It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worm found on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Check out this YouTube video from 2008. I'm surprised it only has 745 views. It really does look like an anomaly - a worm. WHat do you think?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Marsanonalyresearch.com has many pictures of the famous "tube" on Mars. And he shows the difference between these pictures and others that are more structures. I was really surprised to see that he agreed with me. Because when I first saw the tubes Richard Hoagland was referring to, I noticed that they looked assymetrical, like decayed biological, which meant there were enormous worms on Mars, much like Dune. Makes you wonder where the Dune idea came from.

Edit to add: seems that they're considered something else, along with image tampering on marsanomalyresearch.com now. I've given a description below.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

Thanks for posting, very interesting clip!

It was always my understanding that the drill fitted to Spirit was meant to capture ground rock samples for onboard chemical analysis. Correct me if I'm wrong of my understanding, but if this were the case, why then wasn't this anomaly ground up after photography, along with a nearby spot of rock, and the two samples then analyzed for differences in composition?

Even that would not be conclusive, but would give a better basis for judging just what that bit of rotelli is.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is the link marsanomalyresearch.com...

Here are some of the links and discussion of the real tubes on mars: marsanomalyresearch.com...
marsanomalyresearch.com...

He seems to think these images aren't worms at this point??
I'm sure that's a change. That also doesn't explain the way something that looks like a vehicle is in the famous photograph that Richard Hoagland shows on his site. marsanomalyresearch.com... He thinks these are ridges in a kind of cliff associated with water that Nasa has doctored out of the photos.

He shows the photo and then another one depicting evidence of photo tampering, so it appears Nasa has tampered with these photos.

Now, between these two images, anyone should be able to see the carefully crafted color coordinated foggy, fuzzy, featureless, no detail, image tampering and how it differs so markedly with the surrounding natural terrain detail. Being able to recognize this image tampering is essential to understanding what is really going on with the "Tube" anomalies and everything else important on Mars. You scientist out there, if you are unable to identify this image tampering for what it is and/or acknowledge its existence, then I am genuinely sorry for you. You are missing one of the greatest discovery events of our time as to what is on Mars and are leaving it to amateurs to pick up the ball and move on with it. Is this what you really want and how you want to be remembered in posterity?

This is what he considers them to be:

The younger the slope/water anomaly site is, the wider the interspace distance between each ridge form and the more narrow and sharper edged are each ridge's peak ridge lines. Note that this description more fits the anomalies in MO4-0291. The older the site and assuming shallow water has continued to flow fairly consistently, the broader and thicker across each ridge form becomes and the more narrow the interspace between any two or more ridge forms becomes which is more the case here in this M03-00102 anomaly site.

Note also in these images that each down the slope ridge thickens in the middle and tapers to form a more narrow profile at the bottom and top ends. The broader aspect in the middle may also mean that each ridge is slightly higher in the middle than at the ends. This would create a slight outward curvature to each ridge and, when they are lined up and seen more or less at angle broadside, the effect increases to create the illusion that the whole line is rounded which in turn creates the illusion of a tube effect. The eye concentrates on the ridge form tops and ignores the fact that the interspaces between the ridges remains flattened. Different views of the line and different lighting conditions would also accentuate this illusion.

A important factor to remember is that these ridges always appear on one side wall of the canyon, trough or valley system, not transversing across the bottom center of the system as might be more consistent with the "transverse dunes" concept. That is because the ridges are formed in relationship to shallow water flowing down at least one sloped side wall or bank of the canyon system. The only time the transverse dunes "look" may appear to be the case occurs when the remnants of the ridge form train is seen in a old long dead fossil archeology where wear by the elements has shifted the surrounding terrain appearance around over time resulting in a more centered look in a valley system or exposed ridge look with the hard and tough ridge forms anchoring the center and resisting wear.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ew. Thats the kind of thing you'll expect to see in horror movies and then it turns out to be alive.....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here we have the idiocy of NASA, we have pictures from probes and telescopes showing 'anomalies' on teh face of a nearby planet, so NASA decide to land a probe in a flat barren wasteland instead of near one of these features?
For God's sake NASA do yourself a big favour , show the world you can listen , launch the next probe / lander near an anomaly and let us know once and for all.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The thing that makes me so frustrated is the lack of honor among the NASA scientists. I have had a deep love of space and science my whole life, I made some VERY bad choices as a young woman and didn't pursue education so it is now only a love and a hobby of sorts. I said that to say this: How can any scientist blatantly participate in a cover up of this proportion? If a bunch of people on a website can see so easily they purposely avoid areas where these anomalies are found....well you get the point.

Too bad Gary McKinnon didn't get into NASA's computers.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What is being suggested on marsamomalyresearch.com is what they are hiding with the image tampering is the presence of water on mars.

This directory of their website shows a lot of tampering evidence with the photos: marsanomalyresearch.com...

This page discusses the evidence of the mars globe itself and what true colors of mars would like:
marsanomalyresearch.com...

top topics

join