It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Nightmare?: I just stared the Grim Reaper in the Face!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm still a bit shaky from this nightmare with extra chills so if I stumble on the wording it is an accident ...

This is what happened,

I turned on my Wii system and began to play a round of tennis against the Mii team. The sun was shining through my bay window and there were very few clouds in the sky. Most of the clouds that were in the sky did not look very heavy.

During mid game a yellow spark flew out of the chandelier that hangs over the front door and something dark blocked out the entire sun for a second then moved. I was concerned but continued to play... It was my turn to serve when the same thing happened again but this time the sun did not come back. There was total darkness in the sky and the room I stood in. I could not see down the hall or anything in the room behind me the only light came from the door, which is shaped like a lemon wedge at the top and that is placed 8ft + above the ground...

Through this wedge I saw the Grim Reaper from chest up and he looked like a dark brown male with a thick beard. His scythe scraped against the wedge shaped glass pieces and more yellow sparks popped off the sharp end.

I ran into the darkness while he walked back and forth at the door and I reached for a flashlight, lighter, or switch,.... didn't find anything. All the doors were shut tight and nothing was between us but the dark room and the door. I braced for the worst outcome ever....

The Grim Reaper tapped on the glass wedge and put a small hole in the center creating a vacuum. I slid under a table while telling myself to wake up. The door started to bend and I could see his feet walking into the door while approaching the table. He stood over the table and kneeled down to look at me. This guy is HUGE and very CREEPY, everything you have seen or heard about the Grim Reaper just make it 10 times bigger!!! I stared at him face to face still telling myself to wake up. I was losing my breath but didn't feel any pain. The air rushed out of the room and his cape branched out like a set of Bat Wings....

A skeleton hand came out of his mouth with three extra long fingers all the same size. I felt lifeless but still there was no pain. The extra fingers were an inch or less away from my face and I felt my shirt being pulled. I looked over only able to move my eyes and saw my own hand pulling me out of this nightmare....

My hand!!? I pulled myself out of the nightmare with less than an inch left between life and death.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am slightly dizzy from this encounter so I could have been drained. The reaper does put me in the mind frame of a Samuel Jackson look alike.

Have you ever seen the Reaper?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow, I don't know what to say, But I just had a dream recall, I guess I feel like i've had the same dream, although without the Grim Reaper, but feel the intensity of it you did. If you can make sense of that.

Seems quite worrisome, and it's always a terrible thing to have it really shake your core when you've awoken.

Maybe some other ATSers experienced in Dream telling, can give you some advice on what it means.

Otherwise, when was the last time you saw a picture of the grim reaper, even if family guy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hello Republican,

I have a headache now and I do not remember the last time I saw a picture of the Grim Reaper or the last time I talked about him.

This nightmare was very real but I didn't feel any pain... just wanted to wake up.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

It's bizarre i'll give you that, especially since you don't recollect seeing a similar picture in recent times.

Hopefully all is well with you, have you been feeling recently like something physically is wrong, or something close to you was coming to an end?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
There is no such thing as the grim reaper, you had a nightmare and nothing more. The universe doesn't need an old bearded fart to kill you, death just happens.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
this website often helps me through a crazy dream.
www.dreammoods.com
just from what you said in your dream i will bust out a few from the dream dictionary: Grim Reaper

To see the grim reaper in your dream, signifies the negative, rejected aspects of your personality. It represents aspects of yourself that you have repressed. Alternatively, it symbolizes death or the end of something.

Darkness

To dream that you are groping around in the darkness, indicates that you have insufficient information to make a clear decision. Do your research and do not rush into making choices.

Wind

To dream that the wind is blowing, symbolizes your life force, energy, and vigor. It reflects changes in your life. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to speed up toward achieving your goals or solving some lingering problem.

To dream of strong or gusty winds, represents turmoil and trouble in your life. You are experiencing much stress in some waking situation.
ill stop there lol but feel free to check it out, everything in your dream means something even the colors that you see.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I'm atheist too, but I do like to fantasize the idea that the subconcious is aware of something before you are aware of it.

It may sound absurd but romanticizing it doesn't hurt now does it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hey OJ

What a cool dream, and it sounded like you were facing your fears of death. Please note when entering a dream simulation, you are always the dreamer of the dream.

Second note is that nothing in a dream can hurt you, even your grim reaper simulation, it can only teach you to face your fears.

Now that you have awoken from the dream, and learned about the nature of your fears, and having survived them. You should be less fearful as you start to rationalize the experience.

As you progress with your dream skills, you will have less and less of these types of dreams, and more and more of the dreams you desire. Just be aware that lessons are being learned, and you are a student of yourself.

And fear nothing.

Replace fear with love.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Nice story - better straighten your act out.

You're lucky it was only a dream, mine happened while I was supposedly wide awake.

I saw the Grim Reaper in 1985 while driving alone down a mountain pass. I was driving along in the early morning, I may have passed a car or two but for the most part it was deserted. Something caught my eye in the rear view mirror. I had to turn my head and look back but I couldn't see anything. I looked again in the rear view mirror and all I could see was the pointed hood and the scythe, but no face like your nightmare. It appeared inside the car, not outside the window. So, like a madman who thought there someone in the back seat of my car I quickly jerked my head around to look and I suddenly hit a patch of gravel while traveling 60-70mph and my car went sideways then nearly up on two wheels & inches from the guard rail - I barely recovered without a scratch to me or my car.

I'm not sure why it happened, but it was almost like "it" tried to distract me enough to cause an accident at least that's what I thought then.

Until I read your story, I never thought about it as if it was a dream - since I was actually driving in the real world, but now I wonder if I dozed off and the Grim Reaper vision is what woke me up to save me.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I'm feeling ok now, and didn't see anything after I fell asleep the second time. This has never happened before and still I don't recall any picturies or stories about the Grim Reaper.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

Thank You dontt,

I'll have to go through every detail and apply it to the dream definitions. I've never seen the Reaper before so I can't ignore any message given to me last night. Still pinching myself

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

OMG!!! Hello YAD

After the nightmare I felt some wind and my skin was crawly. I walked out the room and all the food I'd eaten the evening before vanished. I was starving like I had not eaten in days, so I typed the dream up and went in the kitchen to fix me some pancakes.. that's all I wanted. Pancakes?

Is it possible to feel like this after a nightmare? and I don't feel afraid of anything right now but I'll keep watch for something out of the ordinary. This has never happened before.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Hi very,

Sounds like you're lucky too

Would I have made it down a dark mountain pass half sleep with a gigantic Grim Reaper in my back seat or the passenger seat. LOL... OH NO!! Someone would have to send the National Guard to pull me out of the Gorge.

I felt like there was no air left to breath in the world, it left me with the same feeling after I woke up. My head was spinning and I developed a headache. I'm ok now... and again still pinching myself.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Lastnight i had a waking dream as i entered REM of several monsterous looking demonic ghosts in my mind, it looked very angry at me as it was saying things to me, A: i didnt care to listen B: i used the ol "Get thee away devl in the name of Christ" I saw it turn around and dissappear. who knows if it was only a fragment or a real manifestation?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Hi mastermind,

The Grim Reaper did not feel like a demonic presence at all, it was more like a Creepy Stranger at the door. I'm not sure if I was the creator of this thing but I did not feel any pain, just a headache with a dizzy spell.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Fear that we experience can carry over from a dream to our physical body. It is in how you react and deal with the fear that determines how much of an impact it has on your nerves.

No doubt the dream was very frightening, but think in terms of a virtual reality simulation like a holodeck program, it was about as threatening as being hit in the arm with a soft beam of light.

It is up to you to deconstruct the experience into a resolution of fear, over come the negative effects and focus on the more positive learning opportunity that it provides.

In my world, that would have been a fun dream with no fear attached. I would realize it was a dream, a virtual reality and that I could change it at any time.

The more you dream, the less fearful you become because you'll always wake up safe and sound, short of some rattled nerves if the dream is at all scary.

You'll get over it
Just don't give into the fear, over come it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I have a few questions of my own, do you pray to perform rituals or for say worship a death diety? This experience you have is probably quite uncommon and should get some help from a rabbi pastor or any person of spiritual rites and authority, within this realm. You really donot want to trust those of a different realm, such as the grave yard. Not some ago I was in a lucid dream and a knock was at my door, to which I answered to find two people about 7'-8' tall there. they were pasties, and I called the leader out. then I started to lose my breath and my chest seized up. a strange dream indeed. ...

try protecting yourself because childhood fears can be ignited as easy as they were extinguished. only typing away.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by tumache]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

An encounter with the Grim Reaper left me with a 4 inch burn across my chest. I was chased down by a man made of bones driving a go kart. He left everyone around me alone and headed directly for me. I can still feel that burn.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This doesn't have anything to do with the grim reaper directly but I figured I would share my dream from last night. I was at home with my family (2 kids and another) and a hurricane started to roll through. In the dream it took place a year or two from now because my daughter looked older and was a bit grown up. Don't laugh at this next part... but there were these crazy power lines outside and my daughter went to play and came back acting strange, telling me about a frog with claws or spikes. My dad showed up at that point and he and myself caught this mutant frog. My dad kept calling it a name that started with a Y but I can't recall it right now. My dad tried to kill the frog by cutting it open but it had some kind of weird blood and it wouldn't die. I kept it under a small cage while he tried to figure something out and I pulled off one of it's legs so it couldn't hop away

After all that mess with the frog the hurricane was finally coming. I remember looking out the glass doors here and seeing the water rising. I brought my family to my dad's house because it's on higher ground but there were a lot of people there and for some reason it was near or on the beach. Everyone went outside to watch the storm roll in and my kids were in with the crowd just about. A giant wave hit and knocked me against the wall... then another. I most of the people get washed out to the gulf and (don't laugh...again) there was a giant squid snatching people up

I ran back inside to get my girlfriend to help me look for the kids but she was too scared to go out with the waves. I ran back onto the beach and started swimming, searching for my kids....

That's when I woke up. I had some bad shakes and had to go hug my daughter after that. I don't know what it all meant but we get some hurricanes around here but we always leave if they're bad. If anyone can give me a view on what I saw there that would be nice. I can understand the fear of hurricanes and losing children but.... mutant frogs and giant squid? I'm not afraid of either... frog legs taste like chicken and I had squid at the Hibachi bar the other night

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join