It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Warns N. Korea Of Consequences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
U.S Warns N. Korea Of "Consequences"

(CBS/AP) Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is warning that North Korea will face consequences because of "provocative and belligerent" actions that include threatened military attacks against U.S. and South Korean warships.

Clinton also underscored Wednesday the U.S. commitment to defend South Korea and Japan in the aftermath of North Korea's nuclear and missile tests this week. She said that talks at the United Nations "are going on to add to the consequences that North Korea will face." She did not provide specifics.

Meanwhile, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Wednesday that North Korea's threats against South Korea will not give it the attention Pyongyang wants and will only add to its isolation.

North Korea threatened military action Wednesday against U.S. and South Korean warships plying the waters near the Koreas' disputed maritime border, raising the specter of a naval clash just days after the regime's underground nuclear test.

Pyongyang, reacting angrily to Seoul's decision to join an international program to intercept ships suspected of aiding nuclear proliferation, called the move tantamount to a declaration of war. The threats raise the specter of a naval clash just days after the regime's underground nuclear test.

This thing is starting to get childish imo, lotsa 'my dad is stronger than yours' kind of talk.

I did search on the topic but found only older articles...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Some more information from may 28th
(timetravel wooo)

Pyongyang warns South Korea

North Korea, facing international censure for this week’s nuclear test, threatened today to attack the South after it joined a US-led plan to check vessels suspected of carrying equipment for weapons of mass destruction.

In Moscow, news agencies quoted an official as saying that Russia is taking precautionary security measures because it fears mounting tensions over the test could escalate to war.

Adding to mounting tension in the region, South Korean media reported that Pyongyang had restarted a plant that makes plutonium that can be used in nuclear bombs.

North Korea’s latest threat came after Seoul announced, following the North’s nuclear test on Monday, it was joining the US-led Proliferation Security Initiative, launched under the George W. Bush administration as a part of its “war on terror”.

“Any hostile act against our peaceful vessels including search and seizure will be considered an unpardonable infringement on our sovereignty and we will immediately respond with a powerful military strike,” a North Korean army spokesman was quoted as saying by the official KCNA news agency.

So if they starts to mess with the boats they are sending there, the war is 'on' ... Could get bad this, it doesnt take more than and 'failed' missile launch and if it lands or travel towards S Korean border, S Korea will have no choice but to retaliate ...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can see this going bad and i cannot see an easy way for tensions to settle down a bit.
I mean if n korea want to pursue weopons who are the US to stop them really? Also if the USA had there ships stopped & searched/siezed etc would the USA not threaten the country policing them back?
Its a crappy situation because i can see both sides of the argument here and like i said i dont see how the outcome will be anything other than war or a pre emptive strike which i doubt will end at that, especially if others become involved which could happen if the USA or s-korea decided to occupy the north. As unlikely as that sounds it will be the only way to end the regime that is in power now and i dont see russia or china liking the thought of the USA on its borders.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There's a connection to all this madness I think. NK against SK & US? Israel (US) against Iran. Who are the war mongerers here? Simple answer: USA!! Not the people....But the government controlled by the 'New World Order! They want to cut down the population of Earth. How best to do it? Create large wars and hide in their bunkers!

Assholes!!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I truly hate to say this, but what really, short of killing little kimmy, what is she gonna do?

There is basically nothing resembling trade from/to N.K.

Short of searching every ship/plane going into/out of N.K. there is not really anything more that can be done to him, he is already almost completely isolated from the civilized world.

This is from the WEST.

If Russia/China told little kimmy to be good or they would completely turn their backs on him.
This and only this would sink into little kimmy's head.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we have ATS members in Korea.

Let's hope for the best, and remember them.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
found some more :

Also today, South Korean media reported that Pyongyang has restarted a plant that makes plutonium, a material which can be used in the making of nuclear bombs. That report has not been confirmed.

The South Korean decision to join the patrols marked the end of a long debate in Seoul. North Korea has said in the past that such a decision would amount to a "declaration of war."

abc link

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Funny you say that, coz George Green told P.Camelot that the need for the Elite to go down in these d.u.m.b.s were nuclear fallout..
Wouldnt that be funny !!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
After these countries do their saber rattling, they always do the same thing. Drop a huge bunch of economic aid on them.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Perhaps if the rhetoric coming from our Administration stopped belittling North Korea and treating them like angry children, we might get somewhere. When I hear the dismissive tone from the Administration, I start to get afraid. These people in North Korea have NUCLEAR weapons. They are not schoolyard bullies. They are real and dangerous people that are currently threatening millions of free people. In the same way, the government of North Korea is brutalizing their own people.

North Korea needs to fall, and we need to take that nation very seriously.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the Korean nuke test is the event/crisis that will test Obama within the first six month of his presidency....that Biden was talking in late 2008

According to his statement Obama will make very unpopular decisions.....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just saw Clinton on the news talking about how they most increase the sanctions on N Korea ..

Does it matter for N Korea at all if USA stops all trades ??

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
(CBS/AP) Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is warning that North Korea will face consequences because of "provocative and belligerent" actions that include threatened military attacks against U.S. and South Korean warships.

I can't believe I'm saying this ... I sure wish that Hillary was president instead of Obama. She knows what she's doing. He hasn't got a clue.

Just yesterday Obama basically said 'no big deal .. they are grandstanding' .... Thread here ....

Guess he made that 3AM phone call to her just like in the Saturday Night Live skit. His severe lack of experience is showing through - big time.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join