It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA recommends acetaminophen warnings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Another poster mentioned that this is well known information but I see people consuming these drugs everyday without knowledge or regard for what is in them or what they are doing to their bodies.
This continues the cycle of prescribing and then treating the side effect of said prescription with another prescription and so on and so on. This seems to be quite common and people I know who have experienced this just continue to treat this as the norm in medicine. This is incredibly unhealthy and sometimes more so than the initial treatment of the first condition.

Bingo! What you have described are the effects of marketing over decades. Advertising...creating a "need", creating a way to have that "need" satisfied, creating the illusion that the only way to get that "need" met is through buying that particular product. Hmmmm, similar to the drug dealer locked up in prison.

Wait, I shouldn't compare the health care industry to the drug dealer in prison...the drug dealer doesn't offer anything to help the side effects of the drug s/he sells. At least, as the quote above says, my doctor can keep on giving me more drugs to counteract the effects of the prior drug.

Maybe we need to quit calling them prescriptions and using the word pharmacy. Go back to saying drugs and drugstores.

Has a doctor literally saved my life? Yes, a competent doctor who correctly diagnosed what ailed me. Have I been to a doctor who said to let the bone heal naturally rather than surgery, which I wanted to avoid in that situation? Yes. OTOH have I been to a doctor who wanted me to take every test and prescribe every type of medication? Unfortunately, yes, but didn't stay with that one. OTOH my friend found this doctor to be great for prescribing anti-depressants for ANY situation, all she had to do was ASK.

Here is where advert comes into play. We have been turned from patients into "consumers" of health care for a reason...because then "products"/"services" can be marketed to us, whether we need them or not!!

Thus, we were set up years ago by advertisements, with actors acting as doctors in clinical settings giving us needed "medical" advice. Trust your doctor!! Don't ask and s/he won't tell about side effects.

After that set up, the next level of advert was to get the patients...consumers...to ASK their obviously incompetent or uncaring doctor to prescribe that medication or service to them, the "empowered" patient demanding the drug or service! Wow, sure felt good (as a medically ignorant person) to ask for a drug/service from a person who's been to medical school. And if that doctor won't give it to you, then to hell with them, you'll find a doctor who will!!

The real PTB in this nation that run your life are not the politicians but the corporate lobbyists who run them.

We are an unhealthy nation for a reason, it's good for business. Even more insidious, repeat business.

<< 1   >>

join