It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Security Camera UFO footage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Was the video that the Op posted recorded at night or was it recorded at day with an infrared camera?I just want to know because the Soyuz had a Liftoff schedule at 4:34 P.M. local time.And the videos of the rocket taking off ,that day clearly shows it was day time.So was the Op's video recorded at night or with an infrared camera?

I think this is a rocket but not the Soyuz,like many here say.The Soyuz was launched on Wed May 27,daytime.The Op's video was recorded on May 22 and looks to be recorded at night.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well done, ATS ... sensible alternatives arose, were tested, and became convincing to open, curious minds. Closed minds jumped to the 'true UFO' pseudo-explanation and got stuck there. Illuminating, all around.

Imagine how much worse it was in the old Soviet days when news of the rocket and missile activity was top secret -- when, in fact, the government preferred witnesses to be deflected from understanding what they were seeing, and imagine 'flying saucers' instead!

You don't have to imagine -- it was real -- I describe many features of that era, and the festering infection it has left in worldwide UFO studies, in reports such as these:

The Great Soviet UFO Coverup, By James E. Oberg
(First published in the MUFON UFO Journal, OCTOBER 1982)
www.debunker.com...
Russia has its UFOs, too - but with a difference. It has government coverups, too, and that is a central part of the difference. Cossacks in the Ukrainian countryside and sophisticated Muscovites on big city streets have stared in awe at UFO formations passing overhead. Russian astronomers at mountaintop observatories have gazed in wonder at half-mile-wide crescent UFOs which silently glide across the sky. Flying along the Volga River, a commercial airliner was buzzed and circled by a UFO; the plane's engines stalled and it glided downwards, until the UFO departed and the engines restarted. Thousands of people in western port cities have run in panic as a "jellyfish UFO" swept over the docks, sending down shafts of light which broke windows and paving stones. Over the Arctic Ocean, the crew of an llyushin airliner watched a blindingly bright UFO emit beams of light and drop cone-shaped projectiles.

Giant UFO Over Two Continents, by James Oberg
First published in FATE Magazine, January, 1983
www.debunker.com...
Aerial apparition sparks panic in the streets, fears of nuclear attack and reports of extraterrestrial landings
ONE of the most spectacular and widely witnessed UFO apparitions of recent years occurred on the evening of Saturday, June 14, 1980. In its first phase it was widely seen in central Russia; Soviet ufologist Feliks Zigel was subsequently able to prepare a report based on detailed interviews with 40 eyewitnesses. In its second phase the UFO appeared one hour later over South America (at about 7:00 P.M. Argentine time) where it was seen in five countries and photographed in the western sky near the moon; this event was widely reported in the United States and was featured in a two-page International UFO Reporter analysis a few months later, A third unconfirmed phase occurred near Morocco.

Soviet Saucers, By James Oberg
www.debunker.com...
(First published in OMNI Magazine, April 1994.)
Day after day, the waves of UFOs returned to southern Russia. Cossacks on horseback saw them high in the evening sky. Pilots aboard commercial airliners and military interceptors chased and dodged them. Astronomers at observatories in the Caucasus Mountains noted their crescent shape and their fiery companions.
It was the fall of 1967, and the Soviet Union was in the grip of its first major UFO flap. The extraordinary tales, described on Soviet television, reported in Soviet newspapers, and analyzed in a private nationwide UFO study group soon took on a life of their own.

Lecture program: "Soviet Saucers and Space Secrets"
In the opening years of the Space Age (the 1960s), the Soviet public was gripped by two big enthusiasms -- their country's pioneering feats in space exploration, and their country as host to visitations by space aliens aboard UFOs (only natural, since everybody knew that advanced societies anywhere would be communistic). This talk reveals for the first time how these two themes were secretly interwoven, as Soviet military missile and space activities accidentally sparked most of the most famous 'UFO flaps' in Russia -- and then how Moscow officials opportunistically adapted the 'UFO identity' as camouflage to divert and suppress public reports of strange lights in the sky (reports that could provide Western military intelligence services with key insights into features of the top-secret aerospace systems, some of them treaty-breaking, being witnessed in action by ordinary people all across the Soviet Union). Meanwhile, Western UFO experts enthusiastically embraced these faux-UFO reports as more evidence that "UFOs are real and Soviet cases prove it", with the delicious irony that while they railed against "government cover-ups" of UFO data in their own countries, they became unwitting dupes of a genuine Moscow military cover-up campaign (and many of them remain so long after the collapse of the Soviet Union). This talk presents decades of original research integrated into a narrative both fascinating and amusing, and after half a century of secrecy and deception, satisfyingly eye-opening.
In detail, the talk addresses the 'crescent-UFO' flap of 1967 (that revealed detailed maneuvers of the illegal space-to-ground nuclear weapons platform called FOBS), the 'jellyfish UFOs' that revealed the existence of the Plesetsk cosmodrome, the role that Russian space junk reentries had in sparking worldwide pilot reports, and the radar-visual and medical effects of the "Minsk UFO" of 1984 that traces (almost certainly) to a still-undocumented SLBM launch from the Barents Sea.
Sample slides:
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybluebeing
The Soyuz was launched on Wed May 27,daytime.The Op's video was recorded on May 22 and looks to be recorded at night.

As posted several times, there was a launch on May 22, of a satellite.

Then, on May 27 there was another launch, they are not the same event.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You replied that they are not the same event?That's what I said in my post.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by icybluebeing

I thought you had some doubts about it, that is why I made my previous post, as a confirmation that there were two launches, one on May 22 (the one from the OP) and the other on the 27 (the one at a different time of day).

This is probably just some language barrier, I still do not understand the meaning of your posts.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by icybluebeing

The May 22nd launch
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
here some pictures, from Moscow... looks like the same thing...

www.webpark.ru...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
wow, i thought it was just Haley's Comet at first

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've found another video of what appears to be the same thing filmed from a Russian passenger airliner.

Apologies if someone has posted it already.

Vid

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Did you see the second object that shows up after the one with a tail?

This is very good footage and in no way faked. I'm sure the debunkers will do everything within their limited powers to denounce the credibility of this video and will scream swamp gas, flying monkeys with flashlights, or any other nonsensical line of garbage that sinks them back into their comfort zone. But, in the end, it only makes them look irrational, frightened and silly.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike73173
reply to post by Acidtastic

Did you see the second object that shows up after the one with a tail?

This is very good footage and in no way faked. I'm sure the debunkers will do everything within their limited powers to denounce the credibility of this video and will scream swamp gas, flying monkeys with flashlights, or any other nonsensical line of garbage that sinks them back into their comfort zone. But, in the end, it only makes them look irrational, frightened and silly.

Is that a mirror you were gazing into when you typed that?

Is there anyone on this thread who has real objections to the Meridian satellite launch from Plesetsk explanation? Any real reasons to reject that?

Please, I'm curious....

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Um, meteors don't leave another ball of light trailing behind them. I've seen several meteors, and I've never, ever seen a trailing ball of light that follows as a result.

I don't think you watched the whole video.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Before this thread gets closed and forgotten, is there a consensus that we can describe?

Is there anyone who wants to make a case the video could NOT be the Meridian satellite launching?

Simple affirmations of faith in its ufoness are OK, but unpersuasive as evidence.

What's the argument against an entirely prosaic explanation for these videos and images?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join