It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gets Your goat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I decided to make this little thread as a place to discuss what really gets on your goat..........please feel free to add your own and discuss others.....

today whilst watching tv, I actually sat through some adverts, something i don't usually do, and it just REALLY GOT MY GOAT...............

3 adverts selling stuff, one for lager, one for cat food, one for one for cough medicine....I wont name the products as I'm sure that'll be against T&C

1, 9 out of 10 cats prefer it.....what? how do they know, did they ask the cats, did the cat answer? or did they put out 2 foods, one absolutely disgusting ensuring the cats all ate theirs?

2, hair dye-70% of those polled said they preferred it, (in small writing at the end of advert) 195 existing users polled..........so actual 30% of people who are already using it actually prefer something else.....

3, cough syrup-blah blah NON-DROWSY blah blah NON-DROWSY etc. (in small writing at the end of advert) non drowsy in most people........well 6 out of 10 is most people which means that almost half of us will fall asleep with it......

NO wonder i channel hop when the ads come on................... :bnghd:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Working tech support... one of my peeves is when someone doesn't know the operating system on their computer.

It says it every time you turn the computer on and off. Yeesh.

I had a fellow tell me he was Vista, turn out he had a MAC.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

That's the idea, the small things that just make you want to screeeeeeaaaam

I can just see you with your headset on punching thin air in exasperation

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I've asked if I can bring in one of the practice dummies I use for MMA, just to vent frustration.
Apparently, though, there's some concern over the idea.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Statistical math...85% of canadians believe this...yet I have never been asked my opinion and nobody I have ever met has been asked their opinion.
Beautiful women who wear bad shoes to gain acceptance,yet they work on their feet all day.WTF
Serving a western sandwich with cheese on it...thats not a western!!!!Its a western WITH CHEESE!!!
Debit cards....they are good for your convenience but bad for the people in line behind you...but hey as long as you are happy.

Theres a good start...I could go on for hours.
Good thread.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Pseudointellectuals..talking with words they obviously looked up that morning. Just be yourself and people see through the BS.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The phrase "after the break" on something I haven't DVR'd (and therefore can't simply fast forward through...)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What got my goat today???? LEARNER DRIVERS......................

not the learners themselves, the idiots that thought it's a good idea to take people out on lessons in the middle of a major city, during major road works due to the implementation of a new tram system, and during rush hour, it took over an hour to get to work, usually a 20 minute drive, and I was on a motorbike.........jeeeeeez

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Forgot something: People who call, and tell us they have a account with the company.

I'm like... no crud, really? How amazing... that someone who has a account with us... would be calling in? Jim! Hey Jim! This person has a account with us! Wow!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Absolutely hands down it is this "people who believe the main stream media...mostly TV" I encounter such idiocy in my daily life that it boggles the mind. How people can take such fallicies as the gospel never ceases to amaze me...I've tried to get the "truth" out there, but by and large, it is shunned. Tell me, what do you do? Keep talking or just leave them alone,
and let them wallow in ignorance?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The thing that makes me the maddest is when my daughter steals my bath towel! Get your own damn towel & leave mine alone!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
BOBCATS! They are everywhere out here where I live They get my goats all the time! I set traps , I put up fences and STILL they get my goats.

I also hate the story "my pet goat" as read by George Bush .

I am dont like the idea of people referring to it as what gets you goat as I am born in the year of the goat.

SO, what gets your goat?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Having commercials that increase in duration and frequency during the "dramatic endings' of movies shown on basic cable REALLY GETS MY GOAT.

I understand the psychology behind it, but just because I'm not in a tax bracket where I can afford premium channels and the luxury of "commercial free movies" - it really makes me feel like a second class citizen...and that also REALLY GETS MY GOAT!

So...WHAT GETS YOUR GOAT????

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I hear you on the Bobcats - down here, my parents have a problem with the coyotes getting their goats.

I sympathize with ya on that one too!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what gets my goat is pharma companies that advertise a product then proceed with a list of 15 things like " do you get sleepy at night" or "do you have trouble getting up in the morning?" " do you like to eat when your hungry?" then bust out another 10 side effects that surely no one wants lol im not going to list them all here but im sure you have seen the commercials.
what gets your goat?

top topics

join