It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol.... Influenced By AT&T?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES — AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week.

www.nytimes.com...

New York Times.

I Know everyone here hates American Idol, so do I. Yes I know, even I hate it!

Although if theres a conspiracy regarding a polling process that brought in voters, it's worth looking at, because in the end it's still a conspiracy!

What are your thoughts guys, and why would AT&T really want to influence the polls?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I'm sorry sir, it's a conspiracy. Alot of people take a kind liking to the show, although you and I may not like it, it's a conspiracy none the less.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

It's got big corporations, swaying the general population, and you think that's a need not to look at it, because.... well people sing in it.

I know it's easier to sound smart by saying insulting things, and you know, be the tough guy behind a computer screen but ATS is for Conspiracies, not for people that believe what they talk about should be the only thing talked about.

What if I decided, we should talk about UFO's anymore because well too many people are being lulled by them, thus it's ridiculous.

I'm being polite and kind and expect you to do the same.

What if AT&T is planning to use the general population *those you hate so much* and collect enough money before paying off a major politician for a vote in their way. Just something to keep on eye on.

No need to get irate.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My wife likes the show. I like the auditions, if you ever want to laugh for an hour watch the auditions.

I could really care less if it was rigged. My wife liked the guy who won so she doesn't care either.

It won't matter in the long run, nobody will go to jail and my woman tells me that Simon is leaving the show. So the show might be on for one more season anyways.

If AT&T made extra money off of the votes(I hear it costs a dollar a vote) by giving away a few phones then I can't fault them.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Right, it's mainstream, which is why it being manipulated would be a conspiracy. Whole lot of money involved in American Idol, it's probably up there with pro sports except the performers are paid much less for their contributions.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

LOL

This show is def. rigged, from the beginning (auditions)

I have a friend that went in Minneapolis a few years back.. interesting story..

You basically wait around all day, and unless you are hot, totally a freak, or can pass "a singing test by someone else" you are not going to go up no matter how long you wait..

There was more but he told this story better than I

link   
reply to post by jd140

Representatives of AT&T, whose mobile phone network is the only one that can be used to cast “American Idol” votes via text message, provided the free text-messaging services at two parties in Arkansas after the final performance episode of “American Idol” last week, according to the company and people at the events.

Yes, I agree with you on who cares, but a dozen million people do. I personally don't care who is the American Idol, but they hosted two parties, Unsure of how large they were to text their votes in rapidly and freely.

link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

You think pro sports are rigged?

Perhaps a few calls by dirty refs to get an over/under, but I really doubt highly paid pro athletes are in cahoots

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I doubt there's a grand conspiracy overruling all sports, but there are countless stories in sports all over the world about corruption and fixed outcomes. Too much money to be made for there not to be.

Now, as for American Idol, I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to boost the number of total votes the show got this year. I l watched a little of American Idol this year and I kept seeing them brag about how many votes were being cast. Now, why/if they only gave those free-texting services to fans of Kris could be the conspiracy part of the story.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ThePiemaker]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Either because, AT&T or an affiliated company had a big bet on it, like was announced with the John Mccain Vs. Barack Obama, which was held in another country other then the US, and you could bet on who you think would win!

Or because there was a behind the scenes agreement, maybe at&t signed Kris before hand, and had to assure he won, by signing him before he won, they could of chosen to pay him much less to do advertisements, then after he had won! Therefore conning the poor guy.

You may not like it, but it's still a conspiracy, and it's a huge relief from doom and gloom to a real conspiracy you can talk to people in real life about and they can understand it, and then usher in the deeper talks of UFO's and Gov't Coverups, get my drift.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I read an article somewhere that AT&T only handed out about 15 phones. The big thing is that there is a way to cast 10 votes with one call. Apparently when they handed out the phones they gave out the info in regards to the multi votes with one call.

So thats 150 votes with only 15 calls. If they each did this 60 times that would be 135,000 votes. It really isn't that big of a deal because everyone can call as many times as they want.

So I guess my earlier statement about them making money off of it isn't accurate. I forgot about that article.

So if you think about it AT&T doesn't have anything to gain by doing this. Nothing that I can see anyways.

Math is not my strong suit, so it might be off.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

We all know that American Idol is just one more ploy the NWO uses to distract us and now this. Obviously, since rating are down the NWO has to drum up interest by creating a fake scandal regarding voting. Republican08 you disgust me. Who are you working for.. what is your agenda behind pushing this mindless tripe on the public in order to divert them from the PTB stripping us of our freedom. I swear there are more and more covert agents on ATS! We have been infiltrated.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

AT&T doesn't sign them. Simon signs them to a one year contract.

Thats what I understand about it anyways.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Could be...

I know a few pro atheletes, not a lebron or anything, but a few diff. sports (PGA, NFL) and there would be no way in those two I think, but thats my opinion.

I am basing this on the athletes as well, not the refs

EDIT: in fact i live close by that tim donaghey or however you spell it (the ref from the nba)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

If we're going to move on to athletes.

What about Phelps, he gets caugt with, well you know what in a picture.

Then he's banned from swimming for a period, and now he's suddenly not so good.

PTB trying to make him look bad for not doing a supposed thing, or a label telling him to throw a race to pull back their image when they treat him like an underdog later on.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

O god I know, what a joke that was..

My cousin goes to USC too..

He said his xgf knows this kid with the roor

LOL!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Think paranoia may of gotten to someone over here.....

If by that race of the card who do you work for??? I've seen your Eugenics thread, and am mighty suspicious that it is something fellow atsers need to address.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Who do I work for? Who do you work for?
I work for Snow White. I am one of the dwarves, and every night we all share the same bed. Dont deflect your diversions on to me. So now you are going to attack me because I am a little bit more Pro-Choice than you? Are you against people having choice?

[edit on 5/28/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join