It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning- Bond Dislocation in Progress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Count me in! Don't expect me on the pole though. I'll bring the soundtrack from my space ( I like it ) lol

Just doesn't seem too pretty with what's going on with the world. It really feels as though people are asleep at the wheel.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
With the dislocation, 3rd wave of home mortgage defaults and the coming dive bombing of commercial mortgage defaults, oh yeah and the fantasy island they use to keep property values from plunging completely such as holding 70% off the market, and let's see...
Ah yes..the ongoing refusal of the treasury and their regulators to enforce mandated law regarding the BS pilfering of firms and not bitch slapping banks before insolvency...way too late now....

This is going to be one hell of a thing.

If Congress was not so badly compromised, maybe they would have repealed the Federal Reserve act rather than seagal and the safety nets a more competent Congress set up before these clowns left the circus to chase their tails and call it responsibility.

Just as the S & L was a small test run for the big haul today, all of these domestic usurpers might as well take that knife they manipulated to the throat of America and strike the killing blow.

But then again, I see why they froth at the mouth while we skwirm..
Misery loves company...

edit to add:
I will bring the crisco....
that way when the water is shut off, we can still slip and slide

[edit on 28-5-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Goodbye Malls! Goodbye retail! Goodbye affordability! Goodbye America! Once retail finds itself collapsing, people might just decide they have had enough of the double-speak bull crap, maybe not. Either way, its more than likely too late anyway. Heavy sigh.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wow, that last third of the first chart looks like a text-book example of a five wave Elliott Wave. Cool!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Before everyone goes off to slip n slide wait for me!!! I have a few debts to pay off i should be done soon.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws.
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Well played sir, well played

Everything and I mean everything, is so intertwined in this money scam that it will take nothing short of a complete overhaul (revolution?) to rid ourselves of the control held by the bankers and their systems.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

They are calling for a high opening today. Ummm what am i missing?

It is not about the DOW. In fact, do not even pay attention to what the DOW Does. It is only an index of 30 companies, not a good indicator of anything. Pay no attention to the Nasdaq either, it doesn't have financials. If you're thinking stocks, watch the S&P 500, that is the market. It's got it all. In short, technical analysis is far more accurate if based off of historical charts from the S&P, when you are going for broad indicators.

But we are not talking about The S&P, or the DOW. What we are talking about my friend, is something much, much more dangerous than a mere stock market collapse. The Bond Market, the Dollar. It is the Sword of Damocles, and good ol' "Angel of Doom" Karl Denninger thinks that it has been dropped.

Imagine all imports costing 10 times as much as they do now. Imagine food prices spiking. A loaf of bread costs 20 bucks, a gallon of milk, 25. How long could you keep up? A gallon of gas 10 bucks. And they continue to rise every day.

With an economy this size, I doubt it will all happen at once. But just remember. One day you will wake up and there just simply will not be enough money. One evening the entire middle class will go to sleep, bellies full, blankets warm. And they will wake up the next morning, hungry, unemployed, and no longer able to afford simple items at the grocery store.

This is the predictable and historical outcome of every single paper currency that has ever existed. The Dollar will die, because the Dollar was born. Brought to it's grave by our Government, and buried by our hands. It is inevitable. It's as simple as that.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by aravoth]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You're totally correct. Giving vouchers to people to buy new cars would have been better than a bailout of a car company. For that matter they could sell every car in a month by saying no money down and "If we go out of business in a year, you can keep the car for free."

My big brother's mortgage was sold to Bank of America for 10 cents on the dollar from Beare Sterns. Then BOA turned around and forclosed on him wanting 100% of the value and this was AFTER BOA got the billions in bailout money. Why didn't the government just let my brother pay the 26K so he could keep the house?

The reality is that ALL of the bailout money has ended up in the personal bank accounts of all of the Yale schoolmates of the powers that be - the elite, and until this country is ready to storm the Hamptons and raid the banks we will never ever see a dime of it - but for generations we will pay to keep the wealthy living in the lap of luxury.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hmmm...
Yet here we stand a day after the sky has fell and doom and gloom has ruled a loaf on this thread...
I guess it's not as bad as thought...?
Nothing is going to happen...just like when everyone was screaming that if we don't save the auto industry america will crumble...Well guess what we did save them at the tune of about 38-40 billion dollars and guess what...They are going to file and all our tax money has just been used as the biggest pay off to a private company.
And guess what GM is still going to be GM....Dodge is still going to be Dodge...
Stop all the doom and gloom this is called a market adjustment is happens every 15 years. It's the Green bonds time to make millions before that sector will bubble and another one will rise...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

im coming now!

the corners full? aw phooey

=\ ill just drink it all away and make my brain an etch-a-sketch.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would like to throw in another perspective on all this witchcraft. The banksters have been loaning out money that did not exist, for decades. The massive inflation we saw during the 70s was almost solely caused by the banksters, and the govt. printing was negligible. We have currently had many trillions of dollars evaporate, that we had already chalked up to inflation. Now, our Illegal Alien in Washington is churning out the money. But how close is he to countering the trillions lost? Not even close. We will see deflation for many more years. Yes, we are about to see a new wave of foreclosures and bankruptcys that will look like a new depression, making today seem like the good times. The housing market is not even close to bottom yet. How will this affect the rest of the world? Who will buy their goods? They are already hurting worse than us, with a few notable exceptions, and they will be hurt more once again. Many farsighted people are stockpiling food, guns, amo, and silver coins. If you have any faith or confidence in the American people, then you would have to also believe that there will be blood spilt, and soon...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Crisco sounds like a plan!

Did I just read this am that 1 in 8 homeowners are either in default or forclosure???

Can't find damn article but I think that was the statistic.

Won't take much more for the Big Bad Wolves to blow the house down.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Must have missed something...I was busy with the slip-n-slide and working on that beer....

Irishchic...this one?

Modifying nontraditional mortgages will succeed for many people, but most such modifications will end up in default within a year, a major ratings company predicts.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We often hear talk about rising up if and when the government gets out of hand, but I say, the root of our evils is the bankers moreso than any other. We need financial reform. We need to rise up against the financial system. No more. It's out of control and we shouldn't stand for it anymore.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think this was it:

About 12% of US Homeowners Late Paying or Foreclosed:

www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - One of eight U.S. households with a mortgage ended the first quarter late on loan payments or in the foreclosure process in a crisis that will persist for at least another year until unemployment peaks, the Mortgage Bankers Association said on Thursday.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

12% of the population....

lets see theres 306,532,134 people in the US right now (not counting the illegals)
www.census.gov...

25,544,344.5 will be homeless and/or in trouble

that is some scary shizzle

25 million pissed off people....can wreak havoc

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just want to point out that I called it.

A) Report with dissmal news came out that there were 623,000 people applying for unemployment.

B) It was less dissmal than analyst's estimates of 635,000 new claims.

C) market ralies 100 points.

Ask those 623,000 people how great the economy is and how confident they are.

As for the Bonds, check this out:

Robust demand at an auction for Treasury debt also eased fears that the government would have to pay higher interest rates to entice buyers.

Associated Press

[edit on 28-5-2009 by finemanm]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And the fact that the Mortgage Market Has Locked Up isn't going to help those foreclosures at all.

Next week we have a HUGE amount of short end auctions yet again, as well as the 10 & 30 yrs.

We are seeing fairly strong numbers of indirect bidders for the short ends, but I don't expect to see that kind of enthusiasm for the 30's.

Our debt holders are unloading the long term debt and converting over to short term debt. When these T's mature (as a boatload are fixing to do already) and there is no way to redeem them, that's when TSHTF for real!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In a week Im coming back and nothing will have changed...And a week after that I'm coming back and nothing will have changed...and the week after and the week after...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen when people get that false sense that prosperity is back and leave the safety of Government Treasures and Bonds like Vanguard.

I assume it will leave a gaping hole in the Treasuries and the bubble will Burst. We could also see a Bond bubble burst.

People must understand this will be considered a Depression By next year. We are nowhere near the bottom of the Great Recession yet.

We could easily see 20-25% annual inflation. This will lead to hyperinflation in 3 years, were this to happen.

I was alarmed by that chart. It took a nose dive straight down. I'm thinking any short sellers are shorting GM until Monday.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join