It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How evil can one human being be? (must read)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I know the daily mail is not the most reliable news source. But this story absolutely horrified me.

Daily Mail

Girl left to die in blazing car after driver boyfriend told fire crews no one was inside

A man left his girlfriend to burn to death in a car after he crashed into a tree, a court heard yesterday.

Waqas Arshad, 24, told emergency services there was nobody inside, despite knowing 17-year-old Emily Brady was trapped in the burning wreckage.

It was only as firefighters tackled the blaze that they realised the teenager was in the car, still strapped into the passenger seat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am aghast at this. Seriously how evil is it possible for one human to be to another? I have never heard of anything so vile as a man letting his girlfriend burn to death. I just hope this poor girl was injured by the crash so badly she was unconscious and felt nothing.

RIP Emily Brady .

Kiwifoot.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
He may have been in shock or just panicked. I think it's important not to assume without all information.

Very sad story.

For me, such things evoke a feeling of profound sadness, not rage, hatred and judgement, and I'm glad I'm made that way, because I see what judging the evils in the world can do to people, and it taps into and brings out the worst in them, makes them evilish in their hatred for evil.

Not an easy concept to grasp.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I agree with Omega point in that we shouldn't assume he did it on purpose. I was once in a bad car accident and truly had no idea what was going on for about 20 minutes afterwords. It's a very tramatic experience and I can understnad why he wouldn't be able to accuratley answer a question like that.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I also agree with omega point.

And to the OP.... i can think of many, many worse and evil things a human being can do.

This is just sad and unfortunate really.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Completely agree.I see it all the time both in life and on here,evil acts bring out the evil and barbarism in other people and they don't even notice it.I'd also like to know more about the story,was he himself injured? hit his head dazed, confused etc

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Goodness, more evil than letting someone burn to death. I'm pretty sure if the police/ambulance/doctors/CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) had thought for a second that there were medical issues regarding his behaviour after the accident, this would have been brought up and helped his case.

I really am quite shocked at the reactions to this, it makes me sick (the incident not your reactions!) and is so sad for the young girl and her family.

The man may have been in shock, but I'm almost certain that to see your car on fire would make you snap back into reality. I guess we'll never know though for sure.

Strange how people view situations differently.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You want to find out how evil folks can be, ride with some cops for a while. Hang out at the ER. Join the military and see what we're fighting.

Enough to make a buzzard puke.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Oh I'm certainly not saying that this is not awful and extremely sad.
And yes, if the guy did this on purpose, then it is truly disgusting and evil.

But we don't know that he did that.

The press have a way of distorting facts and making something out of nothing.

I'm not downplaying this at all, just saying that we don't KNOW that he left her in the car and lied to the police...as you're trying to say.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yeah your right, we know nothing for sure.

I guess it's best to think of the young lady, her family, and in retrospect, the guy has to live with that for the rest of his life, regardless of how 'with it' he was after the wreck.

One point leads me to believe he is a nasty piece of work though:

The court also heard that Arshad had been arrested for drink driving while on bail following the incident.

Wow.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
One point leads me to believe he is a nasty piece of work though:

The court also heard that Arshad had been arrested for drink driving while on bail following the incident.

Wow.

Perhaps....

Or maybe he was just getting pissed to forget about the horrors of losing his G/F?

Again we don't know?

people deal with grief in different ways.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The only evil that exists is inside of us, isn't that a lovely thought. We project ourselves outwardly when the only thing that we can feel is ourselves.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Again true, but he had to have lost his license after the original crash.

He already had no insurance.

But again, you could be right.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ok this guy could be evil, but i probably not.
i have a fiend who was in a car accident, he was driving and crashed.
his best friend and another girl were killed, the car burst into flames they probably burned alive not much was left.
when the police and ambulance ariived they said he was talking gibberish and was just sitting on the curb saying he was fine, even though his arm was smashed to bits. he didn't realise what had happened until he was in the hospital and the doctors and police talked to him again.
this was many years ago, and i know he still relives that event everyday, and he is just annoyed he couldn't help because he didn't know what was going on at the crash and cant really remember a thing, apart from the cars impact into trees and then being in hospital.
but ever since that day his close friends can see the saddness and blame he still carries, even though most wouldn't notice.

but saying all that the guy you were talking about could be just a real git.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I thought you meant that he was arrested for drink driving "after" the crash?

Not sure how drink driving means he's a nasty piece of work and would mean he's capable of intentionally leaving his G/F to die anyway?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It does seem like he was upset about it

But while on bail in February he was stopped at 2am in Luton driving a Peugeot and a roadside breathalyser tested positive. He was later disqualified from driving for 12 months after being charged with failing to provide a sample to police. Minal Raj, defending Arshad, said he had been deeply affected by the crash that killed his girlfriend. She said: “Mr Arshad has undergone a great deal of anxiety and depression, his doctors reports confirm that.

Source

But also....it seems a little fishy that he didn't tell anyone she was in there.
Even when the fire officers arrived and he was on his knees by the car, he said nobody was in the car.

It is puzzling indeed...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

He was drunk for the original crssh.

But while out on bail, after losing his license, he was caught drink driving again.

I guess you are just willing to give a guy like that more benefit of the doubt than I am.

We are all different my friend.

I don't hate him, I'm not full of hate, I'm quite a forgiving person, I believe in the good in people, but I also believe that some people are bad.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You know it begs the question, why didn't the emergency services check the car?

Seriously, if they knew the guy could be disorientated, wouldn't it be safer to check?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well having read more about it....per my post above yours, i think it does seem fishy.

I wasn't just giving him the benefit of the doubt....just questioning the paper that printed the story really....but yes, it's hard to see why someone would deliberately do that.

Who knows...perhaps he is a little deranged.... perhaps the shock and injury from the accident caused him to forget where he was and who was with him.

We'll never now i guess.....only he does and he'll have to live with it.... whatever the truth.

It's a sad story for sure.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetimetechnician
I agree with Omega point in that we shouldn't assume he did it on purpose. I was once in a bad car accident and truly had no idea what was going on for about 20 minutes afterwords. It's a very tramatic experience and I can understnad why he wouldn't be able to accuratley answer a question like that.

This exactly. I was in a car accident back in February, and apparently I told the officers exactly what happened (verified by other driver in police report), supplied all insurance information, contiuned walking to the original destination and called my dad and had a 30 minute conversation regarding the accident and finally called my boss to tell him I wouldn't be in the next day, none of which I remember.

He could be evil, yes, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt from personal experience. It makes the situation for the girl no less awful, but one can't immediately assume the driver was in his right mind after that.

Seriously, if they knew the guy could be disorientated, wouldn't it be safer to check?

This is a good question. They should have checked regardless of what he said.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Exactly....that's what i thought?

The report/story seems a little strange.
You would have thought they would have had a look.... but then...maybe they just took his word that nobody was in there.... as you say, that's strange in itself.

Who knows mate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join