It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith to be sued over 'torture'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Smith to be sued over 'torture'

uk.news.yahoo.com

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is facing legal action over allegations that MI5 colluded in the torture of terror suspect.

According to the Home Office, lawyers for Briton Jamil Rahman wrote to Jacqui Smith claiming that she is accountable for the assault, unlawful arrest, false imprisonment and breaches of human rights legislation of their client.

Rahman, a former civil servant, said he was tortured over a two-year period in Bangladesh and two MI5 officers were aware of his treatment and consciously avoided witnessing it.

He claims they would leave the room while he was severely beaten
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Good.. hammer her for all she's got.

She needs bringing down a few pegs...

But those are some serious and heavy accusations being brought against her. I wonder how much it is gonna cost her to get out of this... oh it wont cost her.. she can claim it on MP's expenses...

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Extralien]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Let's hope that WITCH go to hell, where she deserves to be... I hate her so much, freedom hating TRASH.

When she cries when she's in jail, hopefully we'll have a tape.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My life proves the uk tortures people.

So anyone suing these scum certainly gets a thumbs up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The residents of the UK should be allowed to sue the government en masse, because just having to live there must be torture.

As for this case, there's no evidence and therefore no basis for a ruling in the plaintiff's favor.

Null and void.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hmmm I posted the same hours ago and no one sees it ?
What do I do wrong ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I post alot of stuff and people posting it hours after I posted are the posts getting noticed.. Wazzz Uppp !
???

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It happens to me all the time! I guess it must be the timing of the posts or something!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
The residents of the UK should be allowed to sue the government en masse, because just having to live there must be torture..

not really ! But thanks for the concern.:-)

I hope this case highlights the whole issue of torture and it's use by or on the behalf of M15 and other agencies. There are many people who are held by and for both The British gov. & USA who continue to be denied their Human rights as set down by UN human rights charter/bill.

Only by challenging the validity of such treatment can it every be stopped.

new topics

top topics

join