It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM auto plants - Gov't buyout: Plans for weapons manufacturing? Preparation for WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

GM auto plants - Gov't buyout: Plans for weapons manufacturing? Preparation for WW3?

bloomberg.com

GM’s equity would be majority-owned by the U.S. Treasury once the automaker’s restructuring plan is in place, said another person familiar with the discussions, who wouldn’t estimate the government’s ownership percentage in the Detroit- based company. The Canadian government also would have an equity stake, the person said.

The U.S. and Canadian governments may have equity ownership of as much as 69 percent. GM has proposed giving bondholders a 10 percent equity stake in the reorganized company and current shareholders 1 percent. The company also has agreed to provide as much as 20
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As a general conspiracy... perhaps the Gov't buyout of GM motors will pave the way to use the auto-plants as a means to mass produce weapons in preparation for a world war three? It's pretty logical is you ask me.

The plants have up to date technology and has the stock of metals and whatnot to build such weapons. All the newly unemployed car-makers can be contracted through the government at a minimal compensation to assist with the creation of weapons.

Perhaps North Korea is the catalyst for all out war? Having a friend stationed in Seoul, South Korea it is known that Gov't officials from Iran were present in the testing of a nuclear bomb. Perhaps that will make the case for Israel to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran?

Who knows... start writing up your conscientious objector speeches!

bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2009 by joeswarms]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You do know that is PRECISELY what they were used for during WWII right?

You do understand that is PRECISELY the reason why the majority of nuclear weapons targeting civilian centers in the US are pointed at Detroit & Flint rather than Washington DC, New York or Chicago right?

The ability to sustain any prolonged military effort depends on a nation's ability to mobilize it's workforce and industrialize it's manufacturing process to mass produce weapons, ammunition, vehicles, transports, etc. The factories of the car manufacturers are able to be retrofitted at a moment's notice to mass produce tanks, troop transports, etc. This is one of the only reasons why Car Manufacturers have been given the leniency they have had in the past.

Hey, I'm sure Skynet will buy them out for control of their factories if the Government doesn't.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's an interesting thought but I doubt if they have to actually own the place to manufacture weapons. obama could just use his blackberry to send a message to any favored company and they'd immediately refit to do whatever needed since a government contract for armaments would mean very big money.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

True that the administration would have complete control if wanted. But this could be a much cheaper way of going about it instead of having to pay off the ceo's.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I was in basic training some twenty years ago, my m-16 was a model manufactured at GM. Said so right on it. The dang thing always jammed up on me. They don't need to OWN GM to use it to make weapons. It's just wrong. I always loved american cars, but they should have been allowed to go under the normal way. Wish someone would bail ME out.

new topics

top topics

join