It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol.... Influenced By AT&T?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Who do I work for? Who do you work for?

*shakes head sadly*
There's just no middle line with you is there?

I work for Vasse Felix

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
reply to post by Republican08

You're right, but the owner of American Idol is not going to confirm anything. When I say onwer I mean Simon if I'm not mistaken.

There are 2 Simons.

Hard to believe this actually made it to ATS.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
“Fox and the producers of 'American Idol' are absolutely certain that the results of this competition are fair, accurate and verified. Kris Allen is, without a doubt, the American Idol. We have an independent third-party monitoring procedure in place to insure the integrity of the voting process. In no way did any individuals unfairly influence the outcome of the competition.”

As host Ryan Seacrest mentioned on air last week, more than 100 million votes were cast during the finale and Allen had reportedly won by a large margin.

Even the maximum votes made with the AT&T phones were not enough to tip the competition.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
AT&T had little to do with the outcome. What Adam represents to the wholesome All American type voters and the young teenage girls who like pretty boys played a bigger role than anybody texting multiple times in some football stadium. Adam himself said the conservative types who supported Danny Gokey more than likely changed over to Kris when Danny was eliminated.

It was a case of the Gay and bizarre but most talented Adam Lambert vs the clean cut and very talented all American Kris Allen. When Gokey who is a wholesome conservative Christian type left, his voters were sure to go to Kris. Young girls are the groupies for the clean cut wholesome All American type of guys. They also tend to be the biggest demographic of voters on AI.

Kris is very talented but he also fit the description of the modern music styles played on your contemporary top 40 these days. In the end however Adam, Danny and Kris will all go on to be platinum selling artist. This was by far the most talented group AI has ever had. Adam is a renegade and he will cater to a certain audience hungry for a real rocker with real chops. It will be enough to push him along. I would not be surprised if more than 5 contestants from this AI season get recording deals.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Shazam1982]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

LOS ANGELES — AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week.

www.nytimes.com...

New York Times.

I Know everyone here hates American Idol, so do I. Yes I know, even I hate it!

Although if theres a conspiracy regarding a polling process that brought in voters, it's worth looking at, because in the end it's still a conspiracy!

What are your thoughts guys, and why would AT&T really want to influence the polls?
They had nothing to do with the outcome. Young clean cut All American pretty boy loving girls and Conservative Fundamental Christian types played the biggest role. Young girls being the biggest demographic.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

... why would AT&T really want to influence the polls?

"...like Ma Bell i got the ill communication..."

it is entertainment. that directly translates into a dollar amount. equation solved.

if you notice, the last 'contest' was more about sexuality than talent. so there is actually a political agenda there, in addition to whatever financial motivation. (product endorsement)

key word: influence. my point being, more people vote for american idol than they do for presidential elections. that is a lot of "influence".

influence = power = control.

this corny lil' theory, could actually be a far reaching plot. of course it is NOT a conspiracy unless there is a criminal act. (personally i think it is a crime that telecommunications companies are able to get over on all of us.)

i worked in the entertainment industry for a while. anytime you find yourself asking these types of questions, just go back to the fact that it is all a big show. smoke and mirrors. not most of it. all of it. the object is to take your money and rock your world with pretty lights.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Personally, I am a fan of American Idol. It reminds me of the millions of people around the world who bust their asses, are talented as hell (not just in singing) and will never get an Atta Boy or a Pat On The Back because they were never in the right place at the right time.

Adam Lambert didn't win, although he was clearly the best singer because of prejudice and stupidity. The famous Kissing Photos that came out a few weeks ago kept him from the top prize, not A T & T. The world, it seems, is still not ready for a Gay American Idol.

Never fear, however, Adam Lambert not only will far surpass anything that Kris Allen achieves but leave him so far in the dust it will be pitiful.

Dos Pesos

Dave

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Worst. Conspiracy. Ever.
I think most here agree, that if evil is opposite to good, and light opposite to dark, then wisdom & knowledge must be opposite to entertainment. I am not entertained.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
good post OP,wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

American Idol and its version over the pond here are nothing but prime time adverts that have somehow slipped trading standards for TV?

I am sure Nintendo were hammered some time ago with their cartoons being seen as adverts for children,AMerican Idol is the same thing netting the creators loads of money for exploting many and forcing unbreakable contracts on the I want to be famous right now brigade who surprisngly never wanted to sing in public before!

If your a good singer and thats what you want to do,you push out your cv to record lables-at the least you will become a session singer if your voice is good enough.Join a band,ect,ect

This system works very well for these Idol shows,as the contestents are normaly weak putty to be moulded into their hands and sing the songs there told too normaly resulting in the writer getting a big chunk of the takings every time it is performed.Of course they can get them to sing the classic tracks thats old copywrite has ended-as soon as the beatles tracks hit this brick wall every greedy studio is going to exploit it,and rewash everytrack with the singing puppets

Sony I think are the lable and studios used,damm lucky of them to get all this free air time for future acts and christmas chart toppers!I bet all the other studios would love to have the unpaid airtime they do!

I had to watch one of these shows with my daughter!never again-Most of the people on there cant sing and there just being exploited for fun.I have had to audition singers,a lot of them-and myself and the band are never nasty or rude even when we are fighting back tears of laughter at some tone deaf person murdering what we are playing

I have been told that one of the creators for Pop Idol plays the triangle on every song that his acts play-sure its mixed realy low but this pond life gets a cut of the pie by pretending to be a musician!Thats how low these sods are!

Wont watch it,I do know people love it-nothing against them-to me it is an advert and should be treated that way

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

If by that philosophy things don't work, Michio Kaku is a huge fan of Star Trek, which is entertainment, he even said it helped shape his career!

But what do I know Michio Kaku is just some ignorant buffoon by your standards, just buying into entertainment like things.

Entertainment is good, in doses, just like a conspiracy is good in doses, Moderation is okay, avoiding your kids to watch American Idol, is just as bad as avoiding your kids looking for the UFO's or Annunaki.

Conspiracy is a bit entertaining, you have to admit, it entrapts you, grabs your attention makes you think, albeit more the American Idol, but I wouldn't go and say the large majority of America are ignorant fools, I'd say they just feel a great sense of hopelessness, and if they think voting in a little thing such as this will count then it gives them some satisfication.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

Who do I work for? Who do you work for?

*shakes head sadly*
There's just no middle line with you is there?

I work for Vasse Felix

?

Planted by Dr Tom Cullity in 1967, Vasse Felix was the first vineyard and winery to be established in the Margaret River region and is owned and operated by the Holmes a Court family.

www.vassefelix.com.au...

Really?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Only time will tell on Adam Lambert. Gay/Smay - why is that even an issue in this century.

He is a showman - I'll give you that. But - something is missing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Come on! Isnt it obvious that Simon Cowell and Paula are just shills for the NWO. They keep her drugged up all the time and we all know the evilness of Simon Cowell. I tried out for American Idol and he laughed in my face and said I couldnt sink a note. That is evil. My family says I sing great and I always get lots of people wanting me to sing Karaoke. I am but a pawn in a game controlled by the global elitists. They wouldnt know a good singer if they were bit by one.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

Here I am again telling you the same thing.

Try a smaller lure. I can't get my mouth around that spoon.

At least this time you are trolling at the correct speed.

Remember: Smaller Lure.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsusMajor

That post was by justsomeboreddude. You may have me confused.

If you don't like the content in a thread, you simply don't have to read it or acknowledge it. To each his own sir/madam.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by UrsusMajor

That post was by justsomeboreddude. You may have me confused.

If you don't like the content in a thread, you simply don't have to read it or acknowledge it. To each his own sir/madam.

My apologies republican08.

My statement was aimed at someboreddude.

I actually enjoyed your thread until just now.

I was pointing out a behaviour I have seen this particular poster use on several occaisions.

Consider me gone from your thread.

Again, my apologies.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Just stating opposites my friend. If light is opposite to darkness, it does not state that "If there is darkness, there shall be no light".

Just because a person is entertained watching american idol, does not mean that all they do is watch entertainment.

I wouldn't go and say the large majority of America are ignorant fools

Why not? I would.

To anything you retort with all I have to say is "9-11".

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Ignorant yes 9-11 wise, but if you tell a lie enough times people will start to believe it, it all goes back to what they want to accept.

Albeit your point on majority of americans being extremely ignorant is I fear, correct.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join