It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: We're Seeing Results From Stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Obama: We're Seeing Results From Stimulus

www.cbsnews.com

One hundred days after he signed the $787 billion economic stimulus package, President Obama lauded the impact of the bill during a speech

He announced funding for two new stimulus programs, one for solar energy technologies and another for developing the use of geothermal energy.

He also argued that "we have carved out a path toward progress," adding that said progress "happens slowly, in fits and starts, but it always happens surely when we are dedicated to bringing about change."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul on CNN American Morning 5/27/09

As Dr. Paul states above he is contradicting himself over and over again and now in the article posted in this thread.

1) We have money for proven failed strategies during the great depression like stimulus packages

2) We have money to fund business that are bound to fail

3) We have money to increase military budget by 11%, higher than my predecessor to fund undeclared wars stimulated by propoganda and scare tactics

4) America, We have no money for YOU!

If anyone saw his C-Span interview here:

He says we are out of money

Translation: No money for YOU.... ALOT of them for THEM

We will NEVER see solar energy there is no doubt about this
the good things that he now wants to fund with more stimulus packages are never going to see the light of day

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How on earth could we be seeing 'results from the Stimulus' when most of the money hasn't even been spent yet?

I'd say this is a BS alert if I ever heard it!

Oh .. and ya' just gotta' love Dr. Ron Paul.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Great info...to pay for this stimulas, our Government will soon implement a new tax called, the Added Value Tax. Yes, a 25% tax added to every item we buy and nothing will be excluded! S&F my friend

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yeah because this is showing results right...?

Federal tax revenue plunged $138 billion, or 34%, in April vs. a year ago — the biggest April drop since 1981, a study released Tuesday by the American Institute for Economic Research says.

When the economy slumps, so does tax revenue, and this recession has been no different, says Kerry Lynch, senior fellow at the AIER and author of the study. "It illustrates how severe the recession has been."

For example, 6 million people lost jobs in the 12 months ended in April — and that means far fewer dollars from income taxes. Income tax revenue dropped 44% from a year ago.

Uh huh, totally working.
usatoday.com

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From the op's source

The president argued that the bill "has helped to fuel demand that is helping businesses put more Americans back to work" and said it has already saved or created nearly 150,000 jobs.

I work in Adult Education and help umemployed workers improve their basic skills. We are being overwhelmed. In my area there are no jobs being created, but we do have more people joining the unemployment line.

I find it interesting that he brags about the 150,000 jobs being saved or created but says little about the millions who are unemployed.

The number of unemployed persons increased by 563,000 to 13.7 million in
April, and the unemployment rate rose to 8.9 percent. Over the past 12 months,
the number of unemployed persons has risen by 6.0 million, and the unemployment
rate has grown by 3.9 percentage points. (See table A-1.)

www.bls.gov...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not questioning the OP but The President.

I thought I heard on here somewhere or in the News, that we would see a turn up but inevitably a huge turndown, as of right now, the Stocks Rally from yesterday has become null by the turndown today.

It really just seems to go the same up and the same down.

I think this is more, talk, talk it up, talk it up.

You can continously say that your car is the best car on earth, and people will start to think so too! In the end your car is well just a POS. Which will be found out sooner or later.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wasn't this bill going to help save or create a few millions jobs?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

One hundred days after he signed the $9 Trillion economic stimulus package, President Obama lauded the impact of the bill during a speech

Bold added by me.

Hey man you messed up there, its 9 trillion not 700 billion.. where did that number come from.

Ok so I fudged a number there.. actual is...

Link
Total price tag so far: $7.2 trillion in investment and loans. That puts a lot of taxpayer money at risk. Now comes President-elect Barack Obama's economic stimulus plan, some details of which were made public on Monday. The tally is getting awfully close to $8 trillion.

kill me for 1.8 tril..

[edit Forgot link]

[edit on 5/27/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Now that our chief thinks things are slowly getting better, an audit of the FED would really help our smelly economy.

top topics

join