It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has May Been the Month for UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
www.dailymotion.com...

I have seen more video of UFOs this month then I think I have ever seen before.

I am cowardly sitting on the fence when it comes to UFOs being of extraterrestrial origin.

My favorite movie is The Day the Earth Stood Still, the old one, and I guess something deep down inside of me wants to believe but I just have not seen anything that has really sealed the deal for me.

I am really puzzled by this one and I don't know anything about CGI, or creative video. I consider myself lucky if I can snap a picture and you can recognize the image for what it is.

So experts, tell me what is going on here.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

It has been quite actually -earlier in the year was bigger

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfemme1

It has been quite actually -earlier in the year was bigger

You think that May has been a quiet month for UFO reports?

Which month was greater?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm not an expert, and I don't play one on tv,

but I do read a lot and I found this here

Could have been NOSS satellites
It’s mentioned here:.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the interesting sights in the night sky are the Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) satellite formations, each having two or three satellites in close proximity to one another. Normally these satellites are relatively dim to the unaided eye, but on occasion they brighten sufficiently to be easily seen in a dark sky.

www.satobs.org...

and they can be seen on youtube, looking a lot like your vid.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

I'm not an expert, and I don't play one on tv,

but I do read a lot and I found this here

Could have been NOSS satellites
It’s mentioned here:.

One of the interesting sights in the night sky are the Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) satellite formations, each having two or three satellites in close proximity to one another. Normally these satellites are relatively dim to the unaided eye, but on occasion they brighten sufficiently to be easily seen in a dark sky.

www.satobs.org...

and they can be seen on youtube, looking a lot like your vid.

NOSS was my first thought but after watching the whole video I just wasn't so sure.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It seems that others has noticed May to have been a busy month for UFOs.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I thought satellites too...at first. But as the video progresses, suddenly the footage cuts to a light that moves erratically, almost like a bug up close or an advanced anti-gravity craft far away. Then it goes back to footage that appears to be satellites.

Some other interesting things to me are the way the stars and other "anomalies" like the BIG bright light that shows up at 1 minute in are affected by this camera. It is apparently a night vision filter or something (not a camera expert), and though it makes it easier to view the Things of Interest, it makes it harder to identify stationary objects past the trees and an object that I think resembles some sort of scaffolding at the 7:20 mark.

Some questions:

Why don't we hear commentary? If it was me I would be freakin out. Then again, if this person is used to seeing this kind of phenomena and goes hunting for it (explains the camera filter), then I would understand him/her not wiggin out, but there should be at least some commentary...maybe?

What's with the footage not being complete? Why is it spliced up? There should be some sort of explanation from the person for this. If I, or anyone else, I suspect, were to be capturing possible UFOs on camera, you'd think the entire video would be posted, even if it had to be a compilation of vids.

And why does it end??? So often we see vids that claim to be UFOs (ET), and they just cut off at some arbitrary end. I understand batteries die, camera-phones have a predetermined limit, etc. But where is the explanation for why this video ended when it did? As far as I can tell, it just stops while still having the object(s) in view.

Nonetheless, a very intriguing video, especially the part where the object apparently moves erratically.

S&F

edit sp

edit sp again

[edit on 29-5-2009 by obilesk]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by obilesk]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
I thought satellites too...at first. But as the video progresses, suddenly the footage cuts to a light that moves erratically, almost like a bug up close or an advanced anti-gravity craft far away. Then it goes back to footage that appears to be satellites.

Yeah, I saw that. First thing I thought of (don't laugh) was a bat.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by obilesk

Yeah, I saw that. First thing I thought of (don't laugh) was a bat.

I live in the woods and we have plenty of bats but I have never seen any fly that high.

Not saying they don't, just haven't seen any.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I live in the woods and we have plenty of bats but I have never seen any fly that high.

Not saying they don't, just haven't seen any.

Is there any way to know how high it was flying? I just figured it was closer to the camera than everything was.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well with disclosure just possibly hours away; I guess June is going to out do May by a landslide.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

June is rather the rush hour for them. I just opened a topic for it (5 reports on one day, 1 from the U.S., 4 from England)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowIntelligence

June is rather the rush hour for them. I just opened a topic for it (5 reports on one day, 1 from the U.S., 4 from England)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

Okay; everybody heads up.

Never leave home without the camera and don't forget the extra batteries.

Cut off the auto focus and make a tripod out of anything that is sturdy enough to safely hold the camera and keep it still.

Somebody has to bring in that money shot!

The odds have to be better than the lottery or Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Right?

Maybe?

new topics

top topics

join