It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Nightmare?: I just stared the Grim Reaper in the Face!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I had a Lucid Nightmare, when i was 7 or 8. Was chased out of a nightmare by a Wearwolf, the way it smelled, the texture of its fur, it's saliva dripping from its mouth. all 8 feet 400ish Pounds of similar to Vanhelsing...but smaller in the face and more protruded...thinner thigs, my hand are shaking :/..I never screamed so quiet...this was before American Wearwolf In London came out

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Thank You so much YAD

I need to stop telling myself wake up and start changing my nightmares for the better. I make myself feel powerless in my own dream
. This one though has never happened before so I could be in for a surprise if this gets worse.

I'll remember your words in the next dream cycle.
It was a close call but I'm still here.

reply to post by Diggity03

Hello Diggity,

The closest I've come to something fury chasing me was the thing from the sewer in the movie 'Big Trouble in Little China'. It was also 8ft tall. Why are these things so tall? I ran behind a door and tried to close it but no matter what I did the door would not close. The beast didn't touch me but it came just as close to my skin as the Grim Reaper.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tumache

Hi tumache,

NEVER EVER have I picked up rituals or talked with a death diety!!!
I wouldn't know where to start or see a reason why I should. I think I'm a regular person with a lot of paranormal activity going on here and there but that is about it....

and again This has never happened before, but some people I talked with today and yesterday have had at least one event like this occuring. I see something came to your door too and sounds similar to the tall Grim at my own door. How did you handle the experience after the nightmare?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pimpmyUFO

Hey pimp,

Grim gets around in a go kart?

I didn't feel any pain just the breath left me and a slight headache after with dizzy spells. I'm calm and myself now though, no nightmares as of yesterday.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Hello Estharik,

Don't get me started on Evil SQUIDS!!!

I remember a nightmare Squid event from the end of 2008... an evil Beast Squid broke through the parking lot concrete at a mall in my town. It used it's Squid suction cups to pick people out of their cars and from off the street. Everyone who could ran and screamed. It was at least 300 feet tall from the long head to the upper body, the lower body was stuck in the Parking Lot Cement!!!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i once had a nightmare, i stole a soccer ball that was sitting in some ones yard .. i started kicking it while i was walking.. next thing you know zombies were chasing me they were walking slow and no matter how fast i ran they were always right behind me. after about 10 minutes of me running around avoiding zombies i returned the ball to the same house from which i stole it. Wouldn't you know it the zombies just phased back into the ground. I guess there is a lesson there somewhere lol (don't steal) and funny enough after that dream i didnt steal anything ever again.

I know this doesnt have anything to do with "grim" just wanted to share with you orange lol

[edit on 03/06/09 by donttaserme]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

Well I enjoyed it dontt,

I'm a fan of horror and Paranormal activity but in some situations I'd rather not play the victim... I'm very aware of the chase dream too, I've been chased by furry monsters, lizards, school books, and I believe the last was a cheesecake with arms.

but This one caught me off guard. I lost my breath with the Grim Reaper and nothing like this or even close to this has ever happened before. I need to learn dream control before it happens again, I could end up in the dead zone where no one hears your screams.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
so i wonder if you die in a dream, do you die in real life? and how does someone know the answer to that question? unless of course if you died in a dream and then woke up.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
OJ you have to reassure yourself that you will never be hurt or physically harmed in a dream because it is a virtual reality simulation, not a real physical event.

It appears real, but is really just an opportunity for you to overcome the fear of which the dream is presenting to you for resolution.

You will not end up in the dead zone where no one can hear you scream.

And donttaseme... I have died many, many times in my dreams.

Either I wake up physically, or I enter another dream, or I deal with the death as if I am now in the afterlife. It is all virtual reality simulation in the form of dreams here.

Dreams cannot hurt you, they can only expand your consciousness, or invoke emotions like fear which is really more about teaching you how to resolve fear and be fearless.

The fearlessness comes with more self-assurance and experience, that and a bit of reason.

Think about all the times you fall asleep and don't remember your dreams. I will assure you that you have faced some scary, freaky ass stuff and don't remember it. You always wake up.

There are literally tones of dreams going on that you are oblivious too yet unconsciously participating in. Just look at your current age, multiply the number of days you have slept and then count the number of times you have died in in real life, as the direct result of dreaming.

I think you can start to reason out the risk of death fairly quickly, or we would all be dead by now if death in a dream equaled death in real life.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Reminds me of a reaper dream I had when I was a teenager. One to this day I still can not forget.

I woke up ( or I thought i woke up) . I was getting ready for school. Looking for what clothes I was going to wear. I hear someone knocking on my bedroom window. I went to go look, and pulled up the blinds. There was the reaper.
It was the black cloak, no face, just red eyes. I could feel it penetrating into my soul. It was trying to get inside me. At this point the room turns red and this red light is flashing. There is a strange music playing that I could only say in person, as it was sound not words. Everything went slow motion. I tried to run from it but I could feel it pushing on my chest. I got out of the room, and into the bathroom where I jumped into the bathtub full of water. For some reason in the dream, it could not hurt me there. My brother was also in the tub and suddenly we turned into frogs. Then I woke up,.... BUT I STILL WAS NOT AWAKE. I thought I was and was shaken by this dream. I went out into the living room, turned off the alarm system and put on my morning inspector gadget. AGAIN, knocking on the window, and I said no way am I going near it this time, but I hear my brothers voice calling my name and telling me he is locked out. So I go and open the back door, he comes in and then his eyes turn red and he starts choking me. This time
I really did wake up.

I had nightmares like this so bad that year, where I was so afraid to sleep I had to get medication, and would fight to take it , I was so terrified. I was about 15 years old. I would have dreams of demon possession, seeing my family murdered in cold blood etc. Was horrible.

Another thing to note, my bedroom was strange. The motion detector always went off in that room, all the time. I heard pigs oinking outside the window once, and got my parents and they heard it too. My dad went outside while my mom and I looked out the window. We could hear them, but none of us from either side of the window saw them. I moved out on my own a year later and all those dreams abruptly stopped.

My little brother was afraid of that room, and swears he saw someone come through the ceiling and left a burn mark, though there was no mark. I used to hear large footsteps in the attic above it, I would tell my mom and she would say it was a bird. I said well it must be BIG bird.

I still think there was some kind of demon in that room as I could feel it trying to posses me in those dreams. There were more experiences , but too long to type.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think I've had an "encounter" with a Reaper before, while I was wide awake, but it was no where near as terrifying as yours.

I was between 6-8, and I was trying to fall asleep in my bed. I looked out into the hallway, into my parents' room, and saw what you would call a classic Reaper, walking into my parent's room. The only difference is that instead of it having a color (like black), it's form was this greenish color that I have never seen before, and it was like it's body was constantly moving, like smoke. I remember thinking that I should go and wake my parents up because there was something walking into their room, but then immediately thought that everything was ok and there wasn't anything to worry about.

I had never seen a stereotypical Reaper before, and I rarely saw one for the next ten years until I started watching Family Guy. Also, as far as I can remember, no body in the family (even extended) died soon after that, or anyone my family would have talked to. I have to say though that that house was creepy and I wouldn't be surprised if something really paranormal was going on there.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've seen a figure wearing the robe that is usually associated with the typical death figure.

It stood in my bedroom doorway, and was semi-transparent.

At first I thought I was seeing things because it was almost instantly gone.

Here's the weird part, the next day my wife told me she had a dream of a hood figure in a black robe doing something to her.

Although I don't think it was "Death" I certainly didn't feel right about what I saw.

- Lee

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Since we are talking about the reaper here's the only "experience" I've had to do with the entity. My father is a FANTASTIC artist but he hardly ever gets the "itch" to draw anything but when he does he HAS to draw it. In early Sept. of 2001 my father got that "itch." He absolutely had to draw "Death" or the Grim Reaper. Worked for 3 or 4 days straight to get this picture drawn and drawn right, even took his sketchpad and pencils to the mall to work on it when we went as a family. Imagine my astonishment when just days later the Sept. 11 incident occurred. My father burned the picture that day and hasn't drawn since.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

You're right YAD,

I've had way too many dreams to fear this one. There have been other dreams where If I thought I was going to die I'd wake myself up or hide behind a door. None have been Grim Reapers though, most were hairy monsters chasing me around.

The cool air I felt after the nightmare was real and the feeling of skin crawling, it only lasted a few seconds after and then the hunger hit me. I ate my pancakes and went back to sleep. Nothing has happened afterward.

I do wonder what would happen if I let myself go in a nightmare. I've never let it happen so there is a chance my nightmares want to play out in full. If this happens again I'll try to control the outcome.

Thank You YAD

top topics

<< 1   >>

join