It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM China in high gear as parent company rides toward bankruptcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

GM China in high gear as parent company rides toward bankruptcy

edition.cnn.com

HONG KONG, China (CNN) -- As General Motors heads toward insolvency, the company that was once the biggest on the planet is still riding high in the world's most populous country.

As the storied American company prepares to financially dismantle its operations between good and poor performing assets, GM China is becoming the crown jewel in the company's operations.

"If there's a good GM and a bad GM, China is definitely going to be in the good GM side," said Michael Dunne, an auto analyst and managing director of J.D. Power and Associates China.

But the company's build-up in Chi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I suspected as much. While General Motors here in the United States is dying a slow death the Government stands to become an 87% stake holder in a U.S. Corporation laying off thousands upon thousands of workers here, to dominate the booming auto mobile business over there, with our own tax dollars paying for that growth there. There were it gives Chinese jobs but only offers the stock holders here in the U.S. a chance to rake in the inevitable huge profits of a Chinese market and economy that is exploding. Yet who are the stock holders? The Government only 13% would be available to the public.

GM would stand for Government Motors.

I think this should be stopped?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
this is a cyclic thing , USA is paying for karma ,though the real payment hasn't started even yet . USA deserves to collapse , after all the destruction and genocide it has commited on the poor people of this world in the past 200 years

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
this is a cyclic thing , USA is paying for karma ,though the real payment hasn't started even yet . USA deserves to collapse , after all the destruction and genocide it has commited on the poor people of this world in the past 200 years

You might be right there friend...but hey I have only been around for about a quarter of that. And I try real hard to be one of the reasonable good guys...always fair...

So could I get a 75% discount on my Karma points please?

GM does built a fine car too. I am glad to see China will be getting them. I just will miss them here.

Bye GM oh it's Government Motors it's not going anywhere. Hey didn't they do the in the Soviet Union, the Trabat and the Zil, one model each available in black and black?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Kombatt98

You might be right there friend...but hey I have only been around for about a quarter of that. And I try real hard to be one of the reasonable good guys...always fair...

So could I get a 75% discount on my Karma points please?

GM does built a fine car too. I am glad to see China will be getting them. I just will miss them here.

Bye GM oh it's Government Motors it's not going anywhere. Hey didn't they do the in the Soviet Union, the Trabat and the Zil, one model each available in black and black?

trabat was east german ,

the various soviet brands were lada volga,lada niva,lada riva,Uaz-469 ,zil armored limo(for scientists and communist elite)

lada niva is cheap and one of best SUV's ever , offroad it is compaarble to land rover and mitsubishi pajero and its reliable

trabat was the worst piece of crap ever

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

Thanks for the answer friend. The Soviet Union actually made all those vehciles before the collapse? I had read once that there was a German Trabat and a Russian Trabat?

I wonder how many different models GM will make in China and more importantly I wonder just how strict China will be on Environmental Polution and Emissions.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I mentioned the other day that Chinese Auto imports will soon fill the void left behind by the Big 3. Perhaps the planned failure of our Auto Nation is part of the plan to pay back our tremendous and growing debt to China. We certainly don't have the cash to pay them so why not pay them with businesses and land holdings. A rather bizarre bartering system indeed.

China will soon have a large vested interest in our nation far beyond the simple ownership of the majority of our debt.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I mentioned the other day that Chinese Auto imports will soon fill the void left behind by the Big 3. Perhaps the planned failure of our Auto Nation is part of the plan to pay back our tremendous and growing debt to China. We certainly don't have the cash to pay them so why not pay them with businesses and land holdings. A rather bizarre bartering system indeed.

China will soon have a large vested interest in our nation far beyond the simple ownership of the majority of our debt.

Keep in mind China has bought the rights to redevelop Iraqi oil wells and refineries from the new Government in Iraq.

China bought the rights to the huge copper rights in Afghanistan from the new government there investing some 65 billion dollars for one of the world's biggest known reserves.

China bought more cars than America did last year and it's nothing but a growth market. I think Government Motors would rather manufacture there and sell to them there too!

We are the Red Headed ugly step child of the world now! It's official.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Thanks for the answer friend. The Soviet Union actually made all those vehciles before the collapse? I had read once that there was a German Trabat and a Russian Trabat?

I wonder how many different models GM will make in China and more importantly I wonder just how strict China will be on Environmental Polution and Emissions.

yes soviets actually made all those before collapse .Volga was regarded as the soviet mercedes.

I had read once that there was a German Trabat and a Russian Trabat?

no
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Do you know if there is much of an auto industry now inside of Russia and what the big selling brands are.

We never hear much about Russian cars here in the west.

Are there any General Motors operations inside of Russia that you know of?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Do you know if there is much of an auto industry now inside of Russia and what the big selling brands are.

We never hear much about Russian cars here in the west.

Are there any General Motors operations inside of Russia that you know of?

the big selling brands in Russia are ford,lada,Gaz,mitsubishi, mercedes

ford has had maximum sales in the russian car market in 2007 , and it displaced lada as no1 car maker in russia for 2007

GM does operate in rusia

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That's interesting that Ford is doing so well over there. Thanks for that information friend.

The rapid expansion of automobile use and ownership in China sure would be a great market for any company to be in.

new topics

top topics

join