It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer: Would've 'been fine' if passenger obeyed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Officer: Would've 'been fine' if passenger obeyed

news.aol.com

Officer Marysol Domenici said 22-year-old passenger Oscar Grant was uncooperative as Bay Area transit officers tried to detain him and his friends after a fight on a train from San Francisco.
"If they would've followed orders, this wouldn't have happened," Domenici testified. "They probably would've just been cited and released."
Former transit officer Johannes Mehserle shot Grant in the back as he lay face down on a platform early New Year's Day. He has pleaded not guilty, and the court hearing will determine whether he will stand trial for murder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Excuse me? You shot someone because they didnt follow your orders...

Am I the only one thinking that the Police have gone mad with power. Seems like more and more policemen are attacking people in situations where they were no threat.

The horrible part is that she still thinks it's not her fault.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/28/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Everyone that is put on trial for something or another all think they are innocent for the most part.

Why would he be any differant?

It was caught on camera, he will face a jury and he will be convicted. What more do you want?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Obey or die huh. This kind of thinking is why we should all be allowed to carry guns. If you arm one group and give them uniforms they start to think like an occupying army.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I understand that.

What I am more interested in is the fact Police seem to be getting out of control.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
hahah this reminds me of a couple recent incidents in Vancouver BC where I am from.

The power-tripping RCMP are notorious for excessive force.

I remember during the Braidwood inquiry into the death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski, who was tasered 5 times cause officers claimed he was "brandishing" an office stapler, you know the type that you put a piece of paper into, then lean onto it while it sits onto your desk, and it delivers a nice staple into the corner of your page. Yah, you know the ones, if you open it up, and hold it in front of you and fire it, it falls directly on the floor beneath your hand.

Yah, so 4 officers, all decked out in kevlar vests, feared for their life cause of one guy with a stapler. So they tasered him a total of 5 times, for a continuous shock of almost 30 seconds.

Then recently, they were looking for a break and enter suspect, they came across a deranged homeless man, he pulled out the blade of a box cutter and a rookie female officer without flinching blew his god damn head off.

Yay for excessive police force!

Gangster, Criminal, Police, how they effect you, me and everyone.

3 men beaten after RCMP break down the door to wrong apartment

Vancouver police shoot and kill man, then delete witness video

[edit on 28-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

More out of control?

I don't think so. I think they are the same as they have always been. The majority of them are honest and the minority isn't.

The only reason why people think they are getting out of control is because everything can be caught on tape now. People can upload a video to YouTube at will. Everyone with a cellphone has a digital camera and/or video camera. Bad cops get caught on camera more often because of this.

Technology has changed not the cops.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

What I am more interested in is the fact Police seem to be getting out of control.

Agreed.

There’s another thread new to the boards - a cop pulls over an ambulance during an emergency run (with patients in back of the rig) because it didn’t *yield* to the cop car - then the cop proceeds to grab the ambulance driver around the neck.

It’s just insane...

S&F

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, if you ask me.. that is even worse.

The high ranking police officials should not have jobs if this is the way it has ALWAYS been. The onset of better technology is still no excuse for "police sanctioned" overkill.

Plus.... I consider it a general rule that shooting someone in the back while they are on the ground is a bad thing.

-edit- I guess this was just a friendly shove as well..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The point I assume is underlying Tentickles thread, and the crux of the problem, is the shift from the original ideals of “To Protect and Serve” to “To Enslave and Punish”. Protection of individuals, their rights and liberty has become a question of protection of the public order and the state. This subtle shift in focus of a police officer is what is needed for the successful installation of a police state; welcome to the NWO.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Don't forget king : when they dragged a bunch of teen pot dealers to stanley park and kicked the crap outta them, within inches of there lives(for the reason they were repeat offenders)
Now don't get me wrong, i am in no way promoting drug dealing or being a repeat offender of anything for any reason, but i don' think that kind of stuff is funny,necessary or even to say the least ethical. thankfully those ones lost there jobs but were never charged with anything.

who are going to police the policemen?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

We the People will be soon forced into retaking our government and restoring the State's power. It is when these missions are accomplished that policing the police will not be as necessary.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Never said it was acceptable. Just gave my opinion and you pretty much backed me up by giving a link to a video you found on YouTube.

The majority do their jobs, that is why people choose not to put it on YouTube. The minority who do this type of thing is what gets people blanketing cops as the bad guys. That is why they get the exposure.

As for the video you directed me to.

Unfortunate, but I can't say that he slammed him into the wall on purpose. I wouldn't put that officer in the maniac cop category. Accidents do happen and that looked like one.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am not going to get into that video, for there is another thread about it, but I will say... accident my *snip*. The officer saw his chance to go full-on and he did. It was also an innocent person he hit.. the wrong individual they were after who was stopping when hit.

If you think that backs you up... glad we live in separate realities.

Cops are worse these days mainly because just about anyone can become one. The restrictions and guidelines are not as stringent as they once were.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
The point I assume is underlying Tentickles thread, and the crux of the problem, is the shift from the original ideals of “To Protect and Serve” to “To Enslave and Punish”. Protection of individuals, their rights and liberty has become a question of protection of the public order and the state. This subtle shift in focus of a police officer is what is needed for the successful installation of a police state; welcome to the NWO.

Agreed.

Might as well begin advertising the fact that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

What was sad about that Transformer police cruser, is that I heard three officers of a city nearby wishing they could get away with having that statement ON their mustangs. I even heard one of them joking that every ‘citizen’ was just a ‘perp’ that had not got caught yet.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am not the least bit shocked by the response from this officer. Not the least. Just remember what this cop said , "If he had just sat down, he'd a been fine."

Now look at the video of this incident and let common sense prevail.

Sure appears to me that he was sitting down, then was put face down, held down, and then shot. Maybe the real problem is that he was down, and the real criminals were in control.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by MrWendal]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Wow. That video was shocking. Reminds me of this video posted awhile back.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by karb0n]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Its just like the military rhetoric, they brainwash these poor saps into thinking that they are upholding some sacred oath or something. Sad part is that they are just like us, wanting to do something for their country etc., but little do we know--thanks to our wonderful education systems--about human behavior and learning development. What we need to do is start brainwashing any cops or law inforcement we know personally, judges, lawyers, any one involved in law inforcement and make them see that WE need protecting from them and from our government. The cops are our only hope to restore power back to the state. Without them all is lost. They are just lost and on the wrong side. It won't be quick and easy but it can be done.

I know a guy going into the force right now just because he is tired of his girlfriend having crushes on cops. Thats what we need, more weenies with ammo backup and power!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You want to see some cops out of control- go hang around Hendersonville, NC. They are there to 'serve and protect' THE RICH. Anyone who drives less than an expensive car, and is not in their drug dealing gang are guilty. The place is overrun by police- each one a sadistic, overbearing, rude, reprehensible pile of animal waste. These pigs would arrest their own grandmothers and shoot their children in the back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join