It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants classified information review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Obama wants classified information review

www.breitbart.com

President Barack Obama on Wednesday ordered a review of how the nation keeps and classifies its secrets and instructed his top administration officials to lean toward disclosure when they can.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not quite sure what to make of this. It would be interesting if the newly minted "National Declassification Center" works as advertised.

I remember seeing somewhere speculation of a general declassification of UFO and other related items in the government archives. Maybe this is a first step? Or maybe this is just good PR?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This looks good...
It doesn't mean he will get it, but apparently he's interested.
I'm hoping for disclosure of ET and UFO's. It will eventually change us for the better. I think we can handle it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Obama said he didn't want to leave documents kept secret without a clear national security-based reason. "While the government must be able to prevent the public disclosure of information where such disclosure would compromise the privacy of American citizens, national security or other legitimate interests, a democratic government accountable to the people must be as transparent as possible and must not withhold information for self-serving reasons or simply to avoid embarrassment," Obama said in a memo released from the White House.

Well it was fortuned that "disclosure" would happen by the end of this month. ?

Very, very interesting indeed.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The term "disclosure" instead of "declassification" seems oddly placed in national security interests. Is this a hint, that he is working on ET disclosure...I can only hope.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Don't get too excited guys. This isn't going to be "THE DISCLOSURE". This is simply more of a politician playing politics. Dick Cheney won't go away so now they are gonna dig deeper to see what they can skewer the republican party on. Nothing exciting.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They are not talking about yesterday but last week when I posted this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Maybe that should include my FOIA request (unanswered) for records data on the NYC flyover by a presidential VC25 (Boeing 747).....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Has it occurred to anyone else around here that maybe the governments of the world aren't allowed to disclose the ET presence directly. It would seem to me they have been trying to make it so obvious, but without so much as a whisper of actual disclosure. Maybe our government did the right thing back in 1947 and they respected the moral obligation they had to not tell the world at large about our visitors until asked to by them. If I was an alien species and found us in our current state of affairs I wouldn't want you people to know completely about me either. First off, any time in our history anyone of us has shown improbable abilities or extreme and all encompassing love, we deified them and build entire belief systems around them. Maybe the aliens are trying to protect us and them from ourselves. They simply don't want the burden of being immediately pegged with the responsibility of being our saviors. Maybe they are looking for contemporaries in the cosmos.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by JustJoe]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

if they dont want to be known then they shouldnt turn up. If they are here we have a right to know....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
See, Obama's not so bad. He's really one of us.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

Thanks

Closed.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If he releases info on UFOs then i would happy do the chicken dance

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't believe there will be any official disclosure of UFO or ET material for two reasons. One, Most if not all UFO sensitive material is held by private "skunk works" corporations ; freeing the government's hands from the Freedom of Information Act.. www.examiner.com... Two, if the material was released it would ultimately reveal the government's secret space program.

new topics

top topics

join