It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Holodeck is up and running!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Google Holodeck is up and running.

The google holodeck is used by google engineers to test the usability of StreetView photos. It's also a pretty cool tool to use, if you happen to be at the Google I/O conference in San Francisco this year.

Google's version of a holodeck is a small room that is equipped with flat panel television displays turned 90 degrees. You stand in the middle and can see an almost completely circular view, based on the Google Street cam pictures available for that location.

www.technovelgy.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That's pretty cool , you could essentialy travel around the U.S. without leaving the room.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Google is such a kidder, that thing is called the CAVE.

Cave Automatic Virtual Environment

Between microsoft and google, microsoft is slightly ahead in their holography concepts.

VIRTUAL OFFICE DEVICES

The claimed subject matter provides a system and/or a method that facilitates communicating data utilizing holographic representations. An interface component can receive a portion of data related to a virtual meeting. A holographic component can generate at least one holographic image within a virtual meeting space, wherein the holographic image can virtually represent at least one of the portion of data related to the virtual meeting or a user associated with the virtual meeting. Moreover, a share component can employ a public view or a private view for the holographic image within the virtual meeting space.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The google holodeck is used by google engineers to test the usability of StreetView photos.

That is pretty cool indeed.
I remember before google earth I was driving around town and digitizing streets and sub division. My girlfriend thought I was nuts. A couple of years later POOF google earth

If only I had Billions
I want a holodeck!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Google is such a kidder, that thing is called the CAVE

Somewhere, the idealized shade of Plato is laughing quietly to itself.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Holodeck??? HOLODECK?? They wish

Google's magical deck is not yet by far a holodeck. It's a dark Cave where the wand is circular and 7 flatscreen project a streetview. There's no interaction between the one standing in the cave and that what is shown on the screens.

Sorry guys, I'm still waiting for the Real Thing!

new topics

top topics

join