It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED: Homeland Security Radio Network info

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankWhite222
reply to post by Sky watcher

If you want a nice portable handheld, I really like the Yaesu 6R. It is submersible, you could drive a nail with it or knock someone out, it is hackable, and it takes 12v DC directly from a car battery which is very nice.
~$300

Yeah that looks like all i will ever need. I need a handheld because i will be on the move at all times and don't want to buy anything to expensive just in-case some idiot detonates an EMP near by. I have two Uniden GMRS680-2CK now for com between my hunting buds. I hear if the pooh hits the fan they will flip a switch and make them emergency radios so we can talk to TPTB. I always keep them ready just in case.

www.universal-radio.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I would upgrade the antennae to a "Diamond SRH320A" as well, that is what I have and it is great.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Build a crystal radio real cheap

A crystal radio receiver — also called a crystal set — is a very simple radio receiver, popular in the early days of radio. It needs no battery or power source except the power received from radio waves by a long outdoor wire antenna.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Build a crystal radio real cheap

A crystal radio receiver — also called a crystal set — is a very simple radio receiver, popular in the early days of radio. It needs no battery or power source except the power received from radio waves by a long outdoor wire antenna.

en.wikipedia.org...

And once they round you up, I will come take your good supplies when I hear they have moved down the road.

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Although specific spectrums and bands have been acquired for military use only, it doesn't mean that they cannot be picked up by standard commercial equipment. The lovely thing about what many consider to obsolete technology is that is was made before many of the restrictions as to what bands are to be available to civilians. You can usually pick up a 1960's era Shortwave Radio at any Swap Meet or Garage Sale for a steal (although those who know what they are worth aren't going to part with them for anything less than your first-born child and your arm).

The military doesn't rightly care if civilians have these frequencies as the average citizen doesn't know how to tune in to them to begin with, and those that do most probably don't have the equipment to listen in. In addition, anything sensitive would be encrypted any ways.

I remember staying up countless nights listening to the number counting broadcasts by the CIA. On four separate channels, broadcast simultaneously, was the same female Cuban voice reciting series of numbers. Each broadcast was different. Everyone on the Net back in the 1980's would share the frequencies and transcribe the numbers. It was clearly encoded, and even if you could successfully decrypt one of the broadcasts, you had to know which one of the four broadcasts was the "correct" one and which ones were meant as disinfo. To my knowledge, no one ever broke the codes, but it was a lot of fun nevertheless.

This news article, however, appears to be a document meant for US R.A.C.E.S. (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service) which was founded by the FCC and is coordinated by Homeland Security Affairs. Being a member or US RACES or joining your local CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) would probably give you access to this document without it needing to be "leaked". Such projects are important, in the event of a regional or national disaster, to help communities respond and recover from such events. I know our local community spends a lot of city, county, and state dollars into these programs, as well as receiving Federal assistance from DHS. It's basically the modern version of the US Civil Defense that was dismantled after FEMA took over many of their roles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join