It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you accept the RFID chip or die in a FEMA camp?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I do believe that the scenario for a World Dictator and a mandatory chip implant worldwide is a distinctly real possibility. With the rapid consolidation of political power globally taking place, and the incredible advances in chip technology, we are apt to see this take place sometime in our lifetimes.

I don't doubt that there will be resisters. But as one earlier post mentioned, with a plague, terrorism, wars, etc., the general public will be clamoring for world stability and will accept the chip as a better alternative to starvation.

How it will actually occur is still yet to be determined. But you only have to look at trends in technology and politics to realize that intense consolidation of political power is occurring at a faster pace than ever, and the technology to implant chips is widely publicized.

It's a bizarre turn of events when it happens, but we are living in the strangest of times right now. I don't know how to say that things are "different" than they have ever been, but I do know we are living in truly extraordinary times where most anything we once thought was impossible is now within the realm of practical reality.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just get the chip... wait another ten years or so for neural implants... wait another ten or so for nanobots and inject those... live forever, end of scarcity economics... singularity...

/thread

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here's the thing: RFID chips would NOT be forced by law. The people would never stand for it.

However, in the event of say, a pandemic, things such as RFID chips, or radio-isotope monitoring systems could easily be placed into an unknowing citizen in the name of a vaccination.

IF (and that's a huge if) that actually happened, the people wouldn't know until it had already happened(much like MKUltra, smallpox vaccines, human drug trials, etc).

I think it is foolish to think that, if(and again, it's a big if) they did want this, they'd come knock on your door, hold you down, and shoot you up.

Aside from that, when you consider that, at least in America, it is ILLEGAL not to carry ID, and within ten years ALL photo ID's will be RFID chipped, it becomes a moot point to actually get them into the people. They'll willingly carry it(many already do, in passports and drivers licenses.)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero
Just get the chip... wait another ten years or so for neural implants... wait another ten or so for nanobots and inject those... live forever, end of scarcity economics... singularity...

/thread

Wait, I'm confused. If people live forever, that will HELP scarcity economics? I fail to see how that will happen...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

We should absolutely give every group of citizens equal rights, I don't know what your definition of a sub group is. It relates because if the majority can will away the rights of a minority, then the majority could eventually be chipped and all to willing to will away our right to stay organic.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

/thread

Wait, I'm confused. If people live forever, that will HELP scarcity economics? I fail to see how that will happen...

When you can convert any form of matter into any other form using energy at no cost... not much of an issue.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

/thread

When you can convert any form of matter into any other form using energy at no cost... not much of an issue.

First off, when what you suggest is even thought to be possible, that may have some merit-but even then, if people aren't dying, that means unlimited population growth. This planet is already at it's breaking point. You think a few billion more people will be no biggie?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Sub group of society - a minority of people who hold the same beliefs.

So we should give everyone equal rights to do whatever they see fit? So if a 40yr old man from NAMBLA wants to marry your 10 year old boy and your son is willing.. they should have the right to do that whether the majority of people agree with it?

I guess your point is if the majority of people want to be chipped then we would all be chipped. I guess that could be true as with the opposite scenario if the majority doesnt want to be chipped then nobody is forced to get chipped.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by maus80

Sub group of society - a minority of people who hold the same beliefs.

So we should give everyone equal rights to do whatever they see fit? So if a 40yr old man from NAMBLA wants to marry your 10 year old boy and your son is willing.. they should have the right to do that whether the majority of people agree with it?

Do you know what equal rights means? It has nothing to do with allowing anyone to do what they want.

Equal rights means that no person has more rights than another. It's that simple.

Sensationalism. It's what's for dinner(apparently).

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Its not sensationalism. Why shouldnt the NAMBLA guy and the 10 year old have equal rights as well. If EVERYONE should have equal rights then the 10 year old should have equal rights as well or its age discrimination. Can you prove they werent born to be in love with each other?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Its not sensationalism. Why shouldnt the NAMBLA guy and the 10 year old have equal rights as well. If EVERYONE should have equal rights then the 10 year old should have equal rights as well or its age discrimination.

Again, go look up equal rights. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT, IN THIS COUNTRY, TO MARRY A TEN YEAR OLD. Equal rights. No one has that right while others dont.

You are absolutely sensationalizing. Either that or you truly have no idea between EQUAL RIGHTS and SPECIAL RIGHTS.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Can you prove they werent born to be in love with each other?

Doesn't matter-it is a shared right in this country that no one can be entered into a legal contract under the age of 18(not to mention statch laws). EQUAL RIGHTS.

Sensationalism. Ignorance.You are falling into one or the other.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The planet is at breaking point not because of the population but because there is no equality in the world and no one cares for the health of the planet.Technologies that could easily be made are not because of large powerful corporations and people who have a monopoly over the world. Fix these things and the world would happily support 30 billion people if need be.Thats a fact.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Fix these things and the world would happily support 30 billion people if need be.Thats a fact.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Solomons]

Link?

If that is a fact, I'd love to see some backing on it.

From all the research I've done, most bioilogists agree that at around 10 billion people, we will be seeing a MASS die-off of species due to the global effect that that many people would have.

Also, you have to consider, if there are 30 billion people on this planet, that means cities MUST expand to accomodate them. At some point, and I'm guessing it would be long before 30 billion, we would eliminate animal habitats. Then the animals begin to die. Then the people begin to die.

While I dont believe the earth would just collapse with more population, you have to consider it as a biosphere, not as a never-ending resource.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

First off, when what you suggest is even thought to be possible, that may have some merit-but even then, if people aren't dying, that means unlimited population growth. This planet is already at it's breaking point. You think a few billion more people will be no biggie?

It is possible at this very moment although it would take an exceedingly long time to create anything of great consequence....
better wait for the self replicating bots, but the tech is making rapid progress. Also do not assume that we will need resources in the amounts that we do now as our biology becomes more efficient. Should we even need to eat (as opposed to having a cybernetic body indistinguishable from a human one even if we choose) oh well! As it is the planet is not at a breaking point at all I don't think, especially considering most people live within 100 miles of the coast and are all squashed together. We just need to be better stewards of the environment until our technology becomes perfected to the point of non pollution... which it will. We will become smarter by carrying computers in our brains in the near future, as well as probably creating strong AI around the same time. As soon as we do that we will be better at becoming smarter etc... creating a faster and faster cycle that is already occuring and has been for millions of years.

Now we could wipe ourselves off the map so that it never occurs, but that is doubtful... but RFID is pretty benign. RFID is already getting obsolete! lol

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Bravo! I have rarely seen the issue of equal (not special) rights explained so clearly. Star for you.

As for the question at hand. I would do what it took to keep my wife alive until the insulin ran out. After that, I would vacate the premises.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No one in this country had a right to marry someone of the same sex 5 years ago either.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No one in this country had a right to marry someone of the same sex 5 years ago either.

So what's your point? Am I here arguing for same sex marriage? Nope-try again.

I notice you completely dropped your NAMBLA argument though.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

My point is that laws change. So just because a 10 year old cant enter a marriage now doesnt mean it cant be made legal just like same sex marriage. That is why they shouldnt allow redifinition of marriage at all, because then it opens it up to any odd marriage configuration, like my NAMBLA example. There you go I didnt drop it. Are you happy now?

What the hell any of this had to do with a chip...I have no idea. Unless, you are trying to make a case for chipping all the gay marriage partiipants or sending them to FEMA camps you mischievious little devil.

Edit to add on more crap and to change my spelling and to add comments of why I edidted it so I dont get accused of changing my posts again by some anal retentive person.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

"However, in the event of say, a pandemic, things such as RFID chips, or radio-isotope monitoring systems could easily be placed into an unknowing citizen in the name of a vaccination."

Rats! You beat me to it. Gonna say it anyways.
. Where is everyone getting the idea that we'll be told we're recieving the RFID chip? We have flu clinics every year, who's to say that some time you don't get something extra? Every six months at work we have to get TB shots who's to say they don't put something extra in them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join