It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton urges Israel settlement halt, no exception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Clinton urges Israel settlement halt, no exception

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON, May 27 (Reuters) - The United States wants Israel to stop expanding Jewish settlements without exception, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday, promising that Washington would push this point with its ally.

Palestinian and other Arab officials have long argued that Israel's expansion of settlements on land it occupied in the 1967 Middle East war undermine efforts to negotiate a peace agreement to end the six-decade conflict.

President Barack Obama, who has promised a fresh U.S. peace effort, said in a meeting on May 18 with Israel's Prime Minister Benja
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

"The president was very clear when Prime Minister Netanyahu was here. He wants to see a stop to settlements -- not some settlements, not outposts, not natural growth exceptions," Clinton said at a news conference with Egypt's foreign minister.

Amen to that!

From my limited understanding of this long-standing conflict,
the expansion of settlements into the neighboring region has
been a highly volatile issue, fomenting violence for decades.
Its about time someone told Israel to STOP!

Do you think Israel will cease expansion of settlements?
If they don't, will the US have the cahones to punish Isreal?

What are your thoughts?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I dont think Israel will stop as I think they are arrogant to know nothing will be done about it. These are just words ...we need to see some action.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Do you think Israel will cease expansion of settlements?

No.

If they don't, will the US have the cahones to punish Isreal?

No.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that Israel is a neo-fascist, expansionist state which has no genuine intention at all of ever wishing to reach a peace settlement of any kind. If it did we would have a two state agreement by now with Palestine enjoying autonomy over its own sovereign territory in the West Bank and Gaza.

Instead we have a US-sponsored, US-funded, illegal and brutal occupation in which Israeli forces terrorize Palestinian men, women and children on a daily basis.

Nice sentiment Mrs Clinton. Nice smile Mr Obama. What's behind it?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe if all countries got together we could put an end to this Israel country.

"Behold, the Day of the LORD is coming, (the coming "Apocalypse")

And your spoil will be divided in your midst.

For I (God) will gather ALL the nations to battle

against Jerusalem"

(Zechariah 14:1-2)

“in those days and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people Israel.”

“Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for light by day and THE FIXED ORDER of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar--the LORD of hosts is His name: If this FIXED ORDER departs from before me, says the LORD, then shall the descendants of Israel cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus says the LORD: If the heavens above can be measured, and THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH BELOW can be explored, then I will cast off all the descendants of Israel for all that they have done, says the LORD." (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

So I suggest that everyone who is against Israel should realise that they are also against the will of the God of the Bible.
Israel exists because God made a promise to Abraham, and it will not cease to exist, allthough it will go through some hard times.
And to anyone who thinks the Israeli jews are not real Jews and come from somewhere around Kazakstan they should google on the dna tests.
These are Jews and this is an Israel protected by God. Research it and find out the truth. They are not Christian and are a stubborn people but God keeps his promise

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceonearth

Riiiight.

You show me proof of God and I'll show you an honest politician.

Not to bash your views, but God isn't helping at the moment, so we should stop relying on him to "fix" things. Were not completely useless as a species.

Israel is not a bad country, they simply have bad leaders. You can't condemn a whole group of people when it comes to democracy, cause we all know that's just a fancy word for Totalitarianism.

They will stop expanding, God forbid they loose their precious seat as the 51st State of the USA. That would put them in a world of trouble if the US turns their back on them.

I think this is just more arm flailing my our government, simply to save face during the coming conflict. Our whole damn world is a powderkeg right now and the fuse is somewhat lit.

~Keeper

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is really quite simple. Israel should stop expanding Jewish settlements when Hamas stops making rockets.

Done? Done.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Perhaps Madam Secretary Clinton could concern herself with issues that matter and the crisis that are developing in the Koreas and the conflict between Israel and Iran. She should stop talking and start DOING. Nothing Ms. Clinton says in public will make any difference.

War between Israel and Iran would mean that "Palestine" would not exist anymore. To preserve any hope of peace, it is best not to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. If our Administration keeps stabbing the Israelis, they are going to push Israel over the brink towards war.

Ms. Clinton, please stop talking. You make America look arrogant and meddling.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You don't have to go very far to find out why the world is in the state it is. Sometimes you don't even have to leave the thread you're reading.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You are wrong there, a couple of thousand years ago God said he would show the future and prove that he is God(it is in the bible). He foretold that the Jewish people would be scattered throughout the world and hated and put to death. One day, because he made a promise to Abraham, he would gather them back to the land of their fathers. He has done that, he also said that Israel would become hated by the other nations, and that Jerusalem would become a major problem for the world.(you seen the news over the last few years?) Israel will survive but a major war will break out because of it. This war will become so bad that no flesh on Earth would survive if God did not shorten those days. If I was writing this 100 years ago I would have to say mark my words that in the future there will be a state called Israel and it will become a major problem for the world and will lead to the last war on this planet. You would no doubt have thought I was nuts. But that is exactly what the bible says. And if you look at world affairs then you will see it is happening.
For the future?? Israel will become more hated than it is already and ALL nations will seek to destroy it. But none will succeed.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No disrespect, but not everyone believes the Bible should be taken word for word. It's been translated at least 3 times, and frankly how relieable is it being that the "authors" made themselves the "chosen people"? Why would God chose one group above all others if God were infinite love? People who claim to hear the voice of God nowadays tend to get locked up. ...
Radical religious fanatics tend to shape everyday reality to fit the form of percieved prophecy. There are Jews against the state of Israel because they feel that it's NOT God made but man made.
Lastly, why even bother with millitary action against Iran to stop their nuclear ambitions and the cost of innocent lives in the process if God will always "protects Israel", as you say? Good.... then they don't need the US fighting on their behalf alll over the middle east and my tax dollars won't have to go to Israel anymore.
Yeah, I think this whole the Bible-said-it-so-it-must-be-true excuse is B.S.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Abbby]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
This is really quite simple. Israel should stop expanding Jewish settlements when Hamas stops making rockets.

Done? Done.

How about Israel stays on the land ARABS gave them in 1967 and stop bulldozing Palestinian homes to expand, and Hamas will stop firing rockets?

3rd

5th

9th

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by peaceonearth
Israel will become more hated than it is already and ALL nations will seek to destroy it. But none will succeed.

As soon as the US falls, watch how fast Russia and China take out israel.

Hell, they don't even need to get involved, without the US, israel would be gone within days and would have been gone long ago.

As soon as the US goes, israel goes with it, they have pissed FAR too many people off!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

One more thing, just let me add that I think it's wonderful that people are comforted by faith.
That being said... if a parent murders or attempts to murder their child and claims "God told me to" (like Abraham), that parent is locked up and likely diagnosed as insane.
So I find it very disturbing that you feel it's quite alright and in fact encourage that foreign policy, (which affects the safety of MY family) be dictated according to the "teachings" of a singular religous concept (the legacy of Abraham and Israels claims of being Gods "chosen") which you believe.
Now think about it.....does that sound sane to you?!?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Originally posted by sos37

Done? Done.

How about Israel stays on the land ARABS gave them in 1967 and stop bulldozing Palestinian homes to expand, and Hamas will stop firing rockets?

3rd

5th

9th

GAVE THEM!?

How about you go get the facts about what happened in 1967 and shortly thereafter before you post?

Gamal Abdel Nasser convinced Arab nationalists to refuse to recognize Israel as a nation or its right to exist back then. Israel took that land you say the Arabs "gave them", including Gaza and the West Bank, following the Six Day War in 1967. Palestine responded with several attacks including the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic games.

Hamas today chooses to spend its money on rockets to attack Israel instead of improving its own infrastructure or feed its own citizens. Remember, the people elected Hamas to power so they have a responsibility to provide for its citizens during extreme times.

And with a name like yours, you couldn't tell that you're anti-Jewish or anything. Go spew your ignorance someplace where people are stupid enough to believe the crap you post.

top topics

join