It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News For Those Against Vaccination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Even though I personally get vaccinated and support vaccination, this made me think of you guys. I am registering for my fall classes and received an email of immunization requirements. This made me think of you guys. I took out the personal information.

"...The documentation you provide must show that you were immunized for “MMR” (measles/mumps/rubella) with live vaccine, and received a second immunization after you reached 15 months of age. You must also show that you have been immunized for “DT” or “Td” (diphtheria/tetanus); if your most recent shot was over ten years ago, a booster is required.

The State Post-Secondary School Immunization Law requires that we have your record before you will be allowed to attend classes. It is not only to satisfy State law that we ask for your assistance by sending this information to us; we do it to help make certain that we in the school's community continue to live in a safe and healthy environment.

Evidence of immunity may be demonstrated with either a record of immunization with dates and dosages or a report of laboratory results from tests for immunity. If you have a philosophical objection to such immunization, you may provide us with a signed statement indicating this."

So, good news. There's a college for you to go to if you don't want to get vaccinated. I'm a little mad that it's mine but I think they probably require more medical records if you're not vaccinated or something.

But, there you go. Good news for you guys.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OMG, this is amazing. So I can stop taking shoddy online courses and go to a real life actual college?? One with real life college girls too? Frat houses and experimenting, even?

Oh boy, I'm so excited. This is gunna be the best 4 years........wait, who am I kidding. I'm so paranoid I'll be stuck in my dorm room, too afraid to face the college world and all its......infections. My face will be glued to my laptop which will rest on my germ free desk. Every thread I author will hint at the coming superbug that will soon enough desteroy the entire population of the world.........except me, my laptop and my Jessica Alba poster.

You'll be my only friend at our amazing, immunization free school.

-Dev

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Funny, Dev. I think most people get vaccinated though because you need a high school diploma and most high schools do require these vaccines.

I'll ask around I guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I also had to be vaccinated for menangitis and possibly something else...

OT, what school are you going to? I see your from CT...I go to CCSU, maybe we've crossed paths haha

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All colleges have that as far as I know. A private college maybe not, but all state colleges I'm pretty sure have ways to get out of vaccines for philosophical or religious reasons. I'm not aware of every state's laws, but Minnesota you can get out for religious reasons.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All schools in the US have to abide by this. Be it religious/philosophical reasons you can get a form from your state government allowing a person to attend school without vaccination.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
?? I am baffled why the heck to do you need all this?

Can I just say to the pro vaxers (I promise I will not preach - I have suffered vaccine damage as a kid) the following:

Guys can you check to see what there is an a vaccine as there is yeast in a lot of them being used as is milk, egg etc.

If you feel uneasy about having jabs after you read the info, a good nurse would listen to your concerns and not force you into jabs, although half the time they don't know what horrid stuff is in a vaccine (I trust you, if you look to what is actually in a vaccine, you'd be like " gawd dayum" or how you sound as well).

The whole idea about the whole vaccine issue is that you do your own research into it as at the end of the day it is your own body, I could be REALLY preachy and scare you all off with my personal opinions on vaxes but I'd prefer everyone to at least research them.

Knowledge is power

new topics

top topics

join