It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on N.Korea events and Manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have been monitoring the news here and out there
and I am seeing a pattern emerge, but I wonder if anyone else is seeing it. Here's by best attempt at explaining it:

Economy sucks
4 Would-be Terrorists arrested
World Yawns
FBI found to have bad evidence (don't really care how that happened for this convo)
World moves on
N. Korea blows up a nuke
World wake up a bit
N. Korea launches a bunch of missles
World wakes up a bit more
Wires buzz of retaliation and maybe Nuclear 1st Strike, etc.
World begins to get a bit annoyed and considers that this may be a big B-Movie
(just in while I write..) White House yawns

So first off, has anyone seen anything close to the level of economic reporting we were getting before? We are all well and truely distracted. Now the white house has yawned. brietbart.com I kind of figure one of three things will happen in the next 48 hours:

1) N. Korea will find a reason to attack
2) Something will go boom in or around the US
3) Something is going to happen in the economy that would ordinarilly not get past the press.

I actually put the likelyhood in this order 3,1,2.

[edit on 5-27-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
3) Something is going to happen in the economy that would ordinarilly not get past the press.

Interesting post, I'm curious what you mean by this though. Please elaborate?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

Heh, thanks for commenting. Wasn't sure this would float up among the other traffic on the site.

You specifically ask about item #3, the economic news. I am not yet sure what that could be. I did just post an link about Obama wanting to create a new agency for declassification, but i think that is a red herring.

A quick scan of the business news doesn't show anything immediately out of place to me, just some noise on the housing markets and something about corruption in China's bailout plan (big surprise there). If something dramatic is going to happen economically, I don't think it has been started yet.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Hmm. How dramatic do you mean? Like "oops the DOW dropped again," or "holy hell, the dollar just went under!"

Just trying to interperet your meaning.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Heh, I don't think the dollar going under would be able to hide behind N. Korean tantrums. But if something happens, it would only make sense that it would be more dramatic than a DOW drop. Keep in mind that the whole premise of my thoughts here is that we are being distracted from something that they don't want the press to dig into.

I'm sorry for being so vauge... I just don't have all the pieces in my head yet. I have to keep looking around before I can really point to something.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I completely understand. That's how I felt about the whole swine flu thing. Create a media circus so something else gets no attention.

haha during the swine flu thing I really thought some form of gun control would get pushed into law right under our noses.

But then again, something actually happening NK could be the one they're trying to slip by us. It's really getting only little amounts of attention and not much detail on the MSM.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well, the result of the Swine Flu was that people first paniced, then saw that apparently the government had it all under control, then suddenly swine flu was not all that dangerous.

The end result is that is will come back in the fall with a vengance and will be much more viral. Millions of deaths? I dunno, I doubt it, but enough to create a serious disruption. Maybe then you'll see your gun law enforced to keep down riots.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I assume it will come back with force, but I was just speaking in terms of creating a distracting media hubub to sneak something past the public that they may not be overly fond of.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Something rings out to me, "gauge public effect".
What better way to see the spread of a thing than to put the thing out there, and then say, " OH, WE WERE JUST JOKING!!
"

Distraction, and misinformation, some of the best tactics I've seen.

G.M.A.F.B.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What I don't yet see is the end game. Controlling the worlds population under a totalitarian one world government is not an end, especially after a centuries long plan, it's a means to an end.

So what are "they" really up to? But then I suppose that's really off topic for this forum.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I have been asking this for years.
I would say, that in order for things to get better, people need to be told what to do.
But this is no doubt fascist, or is it?
Every country on earth, acts like a bunch of children who will not share their toys.
Time for MOM to tell us to behave.

New growth would not be possible if it were not for the burning of the forest.

I guess, I am to metaphorical.
ALAS......

[edit on 27/5/2009 by reticledc]
subroute:9/delta/23:4:6
call on lotus@direct*

[edit on 27/5/2009 by reticledc]

top topics

join