It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Thought Experiment - UFO Watch on 31st May at 9pm GMT, 4pm EST [Feel Free To Take Part]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by judoka

It's a good idea, and I'm still in, but can I suggest we practice these thought experiments often and regular and that the next one could be slightly less ambitious and a little more "down to Earth"?

I am with you on this. I think the general idea is great but I believe it could pose a problem for those who wish to participate that aren't necessarily believers in ET phenomena. My suggestion was a group heal or something of that nature, where personal philosophies wouldn't be a factor. It's certainly worth a shot though and I will be participating. Personally, I am less hopeful to see results as I would have been if we were doing something a little more generic...lol

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm so up for this, could be fun, even if nothing happens - but hoping with every atom that something cool will!

It's just an amazing thought that at one point in time, all over the world, there will be people thinking the same thought at once. And it doesn't even matter which language you think in, all thoughts are just sentimentalities and ideas - there is no language as far as though is concerned.

Should be great!

Oh p.s, grab cameras etc - just in case!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ELPESADOR,

lmfao this is just as useless as sitting on xmas and telling everyone to go outside and get a video of santa

It's this type of thought pattern that prevents YOU from awakening your true potential. I can't say I'm sorry that the mods helped you find your way to the exit. I'm not sure you would have liked liked it here, but I hope you felt the light during your brief visit.

_Phoenix_

But we must also remember thoughts CREATE actions, so this kind of thing may get more people interested, creating more chance of people spotting something.

You are right in two ways. the first and most obvious simple mathmatical odds. More eyes on the sky, and from around the world at that, simply equals more chances to see something.

The less obvious is what I personally believe. The universe is consciousness, and we are consciousness conductors. Similar to the idea of mass consciousness the observer effect is profound in our understanding of reality. The idea that this experment could manifest a siteing is absolutley real, and I love this experiment. I also think that we should not be discouraged if we don't immediately see the enterprize. conciousness manifests based on thought and thought patterns. It might not happen simply by wishing it and having it immediately appear, yet. If you understand 2012 and timewave zero then you know that as we approach zero point the whole of everything repeats in a tighter and tighter frequency, meaning less and less time from consciousness responce to actual manifestation.

If you are interested in a good explanation of what I am saying, have a look.

Try not to go outside and "hope" try to KNOW that they are out there. Go with the full realization that even if you are not seeing a UFO your conscious thought is influencing the manifestation viewable by someone on the other side of earth.

There are so many possibilities it could be that aliens will hear our collectively amplified conscious calling and grant us our need to view them in material terms.

This is great and I think we should try and grow it and make it a recurring event, mabey rotating times for the benefits of scheduals around the world.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Now I think that's a very good idea!
Could potentially help the focus of others.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well cant wait for that day to come at least 1 of us will see a ufo that is probably one of the best ideas ive heard. I hope i see 1 but if i do i can capture it on my cell and no i dont have a video camera and dont ask me to buy one i dont got the money homes. well for anyone who has seen 1 which i have and can be a rush if its cool looking.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Though I'd rather focus on feeling a world at peace to create such an end, I am of the opinion that mankind needs an ego check in order to get back into balance and nothing would serve to humble our species more than finding out that there is/are race(s) of beings that exist with greater mental and technological capacities than we have.

Though the UFO hot spot map found elsewhere on this site shows that UFO's tend to steer clear of downstate NY, I'll keep an eye out and a warm thought in my "Tube of Taurus" to help the process along.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Good point about thinking on this prior to the event as we don't manifest our intentions immediately.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I will definitely participate - where I live, in Worthing UK, there is a UFO / paranormal triangle where all sorts of odd things have been sighted over the years - it links Chanctonbury Ring to Clapham Wood.

en.wikipedia.org...

Although I haven't lived here long I've had one sighting already - 13 glowing red objects were seen by some of my friends travelling in formation across the sky headed towards Clapham Wood. The friend who told me about it is an arch skeptic, but it left a big impression on him. Two nights later at about the same time I saw just one of them flying in an arc in the other direction. It was like a glowing red star, but much bigger than a plane or a star. There are planes flying over all the time here so I know what they look like. This thing looked like it was on fire.

So, yeah, I will join in with this and let's see if they will come back. Good luck everyone!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by akkad]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been able to reply to any posts, I've been doing 18 hour days on a film set at the moment which is a long way from my home but I've been reading some of the reponses and I must admit I'm blown away by the positivity of everyone's reply, so well done to all of you.

Just one thing to add and that is check your local time against 9pm GMT at World Clock

So fingers crossed and mindset switched to open ready for the 31st May.

They're out there so lets proove it to ourselves, as I would give greater credibility to an ATS sighting over any other!!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
count me in Belgium east-flanders

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, first of all, newbie here. This is my first post. So i'm sorry if i say something stupid here. : ]
Second, sorry about my english. It's not my first language (i'm brazilian).

Hmm, about this thread...

I'm going to be honest here. I'm not sure if we all send our thoughts at the same time something different would happen. I'm kind of skeptic about this kind of thing.

But i'm definitely going to be looking up, with my camera ready, trying to find something different on the skies. I'm at São Paulo state, Brazil.

I don't know if anyone has already made this question, but this kind of thing has ever been done before?

And another thing. This could be done monthly, or once every two months. Why make only once.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Canslli]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Canslli]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

If there's only a very slight possibility of it working, why wouldn't you want to try it anyway? What bad could come out of just trying?
And this isn't the only time we're going to do this, this is just the first one.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry to say it will be 4:00 in the afternoon here in Florida, prime thunderstorm time around here.
If it doesn't rain, I'm usually in the veg garden tending the crops.
I can see it now, 4:00 comes around, I freeze and stare into the sky, my neighbors call the Paramedics, and I get dragged off to the hospital screaming about how they can't take me, the mothership hasn't arrived yet. Tremendous!
Count me in, even if it rains, I can sit in the garage looking north.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
S&F glad to see this idea is getting a lot of traction. We should make it a regular thing, perhaps one time we could wish for another pretzel for Bush!

I'm in.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm from south of Brazil and we will participate.

For us it will be 18:00 hs to 18:30 hs

Good idea!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just a note.

None of us have once mentioned, what are we to ask those who take their time to see us. Back in the days, when people summoned "angels & demons" they atleast had a request of a sort, not just to exploit them to prove debunkers they exist..

Hopefully we realize our self-satisfaction will prove enough. and with their permission, we can ask to bring people towards their circle of those who wish to be enlightened and to serve a purpose greater than what society has given us. But let us concern ourself for their safety as well.. if this leaks to the government, they will be pissed and want to "re-educate u" we should be as discreet, and speak in code, like they did back in the days.

i dont know if i can solicit a site here.., theres a free site called Meetup.com where u can set up free groups (or charge to pay for expenses). I want to do a seminar where we create a new language and culture... a new age. a leaderless society. a family of brothers and sisters.

I study arts Occult and Ancient. which for personal reasons i hold secret.. but wish one day, everyone can become a part of.

Magic symbols relate very close to crop circles and are used to summon "angel & demons" hopefully we can see if portraiying this symbols along withother rituals such as reading from bibles and qurans may help.

DO NOT waste their time. or they will erase your memory. Ask of them, what they can offer.. and to make you a better cause to this planet... accept the fact that u may under their influence... but a blind mouse would rather follow another blind mouse? an owl? or a scientist capable of teaching and truly re-educating to serve a better purpose.

Debunkers, when the day does come, ask for forgiveness of your misbeliefs, that you did not trust the toungue of man,

the BIBLE (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) is a tool not meant for the church.. but for personal power.. it had to be written at the point where no one would follow its orders as intended, to keep away government intervention.

People who are strick in just believing Religion and Aliens are seperate. Do not. Do not deny that these Beings made us, like our father grant us our request on the agreement that u obey wisely their rules, these scientist wish to see us progress, but will not obey their rude children who wish only to exploit and live in sin.

IF WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NOT A PRAYER, then what is it? I AM NOT a christian. nor do i condone their ignorant acts of blind leading and cultist attitudes, imposing their beliefs on others. but mind you, these prayers are ment for communication! check out these links

www.discipleshiplibrary.com...

www.discipleshiplibrary.com...

I recommend these Psalms (have a bile handy because im running out of text)

Psalm 2, 4, 5, 40, 63

Read these Links

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

JUST read content 6 & 7

en.wikipedia.org...(paranormal)#Rituals

THIS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Whatever knowledge of symbols or crops cricles u kno.. make them,.. research which ones u can summon

This are examples of egyptian proverbs, have this faith, and belif in mind

en.wikipedia.org...

(do not request acts against their beliefs, dont ask for money, dont ask for destruction, nor even to be interviewed, believe in the ancient proverbs, and bleive that is the way u wish to have your mentality, ask for forgiveness for not being a perfect human being)

Read the Bible, read the Quran, read what ever you can find. Read books on High Magick

the Bible isn't ignorant, Religion isn't ignorant. But the people who blindly follow what they dont know.. are

I hope my suggestions are more useful than debunkable

and that they can help u lead to a conclusion

thx4patience

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hi all.

Is it possible to have a list with how many countries/cities that can be updated regularly. And how many individuals we are going to be.
Count 1 or 2 for me.

Maybe also the times.

Brazil 18:00 hs to 18:30 hs

Sweden 02:00-02:30 perfect weather conditions for this in northern sweden by the way.
And so on..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
datacorrupt you need not worry as we are already socially outcast enough to be left alone. we pose no threat to the establishment and so they leave well enough alone. You make it sound like a secret mission which it is anything but.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
its not that it is a secret mission. but we must ask ourselves... why do we want to see the unknown? just because it is a hobby?... its very vain if you ask me... not that im trying to be rude or anything, but it must be stressed to ask, are they REALLY just going to appear just to give you guys a quick 5 minute show, no questions asked? they would have been done it ages ago when everyone wanted to see out of curiosity..

Scenario.. one guy by a hill alone in the woods, sitting in a picnic chair with a camera and some burgers and a radio to pass the time... right when its time to perform said experiment, he focuses his mind.. now the UFOS decide to appear ... They wonder? why has he called us here? is his request only to record us?

Im just saying it would be better and appropriate to lay a crop symbol with candles, or or christmas lights whatever, enough space for them to land, an offering of somehting sentimental (gold, minerals, salt, even a drawing) in case necessary, cameras off until they may approve such a request, dress appropriately im pretty sure reeking of B.O and potato chips wont really please them, ask appropriate questions and respect their power, and do not be baffled in their presence

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
oh and another thing, if your really thinking in your mind "wow i cant wait to put this on ATS", is that really going to tempt them to come? as much as you try not to think about it, its still going to be in the back of your mind right where your Crown Chakra lies, the Chakra of Communication with supernatural Entities.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Sorry to say it will be 4:00 in the afternoon here in Florida, prime thunderstorm time around here.
If it doesn't rain, I'm usually in the veg garden tending the crops.
I can see it now, 4:00 comes around, I freeze and stare into the sky, my neighbors call the Paramedics, and I get dragged off to the hospital screaming about how they can't take me, the mothership hasn't arrived yet. Tremendous!
Count me in, even if it rains, I can sit in the garage looking north.

But will it not be 5pm in Florida (not 4pm) - as Florida is now on EDT (Daylight Saving) not EST ?

This is why I posted earlier, as I am sure some people will be getting confused (in the UK at least) between GMT and BST (Bristish Summer Time) which is what we are in now - 1 hour ahead of GMT - making the event happen at 10pm local UK time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join