It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inner Worlds of Conspiracy Believers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ehm, yeah that sounds pretty close to me (the quote the OP used anyway), but that doesn't really mean much... personally, I think anyone who doesn't question authority has something wrong with THEM.

P.S. Is it necessary to point out that they frequently talk with like-minded individuals? Doesn't pretty much everyone do that?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What's laughable is Main Stream News like this fodder.

Attempt to keep the sheep feeling they are "normal" and 911 was an inside job people are loonies.

Anyone that works for MSM should quit now, because soon anyone known to be in corporate owned "news" crap like this will be looked at as a fraud and sell out. We really should concentrate on exposing the media circus and how it is inept, outdated, and completely insane.

Oh yeah 911 WAS an inside job. Period.

wZn

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
P.S. Is it necessary to point out that they frequently talk with like-minded individuals? Doesn't pretty much everyone do that?

Of course you will note that these non-questioning characters will rarely if ever be open to any discussion that goes against their own like-mindedness. The casual display of hypocrisy.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
of the conspiracy theories that have become common knowledge have turned out to be...wait for it.....REAL CONSPIRACIES.

Absolutely... here's a long list of conspiracy theories that turned out to be true... and by my conservative estimate, will steadily grow in number per year, until we teach them that they can't out smart us any longer.

We should hold dear the wise words of our beloved leader...

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee - I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on… shame on you. Fool me - you can’t get fooled again.”
~ GWB - Nashville, Tennessee, 17 September, 2002

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Look, the people who are asleep just want the ones who are awake to pipe down and shut off the lights.

And the study was probably funded by the CIA, or MI5 (more likely the CIA, it's more their style).

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For those interested in more discussion on the topic. Schrodingers Dog was the first to post a thread on this news/article in the Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection forum, and i must say with out hesitation... that he made a way better intro then myself. Of course i didn't realize this until today ( thank you little birdie for the heads up
)

The Inner Worlds of Conspiracy Believers (it's ALL your fault)

...and another thread by S-Dog that reveals how the MSM spins stories in an attempt to assassinate the character of "conspiracy theorists"
Fox news doesnt kill people, conspiracy theorists kill people
and speaking of fox... their coverage of the illuminati in the movie Angels & Demons also reveals some suspicious motives in kin to these tactics but with a whole other approach.
Fox News: The Illuminati

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Interesting post someone made in the article's comment section:

Propaganda?
US News and World Report is owned by Mort Zuckerman, who's part of the Israel lobby. It's very important for Israel to keep the world believing that Muslims committed the 911 murders, even if the official story is by far the most ridiculous.

When you look closely at the most likely players behind 911, you can't help but note more then a few Zionists in the mix.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Maybe the best way to explain/understand such "studies" is to view/frame them from a Martha Mitchel Effect perspective:

John Mitchell was the Attorney-General during the Nixon administration.

His wife - Martha Mitchell - told her psychologist that top White House officials were engaged in illegal activities. Her psychologist labeled these claims as caused by mental illness.

Ultimately, however, the relevant facts of the Watergate scandal vindicated her.

In fact, psychologists have now given a label - the "Martha Mitchell Effect" - to "the process by which a psychiatrist, psychologist, or other mental health clinician mistakes the patient's perception of real events as delusional and misdiagnoses accordingly".

The authors of a paper on this phenomenon ( Bell, V., Halligan, P.W., Ellis, H.D. (2003) Beliefs About Delusions. The Psychologist, 6 (8), 418-422) conclude:

Sometimes, improbable reports are erroneously assumed to be symptoms of mental illness [due to a] failure or inability to verify whether the events have actually taken place, no matter how improbable intuitively they might appear to the busy clinician.

In other words, psychologists who haven't taken the time to examine for themselves the claims of their patients will tend to label as delusional anything which they "intuitively" feel is improbable.

source: www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

COINTELPRO used to be a conspiracy until people learned that it was actually true. Makes one wonder what other "theories" are true.
"An informative film on the FBI's COINTELPRO conspiracy to kill major black leaders in the 1960s and early 1970s."

Google Video Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join