It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help reseaching the Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi all,

I want to start reading, researching about the Egyptian Pyramids. The only problem is, there are just so many threads, theories and books, I really dont know where to start.

From what I already know, I believe there to be many secrets kept by government about the pyramids, and I believe they hold many mysteries to this day.

I was hoping someone could point me towards the best theories out there so it will give me a good starting place.

there is nothing worse than reading a whole book about something and realising how out of date and debunked the theory is!!!

thanks!! G,

[edit on 28-5-2009 by grantbeed]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28 May 09 by Gools]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hiya GB,
Mark Lehner is a good example of accepted, mainstream theories of the Giza Plateau. His Complete Pyramids book is okay, solid rather than exciting. If you go down the link, other books are suggested based readers experience. Many ATS people will disagree, but probably the best place to start is Tour Egypt. It features all the established theories of Ancient Egypt and is pitched in an intelligent way. All the theories and explanations are supported by evidence. Where there are questions the site says so. Zahi Hawass is major figure on the site and some ATS members have strong opinions about that. My point is that it's best to study the accepted explanations and dates before wandering into the fringe and utter nonsense areas of ancient Egypt...

Hall of Maat is my favorite site to visit to establish the veracity of unusual claims and new discoveries. The members are mostly very well informed and some are working archaeologists and anthropologists etc. One of our Mods is a member...

Astronomy in Ancient Egypt

Very good summary of Egyptology pdf

Catchpenny: Exploring Myths of AE

Off into the world of speculation and mystery......
Graham Hancock has his own site where he often writes about Ancient Egypt. His associate Robert Bauval focuses more on AE.

I don't really have an interest in the 'mysterious' side of AE, but there are lots of sites out there. I only suggest that you read up the accepted theories and facts first, so you can judge the accuracy of claims found elsewhere.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

thankyou for this kandinsky. I agree, I think its best to start with proven theories before reading the more, out there, stuff.

This will give me some great reading for this weekend.

cheers!! G

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree. I have a bunch of books on egypt i can u2u a small list to start out with if you want. Start with the basics first like just the facts, then get into the UFO reptitilian hybrid david icke bloodline stuff. Trust me once you get a little real research under your belt 90% of the fringe theories will mkae you laugh at how full of crap they are.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

hi the mack,

that would be great. thankyou!!

new topics

top topics

join