It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother and daughter film UFOs above their home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Mother and daughter film UFOs above their home

www.wales online.co.uk

IS THIS proof of UFOs over South Wales?

Mother and daughter Fiona and Myfanwy George-Veale certainly think there is something strange going on.

They spotted a series of lights in the sky over their home on Sunday night and say they have yet to find a satisfactory explanation of what the glowing objects might have been.

Mum Fiona, who lives in Llandaff, Cardiff, said: “It was about 10.30pm and my daughters called me to look at the object they could see in the sky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately I can't seem to find an external link to video so it seems it's only embedded sorry.

Very interesting video, with some good point of references with nearby houses etc, a little jerky and some eratic zooms unfortunately.

Audio seems genuine, but there's no indication of camera used.

Hope you all like !

Kind regards,

www.wales online.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looks like genuine footage to me. These balls of light, what ever they are, are real, and they're everywhere!!
Maybe the athmosphere has pimples or something.

Personally, I like them, I think they're here to help. There's something mystical about them. I certainly don't believe that they're freaking lanterns.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thats pretty bizarre Monday at 3 am having a smoke outside I saw something similar,thought it was a star till it got real bright then all of a sudden took off headed upwards disappeared into sky,this was in Arizona,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
omg

this is strange.........i saw something my self may 17th opposite stonge henge 6am in the morning a golden globe of golden light spiraling leaving a trail of gold smoke and no i didnt take a video clip or a picture as my jaw was dropped in amazement of what i was seeing, but more strange here just read this and fiona is part of my family who i havnt seen or talked to in years.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Brilliant video but...

“There were between eight and 12 of these orange spheres in the sky one after each other,” added Fiona, who saw the lights on Bank Holiday Sunday.

“We could see them moving off one by one in the same direction.”

Smells like lanterns to me all going in the same direction (wind). Also, pulsating, orange and red....

[edit on 27-5-2009 by and14263]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Those were probably saucers under the reddish lights. The ones we see often have a pulsating red light, that covers the craft. Though my son, with perfect vision, often will tell me its a saucer shape because he can see it clearer.

Edit to add: just read the lantern idea. As long as you live where lanterns fill the sky. Never seen one yet, I might add. We have seen numerous crafts, the description for the one we say on April 17th of last year was, a large red light that ebbed larger and then shrank, while it hovered for 5 minutes over the treetops, oscillating rapidly back and forth side to side. I highly doubt these are lanterns either.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I have to say i think your right, looks like lanterns being launched from the same location, prob a wedding or birthday job.

Its good that people are paying attention to whats going on in the sky though and so many thinking to film them.
Its only a matter of time before someone gets the daytime shot thats definative proof we are all waiting for.

Last sat night me and my mate spotted 25 moving objects in an hour that were high in night sky, as in satallites, yet some of these make turns, suddenly go bright, and one even stopped dead and i got bored of watching it after 5 mins or so.
What are supposed to be satallites are most definately not all satallites as they do NOT stop or change direction. I just wish i had the means to record them and post them up here as there is so much going on up there.

These lanterns are common now as they even sell them at my local market for £2.50
Its almost becoming trendy to let them off at parties etc and ive seen them get let of at music festivals.

[edit on 27/5/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The problem with "light orb" videos like these is the orbs are usually too far away to make an accurate assessment. And these are no different. Even when zoomed in, their hands shake the camera so bad that you really can't tell much.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by and14263

Its only a matter of time before someone gets the daytime shot thats definative proof we are all waiting for.

Mmmm like these you mean?

As you can see some move in opposite directions, impossible to be balloons or lanterns then...

Or these?

Or This baloon keeping up with concorde?

How about Military footage?

I just cant wait for the proof lol.

Interesting film, on the OP though there is the chance this is Lanterns, the fact that they "pulsated" seems strange, could be orbs..

Elf

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ir0nM0nkey

Wish they could have described them a bit better. I know that when you are having a sighting for the first time you just dont think, the mind has to wrap around the reality in such a manner that logic just does not seem to be present.

The Mom also starts shaking the camera and it just takes away from the footage. I like this one and think that the family is genuine in what they see.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ir0nM0nkey

I posted a similar video from a siting in BC, was told it was a planet or lantern or swamp gas whatever ......... the video really sucked and wouldn't focus, I also looked at the lights with binoculars with 3 other witnesses, these were VERY close to being the same type of lights we saw last month.

yes they seemed to flash different colors but it was definitely a flat shape and not at all round as in a ball shape, the lights were very clearly around the edges of the shape so I ruled out any kind of airplane lights.

Very discouraging to see people happy to tell others they didn't see what they saw!!

but until it happens to them or the critters land on the white house lawn...... its not gonna change.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
just another video to ooohhh and aweeee at...

there's so many videos out there to prove this but not many beleive this phenomenon. its been happening for years yet a lot of people have their heads in the sand...

yet a majority of people beleive in god, but with no hard evidence... beleive Jesus existed, but no hard evidence, yet witnesses, video, declassified military files, list could go on and on, yet, still heads in the sands... (i don't get it
)

im not saying god or Jesus never existed, but, its just a comparison... so any religious people, my bad if i hit a sore spot, don't mean to.

S&F for the vid.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
lmfao LOOK MY LIGHTING BALLOONS HAVE BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!
I HAS LOST THEM!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yup pretty sure its balloons, not sure if they belong to the above poster though

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Might be homemade hot air ballons as other poster said.

Also look quite similiar to some of the Hessdalen lights from Norway.

Hessdalen lights

Same phenomenon?

-Zyk

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Zykloner]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Looks like the Tinley park lights.. Those are definitly not chinese lanterns...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
More glowing "spirit orbs" of light. Coming back to Earth to claim what is rightfully theirs perhaps?

I know people have seen these lights all over the world but why does it seem that the majority of the sightings are in England? Most of the crop circles are formed in England, most of the greatest rock bands ever are from England.(Zeppelin,Ozzy,Def Leppard to name a few) Also, the Royal Family resides there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is whats the deal with England? Did alot of innocent people have to die in order for others to be rich,powerful and famous?
It is my belief that these "orbs" are a direct by-product of something that has
went on in the past that shouldn't have. To think people still believe there is no life after death.

In the end, we all get what we truly deserve.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok ive not read all the posts but would like to set the record straight and probably kill this thread....."sorry"
Sunday night in Cardiff Bay at between 10pm and 10.15pm there were 25 chinese lanterns released from the rear of the chinese restraunt next to the comedy club in Cardiff Bay.......My source! I was there for a Birthday party and about 40 people watched them being released.

The area the vid was taken is Llandaff in Cardiff!
The ballons were realesed at the bay which is a few miles from there....

[edit on 28/5/09 by parrallel]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Parralell is right unfortunately this one is down to balloons or so they say ; )

City UFOs were Chinese lanterns

ECHO readers have helped to solve the mystery of the suspected UFOs spotted over the bank holiday weekend.

Scores of people got in touch yesterday with more stories of sightings around the Llandaff and Whitchurch area.

UFO researchers from Canada even contacted the paper after seeing the video on the Wales Online website.

But the “UFOs” seen by mother and daughter Fiona and Myfanwy George-Veale were most likely Chinese lanterns released by a wedding party at Canada House on the outskirts of Cardiff.

Reader John Pascos was a guest at the wedding and said 25-30 of the lanterns had been released into the sky by guests.

Experienced UFO researcher Philip Mantle, who has written a number of books on the subject, was quick to spot the confusion.

He e-mailed the Echo to say: “I can tell you that Fiona and Myfanwy George-Veale did not film anything unusual.

“Instead they have filmed Chinese lanterns.

source

[edit on 28-5-2009 by franspeakfree]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join