It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Thought Experiment - UFO Watch on 31st May at 9pm GMT, 4pm EST [Feel Free To Take Part]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Im in, im going to sit on my roof, its in a big city so the light will not be optimal but ill keep my hd cam and pentax near me:-)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well too bad we don't know if it's going to be at 9 pm or 10 pm GMT. Even though the topic title states that it's 9 PM, it wouldn't be 4pm EST for me.

Confusing; but may as well try for both hours.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
as I'm in the states at the moment, it will be 2PM here... hope the day clears up a bit..

all in all I'll be sending me thoughts at 2PM..how long are we doing this for?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrph
Well too bad we don't know if it's going to be at 9 pm or 10 pm GMT. Even though the topic title states that it's 9 PM, it wouldn't be 4pm EST for me.

Confusing; but may as well try for both hours.

Ok I missed this as well. It is 10pm GMT or 9pm GMT?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
9pm GMT, 1pm PST
GMT Converter : wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...

Few hours to go, take some vitamin C, start thinking happy thoughts now. Get all warm and fuzzy, etc. And at 9 pm GMT use your intent to start asking for the show to begin.

I'm not a believer in this stuff, but what the hell, I don't have anything else to do right now.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
9pm GMT, 1pm PST
GMT Converter : wwp.greenwichmeantime.com...

Few hours to go, take some vitamin C, start thinking happy thoughts now. Get all warm and fuzzy, etc. And at 9 pm GMT use your intent to start asking for the show to begin.

I'm not a believer in this stuff, but what the hell, I don't have anything else to do right now.

Thanks a lot, if it wasn't for you I would have started to film one hour too soon.
Readers from Central Europe, don't forget Summer and Winter Time, it's a 2 Hour difference with GMT, not 1 Hour!!!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
London (U.K. - England) Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 9:00:00 PM UTC+1 hour BST
Dallas (U.S.A. - Texas) Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 3:00:00 PM UTC-5 hours CDT
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 20:00:00

This conversion came from World Time Clock. This is correct as far as I know. I posted the whole conversion but it was confusing for some. If you are in the States this will be easty to figure for you. We've got a couple of hours to prepare. Think positive!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I mentioned this experiment to a couple of people, who were at the UFO conference I was at today. So hopefully we'll have a few more minds on the case.

1 hour 40 minutes and counting

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How I got my conversion was to use the OP's time reference. 9pm in London. Here's why.

People who use the Meeting Planner or The World Clock – Time Zone Converter to check time differences between cities in the United Kingdom and in other countries are advised to use London (or another major city in the United Kingdom) instead of GMT as a point of reference during the daylight saving schedule. This method helps people obtain accurate information on time differences when planning meetings or calling friends and families from overseas.
The World Clock also displays the correct time zones for cities in the United Kingdom that follow BST during the daylight saving period.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
1 hour and 35 minutes to go here in Dallas Tx. I've got to start prepareing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I read this the other day and forgot about it until now! It's 2:30 here. I will have to go outside at 4! I stumbled across this in another post somehow.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Weather absolutely perfect in UK for a change. At least we'll have a chance at seeing something

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Were starting to get afternoon thunderheads building up in the West. Maybe they won't converge and rain me out. It's still going to be completely sunny here unless it clouds up. I live in Lavon TX right next to Lake Lavon in North Central TX outside Dallas about 30 miles. I'm going to be setting up in a field in the middle of nowhere about 7 miles from my house. Hope we hve contact. I have soooo many questions!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That's absolutely correct.

I am off the Georgia coast and I'll be watching and sending my thoughts at 4PM also.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Are you guys and gals getting ready???
Second line! (I'll take the hit for this one!)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by DataCorrupt

I would say it's pretty simple really. It's a few minutes spent starring at the sky. There are far worse things in the world and in the end it's actually quite fun and relaxing. I doubt anyone will spot anything but ask yourself, what if they do? What if they do and have a camera in hand? Wouldn't that be interesting?

Absolutely!! I agree with that sentiment 100%! I would love if I saw something, but if I don't, (which is very likely IMHO,) I would be psyched if someone else does.

Not only did my boyfriend want to do this, but him mom, auntie, and grandma are joining us to give it try!! Only an hour and 5 mins.in the mid-lands to go...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by sugarmonkey]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
im ready and raring to go
got one of my best friends to join me, mentioned it to loads of people so heres hopin they give it a go

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok so I am In.

Now I suppose my time in the Midwest USA Mo. will be at 3pm correct? Now what is it I am suppose to say again? lol JK.

Got my BB ready to capture anything unusual. i am SOoooo tired right now which sometimes means something but usually not to me. I'll go take a shower and try to freshen up for contact.

I dont usually sleep during the day but feel strongly like going to take a nappie.

Oh I had no idea how difficult this was going to be. I feel tired and a pressure on the right temple area????

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

My best daytime close up UFO encounter was during and after a huge thunderstorm, look towards the base of the clouds.

If you have not yet been attuned to seeing a different density, try soft focusing and relaxing your mind. Dont look with your mind instead with your awareness.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've been telling people about this since the post first started, hopefully people who say they are going to do this really do!

has anyone decided how long we are sending our thoughts for?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join