It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED: Homeland Security Radio Network info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

LEAKED: Homeland Security Radio Network info

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com

The Turner Radio Network has obtained the complete radio interoperability guide for the Department of Homeland Security, issued by the DHS office of emergency communications. The guide, issued just days ago, includes updates for the entire nation through March 10, 2009.

This 76 page guide lists the radio frequencies, repeater input / output / talk-around frequencies, trunked radio network details including CTCSS codes for "private line" carrier squelching, satellite communications codes, radio programming instructions and more!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
turnerradionetwork.com
www.halfzware.com

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I didn't see this on the site anywhere and think it is very important for anybody that wants to keep tabs on what is going on in case of emergency.

It would be really nice to monitor these frequencies around the US and stream them to the web. It would make for a great "Neighborhood Watch" and if something "Big" was going down, it would give time for people to put their plans into full swing, if not just give them time to grab their go-bags and shotguns.

I already have my Yaesu VX-6 programmed. This unit is also very easy to hack so I can transmit on "prohibited" bands. Great if you want to speak directly with pilots, EMS, or whatever, on the run....

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have the setup to stream some of these frequencies to the net from the NE USA.

Any other radio people out there want to do this as well?

The gear to get it streaming is low cost and very flexible.

Let me know if you have any interest in my streams or getting your own nodes online.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wish I was a radio person . . . but all that stuff befuddles me

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
but...what if this is all just a Psy-Ops?

to make you think you are hearing real on-goings (info) in order for you to have certain reactions?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well everything is radio essentially, so on some frequency, there must be the real deal.

I think the lack of response on this thread indicates that not many people are "Radio People". It would make more sense to just use the media, standard AM/FM radio, and the Emergency Broadcast System to spread disinfo.

Anyways, having the codes and the ability to tie into their repeaters, I could very easily spread my own disinfo.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
I wish I was a radio person . . . but all that stuff befuddles me

I am with ya. That radio stuff is not cheap either. If the crap really hits the fan i would just find a nice LEO or mill spec radio laying around somewhere
. I know that many police cars get robbed of their radios so the crooks know what Johnny law is doing.

You would think that one could find a radio that can listen to everything?

Did they just tell us how to hack a phone in this piece of info?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

to make you think you are hearing real on-goings (info) in order for you to have certain reactions?

My fiancées dad has all the info and gear to listen to them. I know that most radio guys signed up with DHS awhile back to be emergency helpers after 9/11.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

You can get yourself a nice programmable scanner for $100 or so. You'll be able to listen in on just about everything though you wont be able to transmit.

You might be able to get a nice used one too. A lot of NASCAR rednecks have them just to listen to the in car communications which is like 1/1000th of what a nice scanner is capable of.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You can get yourself a nice programmable scanner for $100 or so. You'll be able to listen in on just about everything though you wont be able to transmit.

You might be able to get a nice used one too. A lot of NASCAR rednecks have them just to listen to the in car communications which is like 1/1000th of what a nice scanner is capable of.

I thought they blocked them from getting the good channels. Along time ago i had one but it was old and not programmable. It had crystals lol.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If you want a nice portable handheld, I really like the Yaesu 6R. It is submersible, you could drive a nail with it or knock someone out, it is hackable, and it takes 12v DC directly from a car battery which is very nice.
~$300

For a much more robust setup, go with SDR (Software Defined Radio). GNURadio coupled with the USRP and the correct daughter cards, and you can have a passive radar system, radio telescope, a TV (HD even) station, a radio station, scanner, cellular base station, intercept and decrypt GSM (cell phone) conversations, SMS (text) messages, and data.
~$1,200 for the USRP and daughter boards.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm sure there are some crazy shadow government stuff we cant pick up but you can get DEA, FBI, DHS, FEMA, National Guard, Army Corp of Engineers, etc...

If you're listening for the rounding up of individuals or mass confiscation a scanner should give you a heads up unless they go out of their way to block it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wanted to add that you can read and clone RFID with the USRP as well as kill someone with a pacemaker.

Very useful device to say the least. I have three in strategic locations.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

I guarantee if this has been leaked and was genuine, it's now defunct and a different system is in place.

My personal belief is that this is a decoy in preparation for what the government fears, another civil uprising in America once the $ fails. If they can convince you that you are listening to the real thing, they can make you believe whatever they like.

If it was genuine, it lasted a couple of hours at best (and then might continue for the benefit of homeland propaganda and issuing false intel), but chances are it wasn't to begin with.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

I am interested let me know what i need to buy please. Even better if there is a Kit available I have the skills to solder or even fab a board.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by awakentired]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
useful info frank - i'm a radio/electronics/computer guy myself and this stuff intrigues me, i would like to build that USRP setup. googling now....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I really like the Yaesu 6R. It is submersible

Ya! that is very important if your planning on using it whilst taking a swim in the pool or if you're taking a shower, or if you are a fish living in an aquarium!

But I understand what you mean, it could stand heavy rain and rough outdoor weather, right?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I doubt it.

This stuff is VERY slow moving. Interoperability as been the radio and communication buzzword since 9/11 and they are just getting it nailed down now. The budget for this stuff is huge.

If you were a HAM operator, you would know that much of this stuff is correct. I took the class and got certified (to help or for my own purposes, whichever I deem to be for the good of myself and other good people).

I have also confirmed some of the frequencies it with a family member who is a detective near DC.

Any communications that "they" don't want to broadcast clear on the air will be encrypted and on a trunked system.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

The USRP, daughter boards, and software are all opensource. Check out Ettus Research for hardware schematics (Gerber I believe).

If you have a repeater already, check out app_rpt, Asterisk, and the ARI (Asterisk Radio Interface). This is all opensource too app-rpt.qrvc.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I really like the Yaesu 6R. It is submersible

Ya! that is very important if your planning on using it whilst taking a swim in the pool or if you're taking a shower, or if you are a fish living in an aquarium!

But I understand what you mean, it could stand heavy rain and rough outdoor weather, right?

For a hand held, it is essential.

I want to be sure that my guns and radios (and other important gear) can be submerged and will still function on demand.

The world is what % water? How often does it rain hard, or flood? How about water crossings or seeking to hide in a body of water?

Stuff is bound to get wet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join