It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

101 Scientific Facts & Foreknowledge from the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
[edit on 27-5-2009 by F15-Pilot]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by F15-Pilot]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

Totally ready for this list...
Terrible, I see no list
So, fix that please
Thanks

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've only been an ATS member for a short while, but one thing I've noticed since I have been a member is the amount of interest shown when the topic of God or Jesus Christ comes up. After reading the various comments which usually go on for pages and pages on this topic, I thought it would be a good idea - as well as something different - to focus on another aspect of this - the Bible.

As most of us know already, the Bible is said to be the inspired word of God. So I thought it would be a good idea to look at it from a scientific viewpoint and put it to the test.

But before we look at the science of the Bible, I would like to first set the stage for
the reason why I started this topic to begin with. It seems as though everybody has their own ideas on what is truth and what isn't. Oftentimes, as I have seen written in this site many times, the reason given by many people on why they believe a certain way is because they read it in a book somewhere, or they heard about it from somebody else or they saw something on Youtube.

How can we know when something is true or not. What evidence is there to support the claims that some make when trying to prove which religions are true and which aren't. Should I put my trust in a published work that was written by somebody who themselves have died and are no longer around to talk about it? Should I trust that I will learn the truth because of what somebody tells me based on a movie or video they saw? One thing I've learned in my life. If there isn't evidence to support what is reported to be fact, then it probably isn't. Truth can always be backed up by fact. Unless it can be backed up by fact, then it is either hearsay,opinion or point-of-view.

Based on the data that has been presented by the source I'm going to provide you, I can say confidently - without a doubt - that the Bible truly is the inspired word of God. And I will present you with the evidence that supports this claim. The evidence that I'm going to present is from no other source but from the Bible itself. The Bible is on trial and we will let it defend itself. Hearsay, opinions or point-of-view will not be allowed to get in the way of us being able to see the truth.

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired? The word "inspired", as it pertains to the Bible, infers that the writers of the various books and teachings of this great work were led, or controlled, by God. And the Bible has alot to say about this.

"However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"— but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words." - I Corinthians 2:19-23

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16

What these verses are telling us are that God - through His Holy Spirit - led the writers of the Bible to write what He wanted them to write. There is no other explanation as to how these writers could have written about scientific principles that modern science have only discovered to be true within the last couple hundred years or so. When we hold a pen in our hand to write a letter, it is our brain that tells our hand what to write. The men who God chose to write the scriptures were His pens and He was the brain, so to say, that told them what to write.

www.raptureforums.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sorry for the confusion. This is the first time I've posted a new thread and of course, did it all wrong.

When you go to the source that I included you can also click on the line that gives the the author's name and publishing company (by Eternal Productions and Jim Tetlow ) and there is even more information that will come up there as well.

Enjoy!

top topics

join