It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US cops and military to get laser guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

US cops and military to get laser guns

www.techradar.com

Forget phasers on stun, American military and police forces are about to set their lasers on daze, with the launch of two new laser guns.

The non-lethal laser weapons emit "eye-safe" (hmmm...) green laser light to temporarily blind people at a range of up to 2400 metres (about a mile and a half).

The Dazer Laser Guardian looks a little like a light sabre, with a 15cm straight design that can dazzle at up to 100 metres from a target. The lithium-ion battery powered laser can be adjusted to create a larger or smaller Dazer Zone that it is claimed instantly "temporarily impairs vision an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow...now cops can permanently blind peaceful protesters. I know the article say "eye safe". But come on everyone knows how sensitive eyes are, any eye doctor will tell you that any bright light will damage an eye no matter the color.

Now instead of using the Taser and killing innocents, the police can now permanently blind Innocent people while they exclaim "oh I though he/she was the person I was looking for, or I though they had a weapon, oops I was wrong"

I don't know whats worse being dead or blind.

www.techradar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Eh... well the downside to the user of said laser will also provide a very bright target.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
LIkely because taser use by police is getting banned in many places, they have moved on to causing havok with a new one. Since no law is in place to stop this one (yet) they will use them until there is.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Agreed with the above poster. Would you rather they tazer, laser, water cannon or just outright machine-gun protestors like China does?

This just goes to show that some people will never be satisfied, no matter how non-lethal you make tools of control.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
First the poop-machine and now this? What if this blinding device was used in conjunction with the poop-machine? I mean, I was at the DNC last year, on my bike. It really would've ruined my day having pooped and have not been able to see.

I am mad at the nanny-police state! I say we all get mad and do something about it! I can see it now, t-shirts that say "give me liberty or give me blindness and pooped pants!" (obviously, only ATSers would be in on the inside-joke). But, seriously, lame. I hate big brother.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So now, you won't be able to identify the cops that beat you up and hit you in the head when you are handcuffed.

Just what we need.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by auntie_11k
So now, you won't be able to identify the cops that beat you up and hit you in the head when you are handcuffed.

Just what we need.

We always have our sense of smell. Yet overuse of soaps and colognes have taken that away from most of us too. We can't recognize eachother by smell anymore (unless we sniff them at the gym).

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Just what we need.

I think the message is pretty clear. Instead of protesting for the sake of protesting something, maybe one should pick their battles more carefully?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
One word: sun glasses.
Well, two words I guess.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
OK! does this mean that protesters in the streets will carry big mirrors from now on, then?

Or maybe reflective overalls?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How about we line up cops at different ranges and test the lasers on them using different settings. Then we could send them to an eye doctor and have them post the results in public of any lasting damage they sustained.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Just what we need.

I can see them pointing their Lasers at video cameras too
Now they can beat the crap out of you without having a Rodney King + Border Patrol + Don't Tase Me Bro incident on video...

What next, EMF guns?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by imitator]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Agreed with the above poster. Would you rather they tazer, laser, water cannon or just outright machine-gun protestors like China does?

This just goes to show that some people will never be satisfied, no matter how non-lethal you make tools of control.

TOOLS OF CONTROL.....That might just be what our problem is.

Tools of control.......hehhhehe. More like TOOLS in Control!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
OK! does this mean that protesters in the streets will carry big mirrors from now on, then?

Or maybe reflective overalls?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

Or maybe someone could invent see-through mirror glasses. Maybe a camera mounted on the bridge between the lenses. The camera could be hooked up to an led display which could be located on the backside of the lenses.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

This made me laugh thanks..

But lazers are fun to look at? i guess we get to see what they feel like also..

Originally posted by sos37

Tasers are not non lethal, search ats and learn something. They kill alot of people and are used if someone sneezes wrong, so this non lethal bs game over they kill people and that is that.. Actually i think the makers of the tazer company got sued for 11 million and the people won so ya non lethal it isn't.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 5/27/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
One word: sun glasses.
Well, two words I guess.

Regular sunglasses would be almost no help at all, you need to know the precise wavelength of the laser and were eye protection that is specifically polarised for that wavelength... A couple of problems there...

1) it's not hard to make ten different wavelengths, so you would need to be wearing the correct pair at the time.

2) The longer range 2.4km one, well by the time the light hit's your eyes (I say time metaphorically, it is light after all) the atmospheric conditions may have had a random effect on the wavelength.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
cool, did the article say where we could buy them? Always wanted a real blaster. You don't need to buy endless amounts of ammo, you just recharge your dazer laser and ZAAAAP!!

Thats sort of the like the flying car, which is supposed to be out for sale in 2010.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
what would happen if your glass's where made out one way mirror glass?i wonder hmmmmmmmm.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Next thing, sunglasses inside buildings are banned. Bono leaves planet earth in disgust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join