It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
There has been a lot going on about the Democrats losing big this November, yet not many pundits are talking about the problems people have with Republicans also. This seems like a good time to start up or revitalize some third parties such as the Libertarian, Green and Reform.

I support no party, being a registered Independent, I know none are going to do anything other than represent their own interests, not mine.

It is interesting that there is much focus on the Tea Party movement and the Republicans trying to make it their own. While it is true the vast majority of this movement is conservative and will vote Republican, does that mean they will?

I've spoken with a ATS member, on a thread (I will have to find it) who claimed to have been one of the people who assisted in starting the Tea Party.

He was complaining about how it was being undermined, from inside.

I explained that is because of Agent Provocateurs and the competitive nature of politics, and what I believe to be the false dichotomy of politics, through their only being two political parties ever represented when it comes to the Presidency of America, this is obvious for anyone who actually looks at it without a political party mentality.

What exactly is the probability, of only Republicans or Democrats to make it that far, always, each and every single time, and no other parties?

Pretty damn slim, if you ask me, which means when both of them are threatened, in my opinion, they act in concert, to undermine that competition.

It is also interesting to note how all politicians are in it to be reelected. They use the same slogans and state they will oppose everything the currant administration is doing. The problem is, what are their solutions to these massive problems?

That is just it, I do not believe they want a solution, they want to sell a "solution", through false promises, gaining funding, and political blackmail.

I will U2U the thread link to one of my most recent threads, it touches on this, but it will shift the dynamic of this thread, and I would rather not do that.

We might bring the policy talk of it over here though and we need to delve more into political policy, foreign and domestic, because this forum area is strict.

In Illinois, we have a Democratic candidate for governor who is stating raising taxes is on the table, along with opening up video poker and other gaming. The Republican is opposed to both the ideas, and says he will cut spending to put the state back in the black. I give the Democrat points for being honest even though it will cost him many votes. But I also wonder what cuts will be made in what programs that will not upset people such as senior citizens, veterans and disabled peoples?

The next few months will be interesting indeed.

I have began to see a pattern when it comes to politics, a threat and a false savior approach, shifting patterns of complict disregard for the citizens.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Rand Paul and Joe Sestak's not so surprising victories in the primaries show how angry the voters are with politics as usual. It is not all that way, as Dan Coats (the establishment candidate) scored an easy victory in Indiana. The one thing about the voting so far is that the results have been predictable for the most part. It seems the candidates who were not perceived as likable are losing (NJ governor, Arlen Specter, etc).

To me, this means many are now voting on personality, not politics. They seem tired of the bickering and negativity out there. I disagree with Rand Paul on nearly every issue, but I would consider voting for him if he remains cordial to others.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Your post reminded of this article I just finished reading.

Quote from : Voters back anti-DC, anti-establishment candidates

WASHINGTON (AP) - With the electorate's intense anger reverberating across the country, this is all but certain: It's an anti-Washington, anti-establishment year.

And candidates with ties to either better beware.

Any doubt about just how toxic the political environment is for congressional incumbents and candidates hand-picked by national Republican and Democratic leaders disappeared late Tuesday, when voters fired Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter in Pennsylvania, forced Democratic Sen.

Blanche Lincoln into a run-off in Arkansas and chose tea party darling Rand Paul to be the GOP nominee in Kentucky's Senate race.

"People just aren't very happy," Ira Robbins, 61, said in Allentown, Pa.

With anyone linked to power, it seems.

I believe people in general are sick of politics as usual.

And the two-party system has never worked except to choke off real choices.

If you have two choices, you are being manipulated into no choice, either A or B.

What if I want choice C or D?

This is why I am not a Democrat nor Republican, but a registered Independent.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join