It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't had a dream since Feb 1st, car accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
On february 1st I was in a car accident. I hit my head pretty hard, unconcious for a bit, concussion, the whole 9 yards. I dreamed that night, but I have not had a dream I can remember since I went to the ER the next day for a CAT scan.

This is odd for me because I used to have nightly vivid dreams before this.

If the wreck and my lack of dreams are linked, I'd like to know, has anyone else had an experience like this? I mean it's been several months, and still no dreams. If you've experienced this, did you ever get your ability dream/remember dreams back? I miss my dreams honestly.

Also, is it possible the CAT scan was responsible? Since I dreamed the night of the wreck?

Thanks for any input. I'll be back in 30. Break time at work

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I guess on one else has had this experience? It's frustrating for me, I used to get a lot of artistic inspiration from my dreams

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I do not know of how much help it will be but i will paste a copy from a reply i did on another thread.

Its propably scychological or an after shock effect, but it could as well be the physical result of the crush. If such you should recover with time.

Below is my post and this is the link to the associated thread If you feel like visiting....

I just came in for a second so excuse the fact that i did not have the time to read the opening post or the replies for that matter.... I guess i will be back later to give a better read. Anyway i sympathise with you more than you could imagine. I lived my early life full of nightmares. It started when i was about 8 and never stopped before my early teens. I think i was 12 at the time...maybe later. I don't remember. I will not even get into the details right now of what i was dreaming. Just that it was a couple of horrific nightmares i kept seing repeatedly every night. At some point it got so distressing that even thinking about bedtime was a nightmare. Now that i think about it maybe thats the reason i am an insomniac. Anyway back to track. When i couldn't take it any more and felt helpless in the fact that my parents could do nothing about it, one night in while in fear i took some strength and made a very deep prayer to god asking i never dreamt in my sleep again. Guess what: I ALMOST NEVER DREAMT AGAIN ... My average is about 4 dreams a year and they are mostly innocent, even pleasant at times What i learned since, through experience and some dramatic incidents or after watching a thriller is that if i felt what was making a bad impresion on me might be trigger to a nightmare was: I don't want to dream about this specific thing or anything about it. It has always worked and saved me a lot of trouble! I hope i was helpfull. If i am indeed give me a u2u p.s. Please all excuse my rush and the fact i have't been through the thread. Also you might want to watch this art video i popped in to upload just now. There is some chance it gave you some possitive energy, hopefully in fighting those nightmares back!

(click to open player in new window)

I hope i was of some help...

Take care

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Thanks for the reply! I'll check it out and hope I can find some answers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Dont worry,most people dream everynight but simply dont remember.I had months on end where i wouldn't dream(or couldn't remember) if dreaming is something you like to experience there are many plants or things such as melatonin that can help induce vivid dreams.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah, I know, it's just wierd and unsettling, because for years I would dream every night, and suddenly it stopped

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

You might be focusing too much on the actual car crash which is preventing you from relaxing at bedtime.

No dreams due to the fact your mind is blocking out your thoughts (car crash),
Try thinking of other things but it will greatly enhance it if you do the things that you are thinking about. Hypothetically if you are thinking of fishing, go fishing for a while and it will move your mind away from the crash. Eventually before you know it you will be doing things that are unrelated to either the crash or what I just said and the dreams will flow back.

I had the same problem for a little while after a bad accident when a drunk driver hit my car at a junction. I was focusing too much on the fear of someone hitting me while stationary in a car.

Trust me change your patterns significantly for a short time period and you will rest easily with dreams in the long run even when you move back to the old which you might find you do not like after all

Hope that helps and let me know how you get on.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Goodness I know, my heart still races when i see someone beginning to pull into my lane, and I don't even remember the impact!

You may be right with something there. I don't conciously think about the wreck often before I go to bed, but it may be affecting me subconciously due to the fact that I want to dream again. I don't know. I'll try to change up my routine before I go to bed to see if that helps

One thing I was wondering in general was, could it be physical damage, and not psychological? Is there a chance I somehow lost that brain function when my head smashed into the door frame?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Could be a sign of a stroke as talked about in this video:
www.youtube.com...

You might want to tell your doctor about it, they can check to see if there was damage to that part of your brain.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snap

A stroke? I'm only 21 and I was checked out by the doctor and everything is fine aside from my ability to dream (or remember any dreams I may be having) I'm at work now, so I can't watch the video, but I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks for the input

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A stroke is only one possible cause. You said you hit your head pretty hard, this could have damaged that area of your brain. Tell your doctor, they will know where to look.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

I would be interested to know if any new medications were prescribed that you are still on. Just a thought.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

No, vicodin and flexoral (sp?) which I was only on for a week and a half afterwards. Vicodin I take during nasty bouts of recurring pleurisy (maybe once a year) and don't lose dreams then. The flexoral I had never taken, but nothing about dreams is on the side effects.

And regarding another post, I've had cat scans, etc and no damage was found. I've talked to the doctor and he said he doesn't know why. I just think it's wierd, I've never heard of this before. Like dream amnesia. I still have normal REM sleep and all (I've had the boyfriend stay up and observe), but I just never remember anymore.

It just sucks. Even though my dreams occasionally offered important inspiration for me, I never considered "losing" them, and I feel like I took advantage of them now that they're gone.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Medically, when administered new chemicals that influence brain function, or the issue of the brain healing; you still dream. It's just that the brain has priorities. If you took any medication, that's most likely the culprit for dream cessation.

Your post is coherent, and I doubt brain damage. And, I've gone 1/2 year without remembering my dreams. So, it's not that unusual.

If you start having un-repress-able night mares, then seek a sleep study group via your medical doctor.

I wouldn't worry too much, as you'll be having precognitive dreams again soon, I'd think. And, be able to use this as a method of winning the Powerball. That's a joke...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eyecatching

Haha woohoo, come on powerball!!

I really am hoping it's temporary. And after your post, or pure chance alone, I'll be playing the lottery with any numbers my dream may feature. And a portion of the winnings to you for the idea! Haha

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I got in a car accident in January of 2008. I hit my head and went unconscious. Had a concussion add ended up having 4 seizures. It has been 8 years and I still don't have or remember any of my dreams. My wife says I have nightmares and I wake up really sweaty sometimes. I have told doctors and they all say it's not good. But no one does anything about it.

top topics

join