It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create your own benevolent secret society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One glance at ATS and you can tell that there are numerous professional people here on this website. Some people are in sensitive employment positions, some are rich, some have experience. So we have an incredibly diverse pool of members here on ATS, professionally, ethnically, religiously, etc.

Why don't you guys create your own secret society with symbols, handshakes, and the whole nine yards?

Why should you do it?

Well, everyone knows a secret society brotherhood is very beneficial to the members. As membership grows and members are appointed to high positions in society, they bring all that power and money back to the society which can then be used for good of mankind.

So, what do you guys think?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
who says there is or isin't one?

if it's secret...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by warrenb]

link   
Haha if ATS made a secret society it would hold the world speed record for getting infiltrated by freemasons

link   
Congratulations! A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund.

Uh...no. This isn't really the kind of situation that can be made into a club.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
LOL!

I love it.

In the Ordo Templi Orientis, it used to be one of the requirements of the 5th Degree Initiation to found your own Secret Society. The Family Tree of Secret Societies bifurcated into a whole forest in the 20th Century because of this.

The premise of this, is that if one possesses a secret, then that secret should be made available to as many people as possible, and should be preserved beyond what one group can do. Governments, Inquisitions, Mobs, etc. can shut down a Secret Society, but they can't successfully stop them all. The Order of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon may have been shut down by King Pepin the Fat/Fair and the Spanish Inquisition, but their legacy lived on as the Hospitilers of St. John, Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and a long host of other groups.

Besides, the idea of fighting fire with fire is always a valid one. If you can't beat them, don't join them...but make your own Secret Society and make them want to join you! (Or at least fear you and wonder what you are up to!)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All secret societies start somewhere with few people, but as they grow they get more powerful. The power of numbers can be great.

Well, most of the secret societies are known to the world. It's how they work and how much power they have and all the other info that is secret from the world.

If ATS had a secret society we would have known by now, or some smart ATS member would have blown the whistle on them.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer
All secret societies start somewhere with few people, but as they grow they get more powerful. The power of numbers can be great.
If ATS had a secret society we would have known by now, or some smart ATS member would have blown the whistle on them.
They're called "Mods". Nobody knows exactly how they operate; they communicate via secret channels away from public view; and they wield power over the rest of us peons. (And yes, they've been infiltrated by Masons...
)

[edit on 5/27/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

They're called "Mods". Nobody knows exactly how they operate; they communicate via secret channels away from public view; and they wield power over the rest of us peons. (And yes, they've been infiltrated by Masons...
)

[edit on 5/27/2009 by JoshNorton]

In a way, that's true, they do have their own secret society. They control this massive website and all the content on it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
The Order of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon may have been shut down by King Pepin the Fat/Fair and the Spanish Inquisition, but their legacy lived on as the Hospitilers of St. John, Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and a long host of other groups.

When you inject some historical context into a thread you should make sure that you have the information correct. King Pepin the Fat was the father of Charles Martel, and lived a few hundred years before the Knights Templar were even formed. You meant to say King Philip the Fair.

And the Spanish Inquisition, did not have anything to do with the Knights Templar. Begun in 1478, long after the Knights were suppressed, it was intended to make the Spanish kingdoms wholly Catholic.

The Knights of the Hospital of St. John were contemporaries of the Templars, and were often at odds with them. Though, it is true that after the dissolution of the Templars some brothers joined the ranks of the Hospitallers. Many also went over to the Teutonic Order in Germany.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In a way, that's true, they do have their own secret society. They control this massive website and all the content on it.
Not to mention the fact that they're, you know, reptilians...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7b9a91d5afa119a2.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think this idea has merit, and God knows, I could use a little furtive labor around this place now and then.

In fact, just the other day I was saying that what our back yard REALLY needed was a henge.........

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by fraterormus
The Order of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon may have been shut down by King Pepin the Fat/Fair and the Spanish Inquisition, but their legacy lived on as the Hospitilers of St. John, Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and a long host of other groups.

When you inject some historical context into a thread you should make sure that you have the information correct. King Pepin the Fat was the father of Charles Martel, and lived a few hundred years before the Knights Templar were even formed. You meant to say King Philip the Fair.

That's what I get for writing a response while on the phone with customers and also juggling a maintenance on server farms at three different data centers!

Thank you for the corrections. You are right that it should have been King Philip the Fair (I think I got my wires crossed because King Pepin often called himself "the Fair")...and it was the Inquisition, not the Spanish Inquisition that was levied against the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon in 1307 by Papal Bull (again, crossed connection because the change of the Inquisition to the charge of the Dominican Order during the 13th century I must have confused this with the beginning of the "Spanish Inquisition" at the hand of the Dominican Tomas de Torquemada).

It's nice to know that someone has my back when I'm only paying 1/3 attention.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I will create a website to blame everything on you guys.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

That's already been done...

Secret Monkeys, not just for dues cards anymore...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Why don't you guys create your own secret society with symbols, handshakes, and the whole nine yards?

Because the ATS terms of service won't allow it...

?

I'm just sayin'.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
the question seems a tad counter-intuitive, i dont mean that in a cruel way..just stating the fact that its a site founded on the premise of conspiracies and discussing possibilities with like minded people. I chuckled..sorry.

top topics

join