It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this should scare the heck out of you...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
www.usdebtclock.org...

this is really scary.... especially, since the average citizen actually thinks he is paying off his debts... why...?
its hopeless...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That website is amazing. Thanks for the post

This is just wicked. It's almost hypnotic to watch those numbers flicker. Unbelievable. Truly staggering!

I've seen debt clocks before, but this is by far the most well done clock.

Star for you

(Next time please include more info, perhaps a description of the website or something!)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Holy crap! That looks serious but I would like to see more "proof" as it were. I mean, how are they doing the various calculations. Although, I have seen debt numbers ranging from 3 - 99 trillion sssooooo... I am not sure "proof" really matters any more. At some point you just kind of throw up your hands and walk away

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Currently, under the Obama administration, we are borrowing 50 cents for every dollar we spend.

Currently I can say "Hello, How are you?" "No" and "Thank you" in Chinese, perhaps I should expand my vocabulary within the next five years or so.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Currently, under the Obama administration, we are borrowing 50 cents for every dollar we spend.

Erm.

Obama inherited the situation. A great majority of that debt was created under the Bush administration.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Erm.

Obama inherited the situation. A great majority of that debt was created under the Bush administration.

I think it's always been our situation. We're just too lazy to do anything about it for some reason. I really can't understand why. People have become too accustomed to what is happening and are being desensitized to the point of ridiculousness. It's getting outta hand and we're still just sitting here. Doesn't make sense does it? Guess i'll just go to the store and buy myself some more beer and let things get worse.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Erm.

With all due respect, does it really make any difference where one lays the blame. Both sides are equally adept at spending money they/we do not have. 'They' obviously could care less, and will continue to do so, until we realize, that 'they' are the problem !

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Is Obama doing anything to rectify the situation?

If not, then he is adding to the problem, inherited or not.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, under Bush 2.0 the bailouts were guaranteed at about 8 trillion i believe. Under Obama, they are now at 12 trillion, but hes only been in office for a few months. What sux is that the experts cant even see that these bailouts have made any difference for the average american. That money was stolen from the american people with promises that it would go to help protect their mortgages and guarantee more credit liquidity, but none of that has happened at all....its all gone to help big banks buy up small banks. Yay us.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
And can you believe Obama talking recently about how we've ran out of money. He doesn't even know what that means; you run out of money when you're at zero not after you've spent the 12 trillion you created for yourself.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Erm.

Oh look its an Obama voter!

Same [snip] different [snip] I am afraid. Sorry mate, but you've been hoodwinked, now go watch American Idol. And then wake up and watch president Obamas national address in which he states he "wakes up every morning thinking of how to keep america safe", then go to youtube and look for Bush speechs.

[snip]

Mod edit - removed profanity

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Some smart entrepreneur/inventor should make a wall clock version for sale. I would buy one... I'd buy dozens for Xmas presents.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog

With all due respect, does it really make any difference where one lays the blame. Both sides are equally adept at spending money they/we do not have. 'They' obviously could care less, and will continue to do so, until we realize, that 'they' are the problem !

Agreed. Starred.

Mea culpa.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Erm.

Stop with the "inheriting" crap. He campaigned and plotted for the position knowing full well what it entailed. He aimed his sights for the presidency and got exactly what he aimed for. There was no inheritance passed down from on high. Obama and his handlers knew EXACTLY what they were campaigning for. Its nothing but disinformation to spread the lie that the conditions we all now face were "inherited", or said in another way, not his fault. The politics continue uninterrupted, passed from puppet to puppet.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I already admitted mea culpa. But okay, I'll do it again. Mea culpa. The new president is a black, not a woman.

Posted 21-7-2005:

Originally posted by Astronomer68

--the next president is quite likely going to be a democrat.

Of course - and a woman too. The US is a hot potato now - the coffers have been looted, and Americans are in debt for generations. Every US law of any significance has been changed, stripped, or dropped - up to and including Constitutional protections.

...Whoever gets in power - for the next 100 years - taxes are going to the same corporate mortgage holders. Unless the US has the debt forgiven, along with rest of the third world...

IMO - Hillary is tagged. She'll take the flack for the depression, for raising taxes, and running the country into the ground. It's already been done of course, but most people think economics is a mystery. hah hah

Also see:

They're raising the U.S. debt limit again!!!

Living Large - Nation's Poorest City Spends Big

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
(1)Bankrupt Economy
(2) Screw Tax Payers
(3) ...?
(4) Profit!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It is quite scary, a few weeks ago they said that every man, woman, and child had about $30000 invested into this debt. It is infuriating that eventhough I am responsible with my money, pay off my credit cards, live within my means, I somehow have accumulated over $90000 in debt for my family. How does that happen?! I think that if they want to say that the debt is the responsibility of the American people, then the American people should vote each and every time they want to spend money. I mean if I'm personally responsible for it, then I should have a direct say in how it is spent.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Are we one step away from the last edge? Even if joe sixpack doesn't understand the implications of what's going on, the financial markets do. Stay tuned for the rest of the story. Today might be interesting.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Erm.

Actually we now borrow 54 cents of every dollar. And only half of that debt was created under the Bush administration. Yes it is true, it took Bush 6 years to spend the money Obama has spent in 4 months. Not that it matters, I am just getting tired of hearing that he "inherited" anything. Look at his past voting record, and you'll find he was right in line with most NEO-Cons. That puts him in the same category as G.W. Financially, and as we are seeing now, morally they are the same.

Also his checkbook must be a disaster. The guy borrows trillions of dollars, to pay off trillions of dollars, which actually increases the amount the American people owe. So because of this the FED is playing games with the Bond market to try and keep the US economy from collapsing into some resembling Argentina.

They'll most likely fail, and People that think "poor mister president Obama 'inherited' this, it's not his fault" are probably going to starve to death.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The partisan bickering is hilarious. Whether it is on this site, or other sites, the finger pointing across political aisles never gets old. One would think that eventually people would wizen up and realize they are being played like a fiddle. It matters not who is in office, the country has been functioning off of debt for decades.

Obama this, Bush that, blah blah blah. Wake the F up, they are the same. We all work for one employer and their name is on each and every USD we spend. The last president that stood up against this debt-based national currency ponzi scheme got a bullet in his head. Read up on Executive Order 11110, look at the dates and figure it out on your own.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join