It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual heat expected for much of USA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Link to Source

Summer forecast: Unusual heat expected for much of USA

Forecasters say that rainfall should be close to average across most of the nation over the next three months, with only the Pacific Northwest and northern Intermountain West enduring unusually dry weather. The only wetter-than-average areas this summer are predicted to be across central and southern Florida and near the Four Corners region of the Southwest.

Vacationers should expect unusually warm weather for much of the USA this summer, according to federal forecasters at the Climate Prediction Center, which released its summer 2009 forecast last Thursday, the same day they made their 2009 Atlantic hurricane season forecast.

Additional Information

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Its already been 106 degrees(two weeks ago) here in central cal, I feel a scorcher coming on.

But its always hot here, summer of 06 was a real scorcher we hit 117 and stayed above 105 for like 3 weeks.
One night it was still 110 degrees at 9pm

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh yes, but the Norm of things are changing, and I personally think this summer will be the year we all see the true effect of the climate change.

It isnt 40 years away, it is now, tsunamies, tornados, earthquakes, all of it is on it's way. Some say this will be the summer of h3ll, I hope they are wrong though, yet I see it with my own eyes in the sky.

The weather is changing from one hour till the next, un-natural no matter how much you deny it, change has started.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

LAME. I hate the heat. Haha, where I live it's seriously humid and it makes 80 degrees miserable. When it gets up in the 100's? Don't even want to remember those days. 65 and sunny for me!

Thanks for the post. Even if it does make me dread the dog days of summer.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Great, I'm about to head back to nc, it was hot enough when I was there last year. I was already not looking forward to re-experiencing the hot weather of last year, but now I find out its gonna be even worse. I'm gonna end up melting. :/

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Regarding the possibility of climate change, I don't think that is the case here. It's an unusually warm summer. It happens. Same way this past winter was unusually icy here in KY (that ice storm sucked!) or some springs are extremely stormy and wet. It's just the way the weather works. It has no rhyme or reason!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

It isnt 40 years away, it is now, tsunamies, tornados, earthquakes, all of it is on it's way. Some say this will be the summer of h3ll

Some say a lot of things based on nothing, like a huge mothership is going to land. Summer of hell? I doubt it. More like just another hot-ass summer in places here like Sacramento.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitskye
Great, I'm about to head back to nc, it was hot enough when I was there last year. I was already not looking forward to re-experiencing the hot weather of last year, but now I find out its gonna be even worse. I'm gonna end up melting. :/

Maybe not so bad here. California has been freakishly hot lately, but here in Atlanta it has been a bit cooler than normal on many days. NC may not be so bad.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yes, some say, and I dont mean Donald Duck, watching MSM will render you clueless and doing your own research is what counts..

Im not tossing garbage, read abit and youll see...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Funny, I think N.Korea could be heating up to around 16billion celcius pretty soon.

Nah, but all seriousness. I'm in England and we have been told it's gonna be hot, then when you stick your swimgear on, it starts raining.... It really is annoying though, to have one hot day would be great.

England sucks for seasons:

Summer: rains
Winter: rains/sometimes sunny... (never any snow where I live
even when everywhere else had snow)
Spring: warmish
Autumn: rains

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, i sure could use some heat where i am. The cold weather is very much here,,,, seems its just going to linger forever...tonight overnight lows will be 38-40 degrees and we havent seen much of the sun.

This is early April weather, not almost June weather.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Diplomat

Yes, some say, and I dont mean Donald Duck, watching MSM will render you clueless and doing your own research is what counts..

Im not tossing garbage, read abit and youll see...

Yea well someone told me that we were going to see massive flooding in the beginning of 2009 that would cover up the west coast of the U.S. Nothing of that scale has happened and I really doubt it will any time soon. All of the "2012" people say that we will start seeing more and more "signs" as we approach 2012, but there has still yet to be anything significant. Few Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions but that is pretty much normal.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Farmer's Almanac predicts my region, which is in red on the CPC map, to have a cool and dry Summer.

For what it's worth so far this year the Almanac has been spot-on for us here.

Weather prediction is voodoo BS. Anything out past 3 days is like playing the lotto.

Plus, 3 months hotter or colder is hardly evidence of global climate change.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Oh yes, but the Norm of things are changing, and I personally think this summer will be the year we all see the true effect of the climate change.

It isnt 40 years away, it is now, tsunamies, tornados, earthquakes, all of it is on it's way. Some say this will be the summer of h3ll, I hope they are wrong though, yet I see it with my own eyes in the sky.

The weather is changing from one hour till the next, un-natural no matter how much you deny it, change has started.

Woo - summer of h3ll!

This whole "global warming" thing has been far colder than normal in Washington State. Last I checked it was the 2nd snowiest winter on record. Oh, that's right - it's now "global climate change" since the world wasn't melting like Al Gore said it was.

I hope we get some of that h3ll weather up here, because I'm tired of camping in overcast conditions. I want a real summer this year.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Yea, apply some 'energy' , they did it before..not there, but still..
Nothing good comes out of adding energy, look at pearl harbor, Japan added energy there, and what happend ????

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Yes, but cold and heat goes together, you have worm weather wich in turn gives colder weather.. Not at the same time , you know, the weather here is an result of the weather on the sun so to speak...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Let me inform you that summer has entered over here in Greece quite suddenly with a steep rise of temperature last week.

This did not allow for much physical adjustment making these last days a bit of a pain. Howewer i think by the end of next week i will be managing better bringing my oversweating to a halt

I susspect this summer to be quite hot globbaly which is my main fear about the unfolding of 2012 "EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS"

just me...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is always hot here in Arizona. Each year it seems to get a little extra heat added. Glad that we might be getting some extra water though. A lot of the bigger reservoirs are drying up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join