It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the government monitor ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
they probably do mointer the site, i believe they got people who they hire just for this task, mointering people, lets say a government offical who retires or leaks info on to a website, its up to the government, to check and track the people down, and they could maybe threaten the owner of the site,

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
With the dropping prices of hard drives that have increasing capacities, they are disposable, and fail like popcorn.

(funny thing...my pc has been running faster and no longer fails since I visit ATS..
)

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
UPDATE!

Just got he machine back from the guy that built it. The drive was not crashed, but the data was completely corrupted.

The only thing he can think of that would do it were a virus or or a break-in over my DSL.

We had to install Windows on the other drive (I have twin Maxtor 200s using serial ATA) and reformat the 'bad"drive.

I am now in the process of rebuilding my data.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Shouldn't it read... does ATS monitor the goverment.lol

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just got an email from my internet provider telling me that me email was temporaly stopped due to unathorized access.

The last several days I had emails from some groups saying my mail could not get through, it was bouncing back.

I wonder. Could the chemtrail groups be on to something? ATS too?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In short i would say yes - but stop being US centric - this board was started in the UK ans is owned from the UK - i am sure that it is watched but given the level of IMPORTANT traffic in this world today im sorry it gets a low rating

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If someone accidently found something on google that they weren't supposed to then I can imagine the government keeping tabs on how that happened which could include monitoring someone. Now that I think about it, I did have a problem in my master boot sector I believe but according to a Dell tech, no hacker could possibly get into there.

I heard that zonealarm won't keep out any hacker that pings you 4 times. Just imagine zonealarm as putting a lock on your car, it's better than no lock but won't keep out anyone who's any good or determined. Of course the NSA doesn't need to hack since they all have secret windows code access to any internet windows pc. I read that somewhere.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Look, if you guys have problems with your computers, and would like to look for ways to avoid them, contact the following website's owner (a cousin of mine).
exonyte.dyndns.org...
He has nothing to do with conspiracies, nor do I think he'll be intersted--he's just interested in unique computer problems, and knows a few ways to avoid having them (has been on a computer since the age of 5, is about 21 now...)

Please, only bug him if it's a problem you can't figure out--if he doesn't know, he probably knows somone who does-exonyte.dyndns.org...is his baby

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
the second one's backwards, it's Vincula Neo
exonyte.dyndns.org...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ive never had a total HD or system destroyed but I can tell you since I joined ATS and have delved into the occult anomalies surrounding 911 my Firewall works overtime blocking port scans

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, since I read this post, the CSNY lyrics keep going round and round in my mind....

Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep.
It starts when you're always afraid.
Step outta line, the man come and take you away.

With increasing spyware, adware, viruses and the like, I gotta say you can't just connect to the 'Net without portection. Follow the advise of others and get a router, firewll, AdAware, SpyBot Search &Destroy, SpyWare Blaster, Window Washer. You can't be too careful. What's out there can be worse than the government.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join