It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says worst over, but debt fears roil markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Obama says worst over, but debt fears roil markets

www.reuters.com

By Andrew Marshall

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Concerns about the debt burden facing countries trying to spend their way out of the economic downturn spooked investors on Thursday as New Zealand unveiled a budget that forecast a decade of government deficits.

U.S. President Barack Obama said America's economy was past the worst of the crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
OK here we go...

Who is trying to kid whom? The worse is over. Did you know that?
I'll believe this when I see and feel it. I like how this article then goes on to describe some other issues going on right now that dont necessarily sound like the worst is over.

"It's safe to say we have stepped back from the brink," he told a fundraiser in Beverly Hills. "There is some calm that didn't exist before.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Didn't he say a week or so ago that our debt was unsustainable?

If you believe that then the worse hasn't reared its head up yet. The economy can boom for 100 years and we will still have that nasty debt over our heads.

His mantra is be scared this week, don't be afraid next week and be scared the week after that.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I know that's what I'm saying one week we hear one thing then next week it seems completely the opposite.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No replies wow that is a conspiracy.

Tiny bump

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Slow day on the boards today. Obama does not know what he is talking about. He just reads his teleprompter and says what he is told. One week the national debt is unsustainable the next week we are out of the woods. Sounds to me like someone told the President he needs to calm people down so they keep their money in the stock market.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
1984 anyone?

this smells of the famed "doublespeak"

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
From now on, I am more likely to believe the polar opposite of everything that comes out of his mouth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well after spending this nation 1 trillion dollars in his first few months of been a president what do you expect him to say, that even when he is driving the nation down the road with more on the "unsustainable budget" and irresponsible fiscal policies he is going to make himself guilty?.

No way in hell, everything is good, and the nations is booming.

But his one million jobs has become the one million dream.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmmmm let me think about this... We have Bond Dislocation the housing market in shambles, every week we add well over a half a million new members to the unemployed rosters. Prices are on the rise and incomes at there lowest levels in decades and they claim things are getting better...

Sorry Mister "O" you can fool the less informed, poorly educated masses but very soon now these kinds of statements will bite you on the butt and come back to haunt you...

top topics

join