It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns Federal Reserve over 'printing money'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

China warns Federal Reserve over 'printing money'

www.telegraph.co.uk

China has warned a top member of the US Federal Reserve that it is increasingly disturbed by the Fed's direct purchase of US Treasury bonds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well China you're not alone. I am also disturbed the direct purchase of the bonds. Where are they getting this money from? The American people. This needs to stop don't ask me how because I don't have a solution that will work, but this is just outrageous. When will the FED realize enough is enough? oh wait never mind I guess i can answer that question ... NEVER. Support Ron Paul's H.R. 1207!!!!

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't like to make this paralell, as it often comes off as sensationalism, but this is exactly what germany did for years under Hitler.
www.webofdebt.com...

Pretty scary, really.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OK.

Many of us have stood up on our soap boxes over the last years or so, warning, screaming, and spreading the word about the Fed destroying the American dollar and the fact that they KNOW exactly what is going to happen.

We have tried linking videos of economists, politicians, and regular people, pointing out the economically destructive practice, and speculated as to the why's and wherefore's of the matter.

Now we have the government of billions of Chinese echoing our concern.

Do you think ANYONE will even TRY to put an end to the supranational banking cartels obvious attempt at crippling the republic?

Sadly, there are so many distractions, do you think anyone is even paying attention?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If a goverment prints 1 dollar without backing of that dollar, you are already in trouble. Notice all the adds wanting your gold! Think about it. Gold and silver are the only items that have worth when the paper dollar is being used to burn your leaves in the fall. There are lots more metals that have value, I am just talking about the two that are the easiest to obtain.

That is why China is getting concerned, they do not want to be paid back in our already useless currency.

Tru

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truskeptic
If a goverment prints 1 dollar without backing of that dollar, you are already in trouble. Notice all the adds wanting your gold! Think about it. Gold and silver are the only items that have worth when the paper dollar is being used to burn your leaves in the fall. There are lots more metals that have value, I am just talking about the two that are the easiest to obtain.

That is why China is getting concerned, they do not want to be paid back in our already useless currency.

Tru

Yeah, but gold and silver are both worthless metals, you can hardly use them for anything...if you really want to escape inflation you'd buy foods, oil and homes. The home owner is usually the biggest beneficiary of inflation...and they are trying to create inflation. A fiat system backed by gold is not a free system, it's a capped system...I always find it interesting when people who are advocates of free markets don't want freely floating exchange rates, but a peg to gold.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I believe you are missing meaning of my post. For the most part gold and silver are useless, but to use use them again inflation is the idea. I have said to take you money and turn it into gold and silver, part of it would smart since it has remained about same in the world market so therefore in the world it is worth a said amount. A world market holds the key to the price not a free market in the USA.

Several years ago some folks were laughing the the Euro when it came out, you could almost buy 2 Euro's for a dollar; however things do change. Today if you were to buy $100.00 worth Euro's with a American dollar you would end of with 71.98 Euro's. Now to buy a $100.00 with American dollar would cost you $138.89 at todays price.

Yes you need money (as a trade medium) for gas and oil and I have never said to take all the money you have and put it into precious metals, but as a hedge against inflation............”you betcha”.

Tru

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh it's already to late guys... The mortgage rates just went from 4.5 to 6.5% in ONE FREAKING DAY.
Thread is here, educate yourselves.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
who the hell is funding north koreas nuke program??????????

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Not to spiral too far off subject, but is there a connection here to North Korea? I mean, noone is entirely certain as to what China will do in the region, but if China starts to raise a stink about the actions of the US Treasury and then N. Korea does something, then China reacts by dumping large amounts of currency... um, well, it's a frightening thought...

In my line of work, I see the insides of a lot of things that aren't generally made available to the general public. Not that any of it is secret, just not put out there. I was amazed the first time I realized that Bank X routinely transfers BILLIONS of dollars to Bank Y on a daily basis electronically with very little oversight and logging. In one case, I saw a SINGLE transfer for $4B come through the system. Mind you it was an aggregate of 14K or so induvidual transactions, but in the end, the Fed does not care if the numbers aren't right with the banks. At 4PM, their web server turns off (and I mean that literally) and no further corrections can be made. If an error exists that was not corrected by that time, and the bank that was shorted is missing several millions in cash, the bank will fail.

Can't believe how easy it is to make a small mistake and take a mega bank down. (Course if I did that, I would probably go into hiding right after...lol)

Also, yes, I am being deliberatly vauge with my wording. Anyone from my office can read this post and know who this is, but I don't want to give out enough info to cause "problems" to my customer or my employment, so please bear with me.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

as much as I hate to say it, I don't think that a large enough group of people will get together and do anything big enough to stop the FED/Banks reign, and I don't think people will come around because they think that Obama will change it for the better ...

top topics

join