It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian UFO conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The original thread ont his topic was removed??? why??? ostensibly due to the fact it was sourced from Allnewsweb???

Yet it was revealed at the conference that the IAF has 400 seperate folders of info on UFOs

here is the local source and ANW (who correctly reported the story the mods here didnt want you to know)

www.--.com...

www.gazzettino.it...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by starfemme1

Anyway i think i will be no longer coming to this website-something fishy is going on and truth is being concealed-this is the cover-up itself-this site isnt what it appears to be!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Whatever the site is or is not...replies are dependent on the members. You are in the unfortunate position of posting a lot of ANW links in your threads. A member had his/her credibility questioned due to posting a lot of ANW threads and having a connection to ANW. I'm Swiss and just passing it on...

ANW is a site that's ignored by a lot of people due to the site's willingness to post unsupported and inaccurate stories. ANW is like the guy who cried wolf too often. They could post a 'Watergate' article relating to UFO evidence and a lot of people wouldn't even look. Think 'Pravda.'

Personally, I'm interested in the outcome of this UFO Conference. If you post anything interesting from a source that isn't ANW, I'm sure you'll get a healthier response

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Absolutely. I only have to see the words -- in the OP and I close the thread as I know the story is going to be nonsense.

There's no conspiracy but if there is a forum policy to stop people from posting links to that particular site I'm all for it. Go Mods!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

mmmmmm.........you might like to distinguish between 'unsupported' and unreported: there is an attitude here that if it isnt written in English it didnt happen and if it from a Chinese news source (or the like) it is instantly BS...but not if it is on CNN: then its true.

ANW is THE only site that collects all the stories from around the world, English or not. I have checked and all their stories are true and perhaps many in Pravda are also more credible than you might think-if you bothered checking.

I won't bother posting more myself but if you choose to only concern yourself with American UFO sightings you r the one missing out.

How do you know the stories in pravda or ANW arent true? Because they arent on Google: shows how much you know. Maybe you are the one that is ignorant not ANW or Pravda!

'

[edit on 28-5-2009 by starfemme1]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Don't make assumptions about the intelligence of members or their ability and willingness to check sources. I've checked every Chinese story from ANW that I've read. Frequently the translation is at odds with the ANW translation. Good stories should have more than one source. If members neglect ANW, they will still expect to hear about it elsewhere. Your links to the Italian Conference? I used the Italian link and translated it...

I'm not sure I understand the annoyance in your replies? People will choose sites they prefer and ignore ones they don't. It's only natural. I'm sure ANW can look after itself. If they want to pull themselves above the ranking of 98,000 they might have to aim for a slightly more discerning audience. Although 'Swiss,' I understand some people suspected that repeated links to ANW were beginning to look like an attempt to massage the Alexa site traffic figures. Very suspicious bunch, these ATSers

I'm not implying this is the case with you...just explaining the low interest in ANW is based on reasoning and not an 'attitude.' As I said earlier, the Italian UFO conference will hopefully be interesting...thanks for the link

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yesterday i did post in your thread starfemme, and i've also pointed out that incredibly this time AllNewsWeb's article was correct about the release of the Year 2008 report. But really, if you wonder why no one is taking seriously that website, then you should check it by yourself IMO:

This remarkable footage (below) of a glowing diamond shaped UFO has been sent into us by a reader. Allegedly the reader, Ms Ling, was walking through a sports oval last month when she noticed this curious object in the sky above her. She quickly pulled out her mobile phone and managed to get a fairly good recording of the craft in light of the circumstances.

'I believe we are being visited by aliens and I now am so happy to have seen a UFO which I think was not of earthly origin' commented Ms Ling. 'I have sent this image to the local astronomy institute and am waiting for their analysis, I have also sent the image to various media outlets which have aired the fascinating image'.

China is generally a very UFO aware society with over 300,000 of its citizens reportedly members of UFO societies.

www.--.com...

Now, let's forget that the "diamond shape" is due to the iris opening (everything would look like that if out of focus), that footage was taken in Crimea, Ukraine. Every SERIOUS publisher, after doing such a mistake, should apologize to the readers and publish in the same page a clarification, updating the article with the news: this did NOT happen there, and this by itself would be enough to stop taking that website seriously. But it's not been the only case.

And how about the Must see! UFO filmed above Lahore, Pakistan ?
Firstly, the OP and -- published a video of a CGI reproduction made by a german guy in order to recreate the phoenix CGI, then, after i've pointed out the real origin of the video, both the OP and ANW article have been edited, and the video removed from youtube: the video in the article was replaced with another one taken in.... PHOENIX, on 2008: check the thread and see the mess by yourself. How many chances do you think that website should have to be taken seriously after trying repeatedly to pass something for something else? We are used to call it hoax, but so far they are considered to be just mistakes: we are used to call it promoting a crap website by spamming the forum with links to it, but it seems that no one has taken any action: really, do you have an idea about WHO should complain about WHAT? Did you have the chance to read the article titled Psychic Predictions and Advice ????

First natural disaster of the year: A tsunami in Asia, or perhaps an earthquake possibly in Malaysia.

Which celebrities will die next year: Bill Cosby and Robbie Williams should look after themselves. I am sensing possible heart problems. Nicole Kidman Should also be careful next year. Eminem will suffer a serious health scare as will Woody Allen.

www.--.com...

Are you trying to force anyone to take that website seriously? Do you think that to keep on spamming the board with links to that crap website will magically change the general consensus that it's a crap website? I don't think it will work but hey, i might be wrong.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by starfemme1

Anyway i think i will be no longer coming to this website-something fishy is going on and truth is being concealed-this is the cover-up itself-this site isnt what it appears to be!
I dunno about a cover up site, but the owners of this website say that they do have the proof, and are waiting to publish it in some paper for lots of kerching. That was over a year ago i heard that, and still they sit on the info?

I call BS to the owners of this website. prove me wrong.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

I dunno about a cover up site, but the owners of this website say that they do have the proof, and are waiting to publish it in some paper for lots of kerching. That was over a year ago i heard that, and still they sit on the info?

Now are you both talking about 'AllNewsWeb' or 'ATS' when talking about proof and sitting on it waiting for the cashtrain to roll in?
Not being funny but Knowledge is free to learn , therefore it shouldn't cost to release it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Now are you both talking about 'AllNewsWeb' or 'ATS' when talking about proof and sitting on it waiting for the cashtrain to roll in?
Not being funny but Knowledge is free to learn , therefore it shouldn't cost to release it.
I know just what you mean, and i need nobody to tel me what to believe. I've seen UFOs, one of them was most magnificant. I need no convincing, but it pisses me off no end, when I see someone say that they have proof, hard solid undefutable proof, and then they say...."but we're sitting on it to cash in"

FFS, there's more at stake than money here, this is human advancement we're talking about. Anyone who holds irrifutable proof should share it. It'll bring them more wealth than money can buy FFS!! If you hold this proof, then you are responsible for holding backthe human race, pure and simple.

I might even go start a thread on it, as a slight call out to those who claim to have this proof. As ANYONE climaing to do so on this site, gets so much stick of they don't put up, they end up banned. one rule for one....?

edit to say, I did post a thread, but it was closed by cowardly mods who daren't let any ciritisism against the site stay there.

*shakes head*

deny ignorance

What a joke.

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit to say, I did post a thread, but it was closed by cowardly mods who daren't let any ciritisism against the site stay there.

*shakes head*

deny ignorance

What a joke.

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

What a selective memory you have...

Are you not aware of this thread :

ATS Issues Thread

[edit on 28-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks for your thought out reply. Look i dont care that much about defending ANW but really.....how many UFO blogs or News Sites including Mainstream ones are always right about UFO stories?
In fact ANW is probably better than most but far from perfect.
Take this current 'big' story on 'Tanguska UFO saves earth'.
Anyone that knows anything about UFOs in Russia knows the story is
a) anything but new
b)nonsense
c)the institute mentioned is probably one guy's bedroom
....but you will still happily post stories from Fox.

Or what about those that back up theories here and sightings with 'evidence' from 'remote viewers....what the hell is empirical about that!
Or the Reptilian stuff.
All ANW does is essentially present stories in English that appeared in foreign papers...it doesnt guarantee their certainty.
Put simply most stuff on here is utter nonsense...i wouldnt be so quick to single out ANW or even Pravda.
You brought a few examples of BS stories from ANW...but most stack up-just off the top of my head.....the Czech sighting, Athens Olympic Airways, Chinese Firefighters siog, Japanese crash, kazakhstan crash, Uzbikistan sighting....and many more. The exception isnt the rule!

new topics

top topics

join