It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Sorry Mods, just struck a nerve, no regrets, if they read it, well worth the 500 pt penalty

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I doubt that anyone actually read your post...

The whole story is baseless now... it wasn't even Kindreds decision to remove it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now let's continue the topic without the personal, off topic jargon.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

LOL, I read it. But I still felt that in a way my post was still relevant,lol.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This thread is a horrific reflection of how sad some folks lives are. Several in this thread have the following lives which equate to clutching their:

-guns
-flag
-jesus

That's about it really, that is all they are. What a bunch of sheep.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
So none of you people who think this is an outrage can agree that a 5X3 flag is a bit much for an office space??? Really?? Your patriotic, I get it! But that it huge, I'm guess the flag I have is 2X1.5 and it is plenty big, putting a flag up is making a point, no need to celebrate.

I think for rememberance day I will go around with a poppy the size of a dinner plate.

I agree with you. I am a patriotic American but like you have mentioned this is a shared work space at a private company. I understand it was the American flag but something that big would be a huge eye sore in a small office, not because the flag is an eyesore but just the idea of anything that big being hung would be a little over the line.

What if I decided to hang a 24"x36" framed family photo? That would be inappropriate in a shared office. If I was in my own personal office fine but int a shared office that would cross the line. Would it be ok for me to get up in arms if someone asked me to take it down. I dont think so. Patriotism is great and all but there is a common respect for others when you work in a shared work area.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I respectfully disagree. Although I was not one who grouped those things together, your comment can also be given a reverse perspective:

Guns. Something our forefathers recognized as being crucial to freedom because it empowers the people to rebel against tyranny. Hence, not sheeple.

Flag. Because some people still have pride in what this country can be or ought to be and they realize the flag is representative of that. As in, they didn't follow the politically correct brainwashing to influence them into thinking we should be ashamed of our national identity or to apologize for it. Hence, not sheeple.

Jesus [Or Religion in General]. Governments recognize the fact most of their citizens will place their faith at the top of their priorities. God before country, in other words. They know their citizens have a power they cannot touch and that the government plays second fiddle. Hence, not sheeple.

Better than being a NWO puppet who is ashamed of your national sovereignty, hands over your guns for a teddy bear, and who the highest power they believe in is the government.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is crazy. I was upset when I heard this on the news (I live in Ft. Worth), but I didn't think that it would cause this much of a fit in people.

I also find it incredibly sad that several people assumed that the offended person was from Mexico, when the article clearly states Africa. I know its Texas, but come on. Not all people who are offended by anything American are Mexicans.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Amazing post AshleyD thanks and you have been star'd! I agree 1,000 percent!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by USamf

Excuse me, but it would seem that it is you who doesn't read the links

Here from the article....

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

cbs11tv.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

By all means support people's right to display a flag, just recognise that it doesn't actually represent what you think it does anymore.

I don't believe that is a true statement. The flag may not represent the same thing to you that it does to me, and it may not represent the same thing to me that it does to my neighbor. It may represent something totally different to a natural born citizen than what it does to an immigrant from a war torn, or oppressive country. The flag can represent many different things to many different people.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Be proud of your country! Who cares what the rules are - a flag in the air STAYS in the air!

The person who runs the business cares for the rules, without rules you have anarcy, if you don't care for the rules, whats next???

[edit on 28-5-2009 by stereovoyaged]

Ooookay...

Yes, an American flag in the air in an American office in America IS very anarchist... Joker complex much?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sorry, but if an immigrant finds the display of an American flag to be offensive, especially for Memorial Day, then why the Heck are they here in the first place? GO HOME! If we offend you so much then go back where you came from. Why are you here? For financial gain without giving a Tinker's Damn about the country you are profiting from? If that is the case then I think that most Americans wouldn't want that person here, and that person has no automatic right to be here.

"I want to live in America and share in all the benefits and rights there, but am offended by what America means and its symbols."? GET OUT! IF THAT IS YOUR ATTITUDE THEN WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

Why is this person who complained still employed there, let alone still living in this country?

What have we come to in this country?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Ok, OK, without trying to become the most hated person on this site. I think all your American patriotism is great, I dindt' know you were ACTUALLY like that, I thought it was just a TV thing. But, your all missing the point that they said it was becasue of the size of the flag, not the flag itself.

But, I read one person saying they were screaming at their radio and people foaming at the mouths, really , with all thats going on in your country, THIS is what outrages you to the point of a foaming mouth??
a 3X5 flag wouldnt go over well in my cubicle either, perhaps it was in someones way, cooler heads people, COOLER HEADS

I agree totally with you. Maybe they have some rules about size of decoration in this particular place?
I know for example, that in some gated communities, they have limits on the size of flags that can be hanged outside of the houses.
I see absolutely no problem with it.

So...I would like to ask all of you patriots....what do you think of toilet paper decorated with the old red white and blue? Is that offensive or are you just getting a freedom butt-wiping? I find that much more offensive. But that's just my own opinioin.

Star for you!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by New Lanark Boy
Why do Americans feel the need to fly the flag quite so much ?

I can't think of another country, off the top of my head, where people drape themselves in their national flags to the same extent as in the USA. Why the need to persistently prove how patriotic or loyal you are ? To me that smacks of total insecurity about who you are and what your nation represents.

To me it seems that it has been a very successful trademark, through years and years of intelligent advertising and marketing the Flag © and Freedom ©. Look at it, it's all on tons of products, from shot glasses to condom wrappers. How else would you brainwash the majority of the population?

Without it, it screams of insecurity. I agree with you> No other country is so in-your-face about how great and free they are. Lots of countries are free but you never hear them saying "oh look at our freedoms, we are super free..." They just go about their business because they already have a consolidated identity.

Oh, and the forefathers thing is kinda new as well, a new ingredient to the mix....it's been a few years since suddenly every pundit on TV has something to say about the Forefathers....and one more thing, has anyone noticed that before, people would refer to the American population simply as "Americans@, but from GW Bush's era onward it is suddenly "The American People". I found it curiously interesting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

I don't believe that is a true statement. The flag may not represent the same thing to you that it does to me, and it may not represent the same thing to me that it does to my neighbor. It may represent something totally different to a natural born citizen than what it does to an immigrant from a war torn, or oppressive country. The flag can represent many different things to many different people.

True enough but the poster I was replying to said that for them the flag represented the Constitution and the Founding Fathers' vision. However, the Constitution is in tatters and the vision has been obscured which means the flag can now only represent an ideal or a memory.

The point I was trying to get across is that it is the things the flag represents that are important, not the flag itself. It appears from the outside that people in the US are attaching too much importance to the symbol.

You now have a country where flag waving is (generally) encouraged but where people who talk about upholding the Constitution are seen as potential terrorists by your government.

Rather than protecting the amazing and unparalleled set of rules that promote justice and human rights that is the US Constitution people would rather wave a flag and get sucked into a 'them and us' mentality. All while their leaders systematically destroy the very things that flag is supposed to stand for.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think it was a misunderstanding, Im pretty sure no one was against our flag.. But in work environments, managers get so stressed, they just do things out of spite sometimes, and want things done their way, with their permission first..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I agree with you. I am a patriotic American but like you have mentioned this is a shared work space at a private company. I understand it was the American flag but something that big would be a huge eye sore in a small office

What if she decided to wear clothes that had the American Flag on them? Probably larger than 3" x 5", huh?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Patriotism should be a private thing, do it in your own home.

Flags symbolize the separation of mankind and the earth, symbolizes war,corruption and isolation from the world and our fellow humankind.

Patriotism is just bad..

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join