It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religien Conspiracy that Actual Happened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.cracked.com...

The Plan:
Some time during the 1970s, the Church of Scientology decided that they'd had enough. Their religion about magic space aliens in a volcano wasn't getting the same respect as the religion about the magic bearded man whose dad made us all out of mud 6,000 years ago...

Please do not copy and paste entire pieces of content from other sources. Use a snippet, link to the source, then provide you additional commentary in your own words.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

Hi! Is that your own therory or did you see that idea somewhere. I always thought of Scientology as a rich person's club rather than a true religion considering you have to pay to advance to the "higher levels". For the record, Battlefield Earth was the biggest waste of 2 hours that I will never be able to get back.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here is the source:

www.cracked.com...

#2.Operation Snow White

The Plan:
Some time during the 1970s, the Church of Scientology decided that they'd had enough. Their religion about magic space aliens in a volcano wasn't getting the same respect as the religion about the magic bearded man whose dad made us all out of mud 6,000 years ago. Instead of converting to a slightly less silly religion, they did what any of us would have done and decided to destroy every single document that made their religion look bad, presumably including a trip into the future to destroy every copy of Battlefield Earth.

How did that work out?
Disturbingly well, at least for a little while. Apparently, the Church of Scientology managed to perform the largest infiltration of the United States government in history. Ever. With all the people who have wanted to get their dirty little hands on incriminating records, the United States of America was finally duped by the people who came up with Dianetics. So those billions of dollars we put into national security annually are clearly well spent.

Anyway, somewhere around 5,000 of Scientology's crack commandos wiretapped and burglarized various agencies. They stole hundreds of documents, mainly from the IRS. No critic was spared, and in the end, 136 organizations, agencies and foreign embassies were infiltrated.

When all of this hit the fan, the Church naturally denied it. Then they kidnapped one of the operatives arrested for stealing documents and prevented him from testifying. These days, the Church of Scientology generally refuses to talk about Operation Snow White, except to say that they "purged" those who were involved. They won't say what the guilty parties were involved in, and those who were purged still hold high ranking offices in the Church, but goddamn it, they were purged for their involvement.

Plagarisim, is almost as bad as scientology.

EDIT--
Apologies to Scientologists, that was a immature remark for me to have made.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah nice copy pasta there chief. Im a scientologist and i do not know what the deal is with this whole thing. The people who were involved with this were kicked out of the church.
You are more than welcome to go to all the scientology hate sites to get your information. You could also go to the KKK's website and get all your information on martin luther king jr and the black panthers. The KKK writes articles in a very simmilar style to the anti-scientology pages i would provide links to show you but the T&Cs would prevent me from doing so,not that the T&Cs apply to anti-scientology pages.
And for the record the Battle Field Earth movie did in fact suck

[edit on 27-5-2009 by The Mack]

new topics

top topics

join