It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Video Shell Oil Desperately Doesn't Want You to See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The Video Shell Oil Desperately Doesn't Want You to See

www.alternet.org

For over thirteen years, multinational oil giant Royal Dutch Shell has done everything in its power to stop a trial from taking place at which the company must answer to charges that it colluded with the Nigerian military to commit serious human rights abuses to quell peaceful resistance to its operations in the Niger Delta region called Ogoni, including conspiring to bring about the conviction and execution of Ogoni leader Ken Saro-Wiwa and eight of his colleagues.

On Tuesday, there was a last-minute announcement that the trial is postponed with no new date given but it is expected to comm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... you_to_see%2F&feature=player_embedded

This is appalling, it just goes to further show that if you have enough money to back your stance, you can keep things out of the general view of the public for a long time.

This video needs to be seen by all.. Shell Oil should not be allowed to hide from these incidents anymore.

Just another example of corrupt large scale corporations.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
TIA, This is Africa. I don't know what else to say really.

Spend a few months in Africa and you will start to see that it is kind of ingrained and although we pour aid (USAID and others) into this part of the world, they don't really help themselves.

When will the Africans learn that they are sitting on such valuable resources and exploit their land for themselves?

I have been all over West Africa in the early 2000s.

Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Ghana, and Senegal for the State Dept and the UN. Ghana and Senegal made the others look like vacation resorts.

The others were heavy Manu River conflict zones and all over diamonds for the most part.

Watch "Darwin's Worst Nightmare", that is over the fish from Lake Victoria on the West Side of Africa.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
No body cares.
So, I suppose you dont use GAS that comes from Africa? I'll bet

It's a world of allsorts and unfortunately thats what makes us what we are?

We are all Sheep.

Do you really think the world is a better place then what it was 100 years ago? Ask yourself that.

The world is a whole lot worse sweetie..
and it ain't getting any better.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

I care. So, I guess that proves your theory wrong.

The problem is the information about what is going on in the world is suppressed.

That is one of the beautiful things about the "net" and sites such as this one. The information can get out for others to see and "care about".

Walking through life accepting the wrongs in the world, does not help anyone.

-edit- Only my GF calls me sweetie... it's rather creepy when you do....

[edit on 27-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So you don't consume any gasoline products? 98% everything in your home is made from oil products or oil products was use to make them.

So u must live in a wood hut and eat coconuts?

Because you care wright?

If you are looking to blame a company, I think the blame game goes back a whole lot further..

Like what has already been said. "If you drink the blood with the Devil you are no different from the Devil himself".

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smashenator

You can make that argument with anything. Everything around us is manufactured in some way or other.

You said no body cares.. I corrected you.

Just because you own something that was created from the companies (any corrupt company) does not make you an accomplice, especially when the knowledge of what they are doing is kept from you.

I do applaud your trolling effort, your point has been noted and filed away where it belongs.

To(o) easy bro...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I will admit I am biased. I receive my medical insurance from Shell Oil Company and my father was an employee for more than 30 years. I hold the company and it's CEOs, which I have met, with high esteem.

You have to admit though that this happens all too often in Africa. Corrupt Military and government officials are rampant on the continent. War and suffering is a way of life for any who live in certain parts of the continent.
Hopefully they will receive justice.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not going to go on about it.
This sort of scenario has been happening for ever, it will continue to happen until the last drop of oil is consumed.

This sort of situation will never be fixed.

You say you care o.k, I care about all life.

We still all drink from the Devils cup, despite if you think you are a good person or not.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is why this web site annoyes me. Even though i totally get angered at storys like this, i will fill my car with unleaded from Shell happly. I wish I could Just become a hippy today and fight the evil .

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashenator
No body cares.
So, I suppose you dont use GAS that comes from Africa? I'll bet

It's a world of allsorts and unfortunately thats what makes us what we are?

We are all Sheep.

Do you really think the world is a better place then what it was 100 years ago? Ask yourself that.

The world is a whole lot worse sweetie..
and it ain't getting any better.

How pathedic!!! Where I come from there are two kinds of people...those who are part of the problem and those who are part of the solution! We know what category you fall into.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This was a very sad but important video to see. I know one thing, I will never buy another drop of Gasoline from Shell as long as I live.

I have never been a Shell customer because of it's Owner, but I must confess after seeing this video if even riding in another person's car they wanted to buy gas at Shell I will throw a fit and proceed on foot if need be if I can't disuade them!

Ultimately how we stop such companies is to just stop giving them money.

The universal reality that so few people ever want to believe in, is you don't really need courts, come the day people develop a conscience and a comittment not to patronize or enable these corporations that ultimately see their own wealth and power as superceding the value and rights of peaceful human beings.

We keep looking to the courts to do, what each of us should be looking in the mirror at our selves to do, develop a conscience, some common sense and realize that patronizing these companies with our business is the same as being complicit in murders of decent human beings like this, and the barbaric suffering of so many more.

We can stop it, and stop it peacefully, come the day we just wise up and make it a personal crime to ourselves to enrich them in any way.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You know what is amazing about this video...there is truly a worldwide revolution against corruption and tyranny.

new topics

top topics

join