It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UFO Hunters supposed to be satire? PT Barnum is smiling from above

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This week's episode was actually objective, interesting, and less sensational. A couple of the hunters hiked up a mountain with a camera crew, and got an overlook view of Area 51 from 8,000 feet. That was interesting, to see how it looks like a city at night. The show was much more serious, giving even-handed accounts of Area 51 rumour and fact. The research into the flights from Las Vegas was interesting too. The tail numbers of the planes are registered with the FAA to the United States. I already knew that, but to watch them investigate and confirm it with 100% surety was refreshing. Usually they research something and come up with a weak non-conclusive conclusion. So this week has me thinking that the producers and hosts take this seriously, and not as an inside joke on UFO believers, for the purpose of selling TV ads.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My problem with the show is the team jumps to conclusions to quickly. It seems in the first season they were hesitant before any claim would be made. They have been a little too sensationalistic, like they are selling the National Midnight Globe type of paper.

They are fun to watch, and the show is entertaining. There is also a chance that there is something they find that is unusual. The show has yet to be renewed for a fourth season, and they have stopped showing the scheduled newer episodes. I think the show will be canceled, and they will bring back the better UFO Files.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I watched the re run about the nazi bell. I must say that kid with the glasses made bill and that other nut job very upset.

They found a circle made of reinforced concrete and steel next to a factory that was known to be used for Nazi research. Bill about creamed his pants talking about how it was used in the expierament of the bell.

The next day the kid with the glasses took them to what looked like another factory and low and behold was a water tower with a base that looked exactly like the one Bill was so hyped up about.

LOL, you could see the wind leaving his sails. He started talking about how it was the perfect camoflauge to hide it as a water tower.

It was the single greatest thing I had ever seen on that show.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The show is fine - better than most on the subject really.

It's a circus like atmosphere - yes - but that is how the powers that be allow such things to exist.

I thought the show on crashes - including keckburg - provided good visibility for the incident - and a reasonable physical investigation of what was - of course - a seriously cold case.

If they are to be faulted it I would say it is questionable for them to pursue some of the really cold cases they investigate - but they do need enough content to run the show weekly - so it is a trade off...

If you know someone doing a better job (in a similar episodic format) than - by all means - please point the way!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I hope they do not cancel the show. It would be interesting to see them bridge the 20th century hard analysis to the shows on religion and antiquity History Channel touches upon. Episodes dealing with the Annunaki and the thesis that angels etc. in the various religions were visitors, would be cool to watch, and about as provable as the stuff they do now.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by greenorbs]

[edit on 4-6-2009 by greenorbs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join