It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer: Would've 'been fine' if passenger obeyed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Funny thing is that we were also taught to respect the police officers and follow their advice/orders.

But now it seem like everýone sees it as their duty to resist and provoke the police. Bystanders are obviously supposed to insult the officers.

I can't imagine the logic behind blindly obeying police. If you see them doing something taht you feel is unjust, you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD speak out.

Now there are productive and counter-productive ways to do this, but silence and obedience is not the answer, and it is not the foundation of this country.

I also believe that people need to praise officers when they seem the doing things correctly. It's not all negative. But the people's voice SHOULD be heard, in every single case.

On a last note, no officer has a legal right to expect you to obey until you are under arrest.
I am the type of person, that, unless i blatantly did something wrong(in which case, I own it, take the consequences, and move on), I choose silence. I will not speak to an officer if I feel they have no reason to speak to me. I sit mute.

Really tends to make them mad.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are approximately 800,000 law enforcement officers in the United States. How many have been accused of wrongdoing? How many are "tripping with power?"

Don't let availability or representative heuristics throw you off. Not all police are bad. Some can't handle the power, pressure, whatever. Don't lump them all into the same pot, though.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, after getting all carried away in my previous post, I forgot the thing that the thread made me think of in the first place.

This may be a tad wacky (but that's OK, I'm on medication) but I'm not sure what the police protocol is for drug testing their officers. I'm sure the standard issue would be your average run of the mill like, OK, their not shooting heroin behind the 7-11 on lunch break, but what about steroid abuse?

I can't help but notice that it has become quite popular among our oficers to "buk up". I'm sure fitness plays a big role in doing their jobs but some of these guys look like they spend every last minute of their off-shifts in the gym. Maybe some of these guys are having episodes of " 'roid-rage ". You never know, just a thought.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Very, VERY interesting that you said that. I was thinking the EXACT same thing while going through these threads.

Another thing that comes across my mind... It's pretty obvious that society, as a whole, is deteriorating pretty rapidly. Kids killing their parents, People throwing their children at others to save themselves, kids raping kids, normal everyday folks going schizoid (is that a technical term) at the drop of a hat. Why would people in uniform be immune to this stuff? If anything, they would be more susceptible since they deal with these horrors day in and day out.

Maybe, some people's minds just absolutely cannot cope with what has been going on as of late. Sort of like a mass consciousness thing, but for those with weak minds. Maybe the people in uniform who have the combination of a weak mind and near absolute authority are just snapping.

Pure speculation but intriguing nonetheless.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Many, many athletes(Roger Clemens most notably) are linked to steroid belonging to law enforcement agents. This is something that has been flying under the radar for quite a while.

Great point.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
He would've been fine if Sheriff Griffith didn't give Deputy Fife his bullets back...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Funny thing is that we were also taught to respect the police officers and follow their advice/orders.

But now it seem like everýone sees it as their duty to resist and provoke the police. Bystanders are obviously supposed to insult the officers.

I can't imagine the logic behind blindly obeying police. If you see them doing something taht you feel is unjust, you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD speak out.

Now there are productive and counter-productive ways to do this, but silence and obedience is not the answer, and it is not the foundation of this country.

You clearly missed the point I was trying to make.

Have another read of the whole post and re-evaluate.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join