It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was American Idol rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
First, I hate the show. I have never seen the show, besides the first two episodes in the first season. I'm not even sure who the contestants are, except for that chick in the bikini. But I am wondering if this last season the voting was rigged.

The New York Times is reporting that American Idol's Kris Allen may have had a little help from AT&T, one of the Fox show's biggest corporate sponsors, in winning this year.

According to the Times, AT&T provided phones for free text-messaging services at two Allen parties in Arkansas on the night of the finals. Citing sources, The Times reports that AT&T reps showed party-goers how to "power text" -- cast 10 votes at the touch of a button -- which violates show rules.

Power texts, according to the Times, "have an exponentially greater effect on voting than do single text messages or calls to the shows toll-free phone lines."

No similar efforts appear to have been made

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

So AT&T sets up shop in Arkansas hands people phones where they can "power text", allowing the to vote ten times at once.

So how many votes came from Arkansas? How about 38 million out of 100 million total votes.

"One of my facebook friends posted a comment after Allen won saying that AT&T had disclosed that 38,000,000 votes came out of Arkansas last night.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
source

People that tried to call in their votes couldn't get through.

I voted three times this season: Once for Anoop Desai, once for Kris Allen and once last night for Adam Lambert. (I tried to vote at least 10 more times for Adam, but couldn't get through. I thought that was a good sign.

People were allowed to vote 10 times through power texting, and people who called in their votes couldn't get through. I hate the show, I don't care who won. I just want to point out that the results are shady.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by testrat]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion

Here

Thanks

Closed.

join