It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did AT&T sway Idol win to Kris?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Did AT&T sway Idol win to Kris?

www.dailyfinance.com

Here's how AT&T helped Kris win: it made no effort to provide the same free texting services to rival, Adam Lambert, supporters. Is this fair? Of course not. But if this news makes you feel that Adam was robbed of his richly deserved title, I think Adam may have been better off coming in second. After all, he does not have to record the horrible song, No Boundaries, that flat-stomached judge Kara DioGuardia foisted on Kris and Adam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Conspiracy or not? Would America have really let a "Freak" Like Adam win. Yeah I think so, ever notice he has an uncanny resemblance to young Elvis. Corporate would never let someone like Adam win, the only one who would win a Corporate America sponsored event is "The Boy Next Door" type.

What does everone think about this? Do you even care?

www.dailyfinance.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The more important question should be... Why does anyone care?

On a side note, this could be of interest to the Obama administration as with their control over the three branches of government they should be considering nationalizing AT&T and using the same voting system in future elections, the ability to control the outcome has to be highly appealing to them.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
no

the "faith" groups did

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The NY Times is reporting this too. They say it was at a function for Kris Allen in Arkansas. I don't think a couple hundred people in Arkansas could have voted often enough to change the outcome. I think there were over 100million votes, so a few hundred more probably did not sway the outcome...did FOX release the vote totals?

Everyone who spent any time watching this year knows Adam is the most talented contestant they have ever had...by I know 13 year old girls who were completely creeped out by him. I think that is why Kris won.

This is better for Adam Lambert anyway...look at all the number 2's. Many of them fare better than the winners: Clay Aiken, David Archuletta, Blake Lewis, Bo Bice...all seem to have strong careers now.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
On another note could Elvis have been Reincarnated as a rumored to be gay Adam Lambert? You be the Judge:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1f3a50cd7c3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e349b325f0c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Considering that Adam is being courted to sponsor many products, the theories about corporate America not wanting him to win does not hold water. (Unless they want his fans to feel they were cheated, so they will buy the products endorsed by the underdog.)

Kris will do well, but Adam now has the freedom to pick whatever record deal or rock group he wants to join or form. Kris will be a good boy and do what the record producers tell him to.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think Adam has the potential to be right up there with the title of "The King"...and Chris was NOT a match to Adam. Not by a longshot.
It seems to me there's been other problems in this show in reccent years also.

In the end of the day, it really doesnt matter, but gee, cant we EVER have anything in this country that isnt based on lies and deceit?

EVEN A TV SHOW???

I watch because its a wholesome enough show and its not full of bad news, conspiracies, and its actually something that takes me away from the daily troubles. I just cant stand that everything has to be manipulated.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What does everone think about this? Do you even care?

No, not really, could care less.

Adam's a talented guy, and this show gave him the exposure he needed to move on to better things. He'll do fine.

So, any bets on whether or not Kara will be sticking around? My bet is that she was brought on to give Paula an "out", but now Paula's reconsidered, so next season we'll be back to the 3....

(Personally, I though Kara worked the bikini pretty well though)...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have heard FOX producers want Paula gone. Kara is her replacement, but in the end it doesn't matter. The series will lose another four million viewers as it is aging.

I am guessing Paula will pledge to keep her off air conduct nicer, and there will be four judges next season.

I also could not care about the outcome of Adam or Kris. Adam is being offered the lead vocals of Queen (Kris got to sing with Mike Huckabee), and that is not too shabby.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
From Simon and Ryan to almost every media outlet and everyone on television who cares to express their opinion is showing no respect to someone who deserves it.

I've heard so many times on television now that Kris may have one, but Adam was the talented one.

There are millions of talented musicians that do not make it. It's not just about talent. It's about being relevant and finding a fan base that digs your sound.

Speaking very honestly, I would rather listen to cats in heat rather than an Adam Lambert album. Those shrieks are worse than a deadly hang-over. Kris Allen has a sound that truly resonates within me and I love his spin on new and old music. I'm really excited to see what he does with his own material.

So for everyone to minimize his win and talk about how Adam was the one with talent, they are completely missing the obvious fact that the music industry is completely subjective and everyone has their own opinion. They talk as if it is preposterous for someone to be a fan of Kris Allen.

I mean this in all sincerity, I think he is the best to come along since Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry. (although David Cook's debut album is really good and worth mentioning)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
AT&T swayed a few hundred voters....big whoop

Danny Gokey's fans switching to Kris carried the day

new topics

top topics

join