It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's wishing Rush Limbaugh runs for president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It would be so nice to be in Rush Limbaugh’s position right now.

He absolutely HAS to be the most mirthful, happy person alive at this point in time (all this, despite the OxyContin (I had to take OxyContin at one time, that has to be the nastiest stuff on the face of the Earth. I cannot conceive of anyone intentionally taking that crap and thinking they are enjoying the experience)). Rush has GOT to go home at night and absolutely laugh his rear end off at how gullible those right wing nut cases are.

Think about it. He is presently the one person most responsible for people turning away from the Republican party. Yet, the core uber-conservative members of the Republican party think He is the best thing since sliced bread. Those dim-wits have no clue that Rush Limbaugh is using the misfortunes of the Republican party to his financial advantage, while they totally ignore the headlights of the train wreck QUICKLY heading in their direction.

Boggles the imagination.

I would say it’s a good thing the majority of the American population was intelligent enough to boot the Republican party out of power when they did.

Could you imagine another 4 – 8 years of Bush style governance?

GAWD, I wish Rush Limbaugh WOULD run for president. That would be the nail in the coffin of the Republican party.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am half convinced that mush loosebowels and the other right wing blah blah blah's vote Democratic when the curtain is drawn because its good for their business.

Patriots my ample arse... loosebowels, coulter, savage... all of em are in it for the money and nothing else.

Just watch they are going to go against Obama's SCOTUS nominee like a pack of wolves and drive away the Hispanics and even more women.

Talk about blind, daff and dim.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If I thought Rush had the energy to get off his fat pie-hole and vote, I would expect Him to vote Democrat.

If He was truly a dyed-in-the-wool Republican, why would He do everything in His power to turn voters away from the party? The answer to that question is “He WOULDN’T.”

Under the circumstances, it’s just not realistic to believe that He genuinely considers himself a Republican.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Just watch they are going to go against Obama's SCOTUS nominee like a pack of wolves and drive away the Hispanics and even more women.

And that's another thing I don't understand.

By 2008, the Republican party has lost to the Democrats across the board.

I would think the logical thing for them to do would be to take a step back and figure out why the public is not buying what they are attempting to sell.

But yet, they seem to be doing every thing in their power to alienate as much of the public as they possibly can.

They are blind to the fact that the public just is not interested in their ideologies.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

[edit on 27-5-2009 by grover]

Not to go too off topic, but are you suggesting they should vote her in just because she is hispanic and a woman?
But I agree that no matter if they have very valid arguments against her nomination they will still come out labeled as racists.

Back on topic: I believe Rush is trying to get rid of the moderates and bring the party back to it's core values. Right now the republican party is the party of compromise. Would you be happy if the dems decided to toss their values and compromise with the repubs agenda? I doubt it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Plus... It seems to me that the Republican party is putting all their eggs into one basket.

looks to me that they are banking on the hope that the economy will not get any better by 2012; and hoping that the public memory is too short to remember the Republicans were in charge when the economy faltered.

If the economy is better by 2012, which actually is a very good bet, then the only thing the Republican party will have left is 4 years of attempting to obstruct every thing the Democratic party has attempted to do to get our Country back on track.

Current estimates put the core of the Republican party at 20% of the public.

If they kick everyone out of their party except their core base, what could they possibly hope to do with only 20% of any vote?

They path they are presently charging down make no logical sense what so ever. Yet they seem to be going “full steam ahead.”

This is a situation that truly boggles my imagination.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Back on topic: I believe Rush is trying to get rid of the moderates and bring the party back to it's core values...

However, if the majority of the public is not interested in the "Core Values" of the modern Republican party's ideology, the question becomes "Why would they want to do that?"

In order to sell something, you have to sell what is wanted by the people you are attempting to sell to.

By 2008 the Democrats have been voted into a majority by the public. That indicates that the majority of the public is not buying what the Republicans are selling.

If you want to sell something, you must sell something that people want to buy.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Or, to put it another way...

If you are in a ship that is sinking because it has a hole in it, do you not "fix" the hole because you feel it goes against your core values?

Why would the Republican party WANT to go back to it's "core values" when those core values are what is turning the public away from them in the first place?

Again, it is not a logical course of action...

Unless the goal is actually to "go down with the ship."

[edit on 27-5-2009 by hlesterjerome]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Why do democrats resort to name calling? It's like the last thing they have. Rush is fat! Bush is dumb! Ann is a bitch! Etc, etc. And do you really think that the only thing a hispanic woman cares about is the race and sex of a SCOTUS nominee? That shows how little you think about hispanic women. I say that they are smarter than you give them credit for. That they actually care about the woman's views and the job she will do. I expext that if the republicans resist her nomination thet it will draw more hispanics into the republican party.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

No I am not suggesting that but everything I have looked at about her suggests that she is highly qualified... personally I am sick and tired of this constant ideological push to stack the court... Hoover for all of his faults as president appointed both Republican and Democrats to the SCOTUS because he felt that all view points should represented in the courts.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
why would the Republican party WANT to go back to it's "core values" when those core values are what is turning the public away from them in the first place?
[edit on 27-5-2009 by hlesterjerome]

I would disagree with you on that point. The Republican candidate of 2008 was by no means a representative of conservative "core values" at all but a moderate.
I agree that the republican party has no right to win any seat or office in their current form for the fact that they've gotten away from those core values of the past in order to please the masses. Nobody likes a lukewarm position.
If they do decide to run a true conservative in 2012 then I bet that person will give Obama a run for his money.
True conservatives like conservative republicans and moderate democrats and I think most would be surprised at the amount of voting conservatives there are in this country that had no candidate that represented them in the last election.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Have you ever read some of the hysterics spout about liberals and Democrats? It makes anything we say about them look tame in comparison.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For anything you say to have any value I need you to define "ultra-conservative" and "core-republican values."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I would have to disagree with you, to a point.

I agree that McCain is TRULY a more moderate republican. However, He tried to toe the Ultra-Right-Wing ideology throughout his bid for the Presidency. I believe if He would have run His own campaign along the lines of what He has represented throughout his carrier, He would have given Obama more of a run for his money. I would have had a hard time choosing between him and Obama.

When we talk about the Republican’s “core values” perhaps we should define which core values we are talking about.

Originally, the Republican Party was very moderate, bordering on centrists. They represented the true concept of conservatism.

The modern Republican “core values” tend toward the extreme right.

If in 2012 the Republicans were to field a candidate that is a lot more moderate than the modern incarnation of the Republican Party, they could have a chance against Obama.

If they stick with a far right candidate per Limbaugh’s desires, I would be surprised if they could make much progress.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

In order to sell something, you have to sell what is wanted by the people you are attempting to sell to.

Too bad the public voted for Obama who told them what they wanted to hear and has turned out to be nothing more than a liar and a shyster.

He uses the politics of fear to ramrod spending bills that have bankrupted our children.

He kowtows to despots and terrorists.

He is a child among men.

And this latest decision blunder shows that he is a racist.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
For anything you say to have any value I need you to define "ultra-conservative" and "core-republican values."

I guess I would consider Ultra-conservative to be “far right.”

The Republican Party started moving toward the far right after it was highjacked by fundamentalist Christians.

As far as “core Republican values”, that is something that has changed over the years. Originally, the Republican Party was an extremely Moderate party. Over the years, especially after fundamentalists took control of the party, the Republican Party has shifted further and further to the right. The Republican party of today resembles a Religious organization as much as a Political party.

The “core values” that I believe the public is not buying is today’s core Rushonian values.

If the Republicans could ever move back to their original more middle of the line core values, I fully believe the Democratic party would not be able to hold on to their present grip on power.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I would suggest that it might be a tad too early to judge Obama's record at his post.

I at least gave President Bush 4 years before I decided to vote against him.

However, time will tell.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

Suggest all you want. Boy Blunder has already damaged this country beyond repair and I hope he is impeached before his first term is up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What is the far fetched idea of Rush Limbaugh running for President based on? Something Rush said? Something a prominent Republican said? Is there a rumor out there that someone knows about?

Rush has always stated he will never run for President....for one he wouldn't want the pay cut, and two he has more influence in his current position than the President does.

This thread is a joke. It would be like a conservative saying they wished Nancy Pelosi would run for President, then turn it into a huge Pelosi bash fest. All over something that will never happen.

This thread needs to be closed.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
After reading your signature, I simply cannot take your statements seriously

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join