It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this should scare the heck out of you...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

I really seriously can't stand this Bush/Obama finger pointing. The selling out of America has been going on for a long time and to try and blame it all on Bush or Obama is ignorant. Bush 2 just kicked it into high gear when he got into office, and Obama really has no choice but to keep raping us. Obama could cut his puppet strings and fight the power but we all know he and his famliy would surely die. If I were Obama I would have never taken the job. It's time to stop whinning and take matters into our own hands.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Teeky]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There is hope under Obama folks. Yes it looks dire, but there is solid investment in science which is the only thing that will ultimately get us out of this mess. Just imagine if it were McCain/Palin! No investment in science or the future.. just drilling and war. Things will get worse before they get better, but Obama has us back on the road to innovation and science.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
Well, under Bush 2.0 the bailouts were guaranteed at about 8 trillion i believe. Under Obama, they are now at 12 trillion, but hes only been in office for a few months. What sux is that the experts cant even see that these bailouts have made any difference for the average american. That money was stolen from the american people with promises that it would go to help protect their mortgages and guarantee more credit liquidity, but none of that has happened at all....its all gone to help big banks buy up small banks. Yay us.

Yep, we got F'd in the A, and right in front of our faces too. I never thought I'd say this but, you know what this country needs? Another civil war...

Forgive me Father, but some people truly deserve to perish. These bankers are what some would call 'bad shepherds' and they eat their own sheep. They are aristocrats(vampires) and look upon the public as if they were animals. Obama is a false messiah, tried and true lol. He shows up out of the clear blue, promises all sorts of good things and the people worship him as a god. All the while he's lying through his pearly white teeth, even I was taken in by the guy before the election.

I had a dream last year in October. I was in a government type building and me and Barack were standing by the door greeting officials. Nothing strange, except we did not greet people by shaking hands with them. We threw our right hands up quickly next to our heads like the informal Nazi salute. :p Needless to say I was troubled by this dream, and I knew that he would become president. Also I now knew that he was basically Bush v2.0, and much, much worse in fact.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I get a kick out of all the bickering and finger pointing.

It just proves that many have no clue as to the real truth of the matter.

The truth of the matter is that the monetary system is flawed,and always has been.

The design of it requires an occasional adjustment,to compensate for it's inherent wastefulness and tendering to the greedy few at the expense of the many.

The whole thing is a scam,and it needs to be scrapped.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterybee

When China bought all those treasuries, what did they use/give to the FedGov? Gold?, Yen?, Promises?

Give it back, apologize with Chap 11-ish settlement pay-out, slate wiped clean.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

you kept saying no... and they didnt listen.... so who's debt is it again...?
taxation without representation ... well, just try and force me to pay....
you will have 100 million mini revolutions to contend with... so be it... one tax payer vs one criminal government ... seems fair to me....

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I wish Canada had a debt clock, apparently according to the MSM we have a national debt of 50 billion but that's likely more considering how the media up here lies like it does south of the border.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
That website is amazing. Thanks for the post

This is just wicked. It's almost hypnotic to watch those numbers flicker. Unbelievable. Truly staggering!

I've seen debt clocks before, but this is by far the most well done clock.

Star for you

(Next time please include more info, perhaps a description of the website or something!)

uuh...what he said!

great find OP S&F, I'm emailing this one around.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That is the official military spending. What about black budgets.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
People can pay off their own personal debts, but government can never pay off theirs. If the government ever paid off all of it's debts, there would be no money as all money is issued in exchange for debt. No debt=no money. It can never be repaid anyway, simply because not enough money will ever exist to do so. Only the principal is created when a loan is made, not the interest. The only way old debts get paid is to incur new ones.

Edit: I have to qualify my first statement about people being able to pay off their debts. People who are fortunate enough to be able to pull enough money from the economy to pay off their debts before they are forced into default can but the rest can't because there simply isn't enough to allow them to. That pesky interest problem again. Even if you pay your personal debts, though, you are STILL on the hook for that money as a taxpayer because of the government loans that were made so you could have that money in the first place. So no debt ever really gets paid off at all. It just gets moved around between the government and the people.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by animekenji]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join